Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?

Go down 
+34
metalheaded
the sentinel
akeldama
INVADERS
MetalH
iamrockerfun
FlyingV
Cliffy
kmorg
Gilbert
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
DeathCult
stormspell
shamgar75
mc666
ultmetal
Wargod
James B.
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
SlaytanicPOWER
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
Lurideath
XYZ
Stender
sam
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:53 pm

I think ya'll are insane in the membrane. Marty played some of the most memorable leads of all time. "Foreclosure of a Dream", "High Speed Dirt", freakin' "TORNADO OF SOULS"!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:38 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Kirk's solo's are great

Yeah right! The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes
Not since 1986...

Are you saying that there is not ONE great/amazing solo on Justice OR the Black Album? ....wow....just wow......

I like the main solo on "One" but most of the solos on Justice sound stiff. I really only liked Hetfield's rhythm playing on songs like Blackened, Harvester of Sorrow, Shortest Straw and Frayed Ends of Sanity.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Quote :
Marty is a much better guitar player then Kirk IMO but he never wrote that one amazing solo. Kirk has a handful of them..

Marty's Tornado of Souls is VERY memorable same with Ashes in your Mouth, and Five Magics. The middle eastern acoustic thing on Holy Wars... pretty much anything on Rust in Peace is really memorable. Symphony of Destruction is another.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:35 pm

Kirk's solo's on St Anger are memorable and awesome man! Metallica can do no wrong. Since their 1st album to DM it's been pure genius. The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_lol

I like everything up to Garage Days and certain songs on Justice and the Black album but they have not been consistent and the quality has deminished greatly. DM was a step in the right direction but it still lacked that magic they hyped it up to be.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Kirk's solo's on St Anger are memorable and awesome man! Metallica can do no wrong. Since their 1st album to DM it's been pure genius. The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_lol

I like everything up to Garage Days and certain songs on Justice and the Black album but they have not been consistent and the quality has deminished greatly. DM was a step in the right direction but it still lacked that magic they hyped it up to be.

You mean they had albums before the Black Album? The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Affraid
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:34 am

Schbopo wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You mean they had albums before the Black Album? The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Affraid

No, it was a different band... they really all died with Cliff on the bus and robot imposters replaced them. The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Quote :
I'm just flat out amazed, 25 years later and we're still comparing every move that Metallica and Megadeth make. We've all really branched out since the 80's.

There are other bands? The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 108889
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Marty is a much better guitar player then Kirk IMO but he never wrote that one amazing solo. Kirk has a handful of them..

Marty's Tornado of Souls is VERY memorable same with Ashes in your Mouth, and Five Magics. The middle eastern acoustic thing on Holy Wars... pretty much anything on Rust in Peace is really memorable. Symphony of Destruction is another.

Marty is a beast when it comes to leads. All those you mentioned are great but IMO dont hold up to solos like MoP, Blackened, One, Ride The Lightning, Sad But True, Struggle Within, and I could go on, but thats just me...
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:37 pm

on production endgame. death magnetic failed.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:26 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Marty is a beast when it comes to leads. All those you mentioned are great but IMO dont hold up to solos like MoP, Blackened, One, Ride The Lightning, Sad But True, Struggle Within, and I could go on, but thats just me...

+ 1
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:59 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree once again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The good riffs are run into the ground...James sounds bored...Kirk is Kirk (never that impressed with him to begin with...he was always the weakest link in the band IMO)...if Death Magnetic is the absolute best the band can come up with, fine...it just fails to impress me...I listened several times and was just ultimately disappointed. It lacks intensity...Load and Reload are more intense than Death Magnetic, which sounds tame and reserved by comparison.

If TESTAMENT can release The Formation Of Damnation 20+ years on, and MEGADETH can release Endgame 20+ years on, then surely the once-Kings of the field can get up off thier butts a little more than they did on Death Magnetic...they're underachieving, IMO.

I'm gonna add SLAYER to my list there...World Painted Blood, just the samples I've heard, kills Death Magnetic. 3 veteran Thrash Metal bands walking all over METALLICA...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:35 pm

eh ... I agree about Slayer being good. But they are on the same level as Metallica, not above them.

Just MO of course.

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:17 am

I've now heard World Painted Blood and I can honestly say that TESTAMENT, SLAYER and MEGADETH (all 3 of them 25+ years old, just like METALLICA) released albums that crap all over Death Magnetic...METALLICA should take a cue from these guys and bring back the intensity...if they even can.

METALLICA are legend...I'm not questioning that...but they've gotten lazy, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:31 pm

"Death Magnetic" was a fine comeback album for Metallica.

It's their best since "... And Justice for All".

But I think I already said that in this thread ...

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 395375
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Worship Music
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I've now heard World Painted Blood and I can honestly say that TESTAMENT, SLAYER and MEGADETH (all 3 of them 25+ years old, just like METALLICA) released albums that crap all over Death Magnetic...METALLICA should take a cue from these guys and bring back the intensity...if they even can.

Yep.

Not to mention METAL CHURCH, ARTILLERY, etc.

Being old doesn't mean you can't put out quality thrash any more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yep.

Not to mention METAL CHURCH, ARTILLERY, etc.

Being old doesn't mean you can't put out quality thrash any more.

HIGH FIVE!!! The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 778825 The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 25679
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:59 pm

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 25679 The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 438278
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:43 pm

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 798255
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?   The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The better release: Endgame or Death Magnetic ?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6