Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?

Go down 
+34
metalheaded
the sentinel
akeldama
INVADERS
MetalH
iamrockerfun
FlyingV
Cliffy
kmorg
Gilbert
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
DeathCult
stormspell
shamgar75
mc666
ultmetal
Wargod
James B.
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
SlaytanicPOWER
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
Lurideath
XYZ
Stender
sam
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:19 am

mc666 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't even have to heard Endgame to know it's better than Death Magnetic...

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 695652 +1

Yup..and now that I've heard both, Endgame annihilates Death Magnetic...METALLICA are trying to sound like they have attitude...MEGA-DAVE is attitude.
"mega-dave" is trying to hard to be Metallica. always has.

Oh please...METALLICA sound like a band of 40-somethings trying to crawl their way back into the garage and muster up some intensity...MEGADETH sound every bit as energetic and intense as they ever have. The two were neck-and-neck for several years...up through Black Album and Countdown To Extinction....then they both went through some lean years....but when comparing the 2009 versions of these bands, MEGADETH destroys METALLICA as far as new material...MEGADETH sound like they want to rip someone's head off...METALLICA sound like they're trying too hard...

I've never been a huge 'DETH fan, and actually usually preferred 'TALLICA. But comparing the two now? 'DETH kills them...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:39 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

MEGADETH sound every bit as energetic and intense as they ever have.
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

MEGADETH sound like they want to rip someone's head off
oh please...

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:09 am

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Lol
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:53 am

Endgame by far although Death Magnetic is still awesome!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:09 am

Endgame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:33 pm

I agree with Shawn. Metallica's DM was good but sounded like a band that has been around awhile. Endgame sounds more like a band with fire.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:41 pm

I like both a lot and have played the heck out of them since each respective release date. I am going with Death Magnetic, but I really don't have a clear cut reason. Peace.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:17 am

I think I like them both equally.

Metallica has really come about since giving ole' Mr. Rock the boot. Maybe their next one will REALLY take off where DM left off. DM truly does have that aura that Justice had (has); that epic feel, and heaviness. Sure, James's vocals aren't as gritty, but he does have aggression. Sure, Kirk may not be quite where he was 20-25 years ago, but after all, #1- lots of bands aren't where they were then, and #2- they're coming out of a slump, give 'em a break.

Megadeth just still kicks your face. Endgame is proof. Dave may be a lot of things, but wimping out is NOT one of them. Sure, he's had some ho-hum stuff in the past; who hasn't? Some haven't, I know, but come on. At least he hasn't gone from ho-hum to full-on lameness. He always seems to put out something good, and with Endgame, he REALLY delivered. Heavily.

I like Death Magnetic because it's a great, epic metal album with tons of hooks. I like Endgame because it's a swift kick in the face of solo feasts, infectious riffs, and that trademark Dave Mustaine snarl and spit, with some melody thrown in, too. And hooks.

No need to hate on either one. Nobody's getting hurt or threatened by either band being really good. Don't worry. No one's gonna getcha.

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:23 am

Quote :
Sure, Kirk may not be quite where he was 20-25 years ago, but after all, #1- lots of bands aren't where they were then, and #2- they're coming out of a slump, give 'em a break.

In other words, settle for mediocrity and give them a pass just because they're METALLICA...

Quote :
Megadeth just still kicks your face. Endgame is proof.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
Sure, Kirk may not be quite where he was 20-25 years ago, but after all, #1- lots of bands aren't where they were then, and #2- they're coming out of a slump, give 'em a break.

In other words, settle for mediocrity and give them a pass just because they're METALLICA...

Quote :
Megadeth just still kicks your face. Endgame is proof.

Agreed.

All right, Shawn - Musically, there is nothing "Mediocre" about DM - Kirk's solo's are great, and they really have that 80s feel to them again. Kirk is Kirk, and that is a very good thing. Awesome, HEAVY riffs......I like it. Mediocrity should not be associated with Metallica, because they never half-ass things, regardless of what you may think of the outcome. I really don't get how you can hear in music shock full of killer riffs and solo's, that this is a "worn out" band. I really don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:49 am

The good riffs are run into the ground...James sounds bored...Kirk is Kirk (never that impressed with him to begin with...he was always the weakest link in the band IMO)...if Death Magnetic is the absolute best the band can come up with, fine...it just fails to impress me...I listened several times and was just ultimately disappointed. It lacks intensity...Load and Reload are more intense than Death Magnetic, which sounds tame and reserved by comparison.

