Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

United Abominations vs Death Magnetic

Go down 
+22
akeldama
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Tall Tyrion
FATALITY
UltraMagnus007
Follower of Jesus
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
stormspell
Metal Misfit
TheGooch
XYZ
the sentinel
INVADERS
ultmetal
Schbopo
sam
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
mc666
fingers
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:47 am

dont know what to make of Death Magnetic yet still their strongest album in ages since the black album or even Justice. Some of it reminds of me of UA Megadeth's latest offering but I wouldn't say either that Death Magnetic is a UA rip off far from that. Just wandering what you think is better? Ultmetal you better have a detailed review of Death Magnetic soon!

Last edited by fingers on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:26 am

Death Magnetic is a fine return to form for Metallica. United Abominations was yet another luke warm, commercial, bland, release from Megadeth, who have been putting out such crap since 92.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:34 am

Death Magnetic is better than UA
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:38 am

I like some songs off of UA but there is really nothing on there that grabs me to come back. Thats what Metallica has done for me for years and years and years. Death Magnetic is no exception here and the fact that they have returned to a similar style i was accustomed to makes it that much more refreshing.

DM over UA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:22 am

The last Megadeth record I even heard was Symphony, the last one I owned was Rust In Peace. After seeing some recent live clips of Megadeth (which were pretty bland, even the older songs) I don't think I'll be listening to them anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:47 am

UA
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:25 am

Yay, another Metallica thread! Anyway, DM is great, a solid album, but UA just blows it out of the water.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:59 am

fingers wrote:
Ultmetal you better have a detailed review of Death Magnetic soon!

I will.

I like 'em both.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:47 pm

I love them both. Prefer DM, but UA still is a strong Megadeth release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Both are good but UA is amazing. Some of the guitar playing on that slays DM.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:14 pm

I am going with Death Magnetic over United Abominations. I like 'em both, but DM is a much stronger release in my opinion. Peace.

CD now playing: Youthanasia
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Death Magnetic was more of a return to form for Metallica than United Abominations was for Megadeth, imo.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:12 pm

i honestly like them both a lot. its their best efforts in years i think. UA is my fave megadeth album
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
Death Magnetic is a fine return to form for Metallica. United Abominations was yet another luke warm, commercial, bland, release from Megadeth, who have been putting out such crap since 92.

Tell us how you really feel.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Neither for me thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:20 am

xyz wrote:
Death Magnetic was more of a return to form for Metallica than United Abominations was for Megadeth, imo.

i think we can all agree on that one possibly
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:52 am

I still haven't heard all of UA so as of now i like DM better because Hetfield is bringing back his whiplash rhythm style and alot more aggression than i expected. I like the song Sleepwalker from UA but i need to hear the whole album to make a decision.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:24 am

UA is a great album but it somehow pales next to this one
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:43 pm

Where's the third option?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Velvet Creation wrote:

Testament - The Formation of Damnation 🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Velvet Creation wrote:

Testament - The Formation of Damnation 🤘

Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles? scratch
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

Er....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:11 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Er....

Whitesnake - Good to Be Bad surprised
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:48 pm

United Abominations!
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:40 pm

So bored of these endless Megadeth Metallica comparisons. You just cannot compare these albums. One is from a band who has consistantly put out strong records, had nothing to prove and was released over a year ago and the other was released by a band who so badly needed a strong album almost their very career practically depended on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

United Abominations vs Death Magnetic
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next