Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?

Go down 
+34
metalheaded
the sentinel
akeldama
INVADERS
MetalH
iamrockerfun
FlyingV
Cliffy
kmorg
Gilbert
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
DeathCult
stormspell
shamgar75
mc666
ultmetal
Wargod
James B.
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
SlaytanicPOWER
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
Lurideath
XYZ
Stender
sam
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:46 am

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:50 am

Endgame. Metallica are dead. R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:33 am

Gilbert wrote:
Endgame. Metallica are dead. R.I.P

You must be dead, to utter such stupidity
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:36 am

detuned wrote:
The Megadeth is the more visceral, in your face listen, sounds a little hungrier. Death Magnetic doesn't have that energy, but it's solid, like an older heavyweight boxer that doesn't quite have the speed...but can still knock your ass on the floor when the punch connects.

The actual "songwriting" on both albums isn't that memorable and occasionally embarrassing on both parts (Broken, Beat & Scarred or 44 Minutes). But as ass-kicking riff collections they succeed admirably.

Uhm.....may I ask what part of the songwriting in BBAS that's "embarrassing"? - Hooky/Memorable verses, as well as chorus. That riff that comes in at the 1-minute mark is jaw-droppingly awesome. Sure, many people feel that the album was a bit "Cut and Paste", but it worked fine in my opinion. One of my favourite songs off that album. The Heavyweight Boxer analogy you made was quite good, though I still firmly believe that Metallica remain one of the greatest songwriters in Heavy Metal IMO. They ALWAYS release something hooky and memorable, even on St. Anger - Lots of awesome idea's/riffs on that album, the finished result just wasn't there.

Personally, I love Death Magnetic, it was as good, if not better, than I had hoped for. Another great Metallica album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am

****Edited the topic title****
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:37 pm

As released, Endgame is better, but if you take my remaster of the Death Magnetic Guitar Hero files and think of the album that way then Death Magnetic is better. Endgame would be amazing if it wasn't for the over use of triggered drums.

FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:24 pm

ENDGAME The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 108889
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 pm

stormspell wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't even have to heard Endgame to know it's better than Death Magnetic...

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 695652 +1

Yup..and now that I've heard both, Endgame annihilates Death Magnetic...METALLICA are trying to sound like they have attitude...MEGA-DAVE is attitude.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:02 pm

still diggin Megadeth Endgame than new Metallica.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yup..and now that I've heard both, Endgame annihilates Death Magnetic...METALLICA are trying to sound like they have attitude...MEGA-DAVE is attitude.
"mega-dave" is trying to hard to be Metallica. always has.

XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:38 pm

mc666 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

True.

It's more acceptable to hate on Metallica than it is on Megadeth. Someone disses Metallica, and everyone lets it slide; however, if someone trashes Dave, they get crucified for their lack of musical knowledge and their "disrespect" for Dave's ability and influence.

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 457229
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:01 pm

In terms of actual songwriting, Mustaine is NOTHING compared to Metallica. In my far from humble opinion ......
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Well, youre usually wrong, so The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_razz to you fanboy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:12 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Well, youre usually wrong, so The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_razz to you fanboy

Oh, yeah? There's a reason why I'm a fanboy, sir .......
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:44 pm

mc666 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

ding ding ding ... bingo! Someone has won the prize here tonight boyz and girlz!

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Yahoo
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Dave has always been #2. That's not changing anytime soon either.

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Uhm.....may I ask what part of the songwriting in BBAS that's "embarrassing"? - Hooky/Memorable verses, as well as chorus. That riff that comes in at the 1-minute mark is jaw-droppingly awesome......

....PAINFULLY retarded lyrics. "What don't kill you make you more strong" = "what lyrics could make them more suck?"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I didnt say it all sucked, but your statement is wayy over the line, Megadeth has plenty of great and BETTER songs in terms of song writing, your Dave hate is blocking your ears. And clearly there's a reason why I love Megadeth as well.

But realistically its pointless to argue this anyway because its not going to change anything The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:17 pm

I already gave my reasons for not being terribly fond of Endgame, but for some reason I love Death Magnetic. I'm actually a much bigger fan of Megadeth than I am of Metallica. I guess after the last few Deth albums, Dave felt like he had something to prove, and came up with an album that just feels forced to me. Metallica, on the other hand, had nowhere to go but up after St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Endgame by far for me.... But I'm a huge Mega-Dave fan boy. The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 108889
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Dude. Excellent King's X usage. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Not that it matters... Both bands had that moment of glory long ago as far as musical creativity and genius is concerned (IMHO) Since that time, I have endured my share of crap from both bands. It just seems that Megadeth has released a lesser amount of The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 853384 than Metallica. It also seems that folks expect way too much from musicians anymore. If writing catchy, memorable, words and riffs was that easy. We'd have alot less critics on message boards cause they'd all be zillion-aire rock stars.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:49 am

DeathCult wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I didnt say it all sucked, but your statement is wayy over the line, Megadeth has plenty of great and BETTER songs in terms of song writing, your Dave hate is blocking your ears. And clearly there's a reason why I love Megadeth as well.

But realistically its pointless to argue this anyway because its not going to change anything The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_smile

I do not *hate* Dave, I enjoy plenty of his music. I have never been much of a 'Deth fan to begin with, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Dave is in the band. "Peace Sells...." is by many considered a classic, but I could never get into it much. I really enjoy the title-track, though. Maybe it's the mastering/production of that album, which I think is horrendous - The vocals are so low in the mix, and Dave's vocal melodies aren't that impressive to begin with. None of Megadeth's 80s outputs really stands a chance to Metallica's, in my opinion. All right, if we include "Rust In Peace", the battle is a little more fair, but Metallica still wins by far. But that's just personal opinion. Metallica incorporated melody and excellent songwriting in their songs - Except for a few off "Kill 'Em All", there is not one song on any of the first four Metallica albums that I did not instantly like from the first two listens. I like Medadeth's 90s releases a lot better than their 80s. But I love both era's of Metallica (though my favourite Metallica album has got to be ...And Justice For All - That is pure metal BRILLIANCE).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:33 am

I like Death Magnetic better! Both are EXCELLENT albums, I just like DM better
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Quote :
(though my favourite Metallica album has got to be ...And Justice For All - That is pure metal BRILLIANCE).

Same here. "... And Justice for All" is a sheer masterpiece!!!

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 877540
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next