If TESTAMENT can release The Formation Of Damnation 20+ years on, and MEGADETH can release Endgame 20+ years on, then surely the once-Kings of the field can get up off thier butts a little more than they did on Death Magnetic...they're underachieving, IMO.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:59 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If TESTAMENT can release The Formation Of Damnation 20+ years on, and MEGADETH can release Endgame 20+ years on, then surely the once-Kings of the field can get up off thier butts a little more than they did on Death Magnetic...they're underachieving, IMO.

Ouch! The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 551859

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Hey, Testament never even slumped and they kicked DM's tail with FOD. But i've liked them better then Metallica since Justice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ouch! The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 551859

Pull no punches!! The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 745733
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Could agree more! Well said!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Some people, I just don't get. First, you B!tch and moan about the fact that they have "sold out" and sound nothing like their old selves - Fair enough, you can't appreciate good music from Metallica, if it ain't balls-out Heavy Metal. Now, they return to a heavier style, incorporating almost exclusively older material in their setlists, and now DM, which is HEAVY METAL - And you now have something else to complain about - I guess you'll never be satisfied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:32 pm

I never complained about METALLICA selling out...I've always defended them for their right to do as they wished...I like Load & Reload...yeah, they brought back some longer songs, some more "Thrashy" riffs, solos, etc...but none of that matters if it doesn't sound like they mean it...IMO, Death Magnetic comes off more as "Are you happy now?" than "This is who we are"...
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:36 pm

Quote :
Quote:
Sure,
Kirk may not be quite where he was 20-25 years ago, but after all, #1-
lots of bands aren't where they were then, and #2- they're coming out
of a slump, give 'em a break.

Nope.

For one thing, DM is, in fact, a good album. Not boring, not "tired". The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_smile
Also, you misunderstand my point. No, we don't give 'em a pass just because they're METALLICA. We don't give them a pass at all. I don't give them a pass for St. Anger. There was no real excuse for that album. Bobby needed the boot, he got it, and now Metallica are starting...starting, mind you...to get back to what they did best. And to me, it's a great start.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Kirk's solos are great? Not any more. He can't play his old solos well at all any more, and his new leads just aren't any better than ones in pretty much any other metal band these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:43 pm

metalheaded wrote:
Quote :

Quote:
Sure,
Kirk may not be quite where he was 20-25 years ago, but after all, #1-
lots of bands aren't where they were then, and #2- they're coming out
of a slump, give 'em a break.

Nope.

For one thing, DM is, in fact, a good album. Not boring, not "tired". The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_smile
Also, you misunderstand my point. No, we don't give 'em a pass just because they're METALLICA. We don't give them a pass at all. I don't give them a pass for St. Anger. There was no real excuse for that album. Bobby needed the boot, he got it, and now Metallica are starting...starting, mind you...to get back to what they did best. And to me, it's a great start.

"Better than suck" doesn't make something good, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
METALLICA sound like they're trying too hard...

On the contrary, the album sounds lazy and thrown together ... like they are barely summon the inspiration to try at all. From the solos to the lyrics, the riffing and the arrangements. Just throw a bunch of stuff together and rely on your previous accolades ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

On the contrary, the album sounds lazy and thrown together ... like they are barely summon the inspiration to try at all. From the solos to the lyrics, the riffing and the arrangements. Just throw a bunch of stuff together and rely on your previous accolades ....

I see what you mean...what I meant was that, IMO, they are falling short of what it sounded like they were trying to do and those "old school" elements sound forced and weak.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I see what you mean...what I meant was that, IMO, they are falling short of what it sounded like they were trying to do and those "old school" elements sound forced and weak.

Right, like they are trying too hard to be something they are not. I get where you're coming from there. But just listening to the album doesn't make me think they were exactly workaholics when putting it together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Right, like they are trying too hard to be something they are not. I get where you're coming from there. But just listening to the album doesn't make me think they were exactly workaholics when putting it together.

Right...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Betcha right about now Mglaffas is sticking pins in two voodoo dolls marked "Shawn" and "Temple of Blood" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next