Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Last seen movies - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Shiney wrote:
TEETH is great.....And actually GRACE has a very similar vibe to it....

I guess that's what made me think of Teeth. Reading reviews of Grace reminded me of reviews I read of Teeth. For any guy, there's something inherently creepy about the vagina dentata myth and Teeth plays off that perfectly IMO.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm not big on horror, but I love suspense.

And speaking of Scandinavian movies ...

Has anyone seen the Norwegian movie, "Insomnia"? Very good.

Last seen movies - Page 32 Insomnia-poster
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Wow, I thought "District 9" sucked pretty bad. Very lame.

Really? Wow. It was one of my favorite movies of 2009!

I agree. Very good movie.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Quote :
Last night before bed I threw on "Alien Nation" with James Caan -- not a bad 'buddy cop' movie with a sci-fi twist. The shortlived early 90s TV series based on the movie was actually better than the film though

One of my all-time favorite series. I loved Alien Nation. George San Fransisco!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

One of my all-time favorite series. I loved Alien Nation. George San Fransisco!

There was talk of someone (SciFi Channel, I think?) reviving "Alien Nation" a year or two ago but nothing came of it. Probably because whoever was considering it found out that "V" was already coming back and the concepts are somewhat similar.

Speaking of "Alien Nation", I watched an oldy but a goody tonite that happened to star Gary Graham, who went on to play "Detective Sykes" on the A.N. TV series...

I dug up this baby from the VHS archive. Does anyone (besides DeathCult) remember it?

Last seen movies - Page 32 201180.1020.A

TOTALLY AWESOME LATE 80s B-MOVIE GOODNESS!!!

Seriously folks, Michael Bay should've watched this flick before he started working on his overhyped, overly long, overblown piece of sh*t Transformer movies. ROBOT JOX is a better movie than either of 'em and its entire budget was probably less than whatever "Transformers" paid for Megan Fox's hairdresser. Laughing

Bowdown to the most bad ass giant robot movie ever!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:57 pm

ROBOT JOX.

"Crash & burn."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
ROBOT JOX.

"Crash & burn."

Alexander: "ACHILLES! I HAVE ALREADY KILLED YOU! (taps head) IN HERE!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:06 pm

"I will SQUASH you..like BAAAGS."
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 am

I remember Robot Jox, mainly becaues it was directed by Stuart Gordon (of "Re-Animator", "From Beyond" and, can you believe it, "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" fame). But I can't remember if I ever saw it.

Today I watched the Swedish movie I was typing about yesterdy. It's called "Let The Right One In", and it was a very unusual, yet fantastic vampire movie. I recommend it to horror buff and movie lovers in general.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:19 am

tohostudios wrote:
Shiney wrote:
TEETH is great.....And actually GRACE has a very similar vibe to it....

I guess that's what made me think of Teeth. Reading reviews of Grace reminded me of reviews I read of Teeth. For any guy, there's something inherently creepy about the vagina dentata myth and Teeth plays off that perfectly IMO.

Just read the plot to that movie on Wikipedia and must say, Last seen movies - Page 32 Affraid . If this is your cup of tea then you are sick! Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_smile

I've been watching DVDs of Mr. Ed and The Drey Carey show (one of the funniest ever-shame that they're refusing to release any other seasons-when will these people realize you can't base the success of tv show dvds on the first season).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Quote :
BTW, completely out of left field but has anyone else ever seen "Teeth"? Similarly, not very gory but very disturbing and somewhat funny at the same time.

Never seen it. But the premise reminds me of the great classic "Chatterbox".

Quote :
The Drey Carey show (one of the funniest ever-shame that they're refusing to release any other seasons-when will these people realize you can't base the success of tv show dvds on the first season).

I never understood this since a lot of the shows take a few seasons to get going and that is where they gained most of their fans. I'm still mad they aren't doing the later Happy Days and WKRP seasons. They should just bundle all the seasons and make it a box-set.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:36 pm

I think I saw that one, Toho, wasn't it about a little girl?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:45 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Are you referring to "Teeth"?

That one's not about a little girl; it's about a teenage girl who discovers she has teeth "down there".

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Quote :
Just read the plot to that movie on Wikipedia and must say, Last seen movies - Page 32 Affraid . If this is your cup of tea then you are sick! Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_smile

Yep. I'm sick alright.

I always say that my DVD collection is part of my anti-theft system. If someone was to break into my house and happen across my DVD collection, they'd run away as fast as they could because I have a lot of demented stuff.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:45 pm

CSI: New York (still working on season 3)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:06 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I'm not big on horror, but I love suspense.

And speaking of Scandinavian movies ...

Has anyone seen the Norwegian movie, "Insomnia"? Very good.

Last seen movies - Page 32 Insomnia-poster

Never saw this. Didn't they do a Hollywood remake of this also? I know they did one for "Hodet Over Vannet", called "Head Above Water".

Today I watched "Apocalypto". Quite good. Wish Mr. Gibson would make more movies.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:37 am

I agree "Apocalypto" is a great movie!

and yes, they did a Hollywood remake of "Insomnia". It's good too and stars Robin Williams and Al Pacino.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:32 am

I've never had any desire to see 'Teeth' or related film, tbqh. Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_razz I can only see such a thing being a vehicle for someone's bloated social/sexual views of some extreme, which never fails to be irritating...

'Apocalypto' is amazing..however, I've held off on getting the DVD as it is bare-bones and high priced.... I know there's going to be some deluxe re-release anytime now that's going to drop...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

That one's not about a little girl; it's about a teenage girl who discovers she has teeth "down there".

No, the Vampire one. In constant snow with a kid and a swimming pool invovled?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I thought it was a movie about the daughter of the main character in Deep Throat, who had to "learn" her mother's talent.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Versus

Nothing livens up a movie like zombie Yakuza who are martial arts experts.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
Today I watched "Apocalypto". Quite good. Wish Mr. Gibson would make more movies.

I read a couple of weeks ago that he's got a viking movie in the works. That could be fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Ah, okay.

Wait, what??? Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Schbopo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Ah, okay.

Wait, what??? Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_eek

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780622/usercomments

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:03 am

sheets wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I read a couple of weeks ago that he's got a viking movie in the works. That could be fun Smile

That would rule.

Saw "Der Untergang" yesterday. Don't know the English title for it, but it is a German movie about Hitler's last days. A VERY good movie.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next