Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+46
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Eyesore
Troublezone
AchrisK
Hate Forest
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
nevermore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
coinmad
Shiney
spiritoradio
jstate
T-Roy
Thrasher73
manny
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
the sentinel
exact33
sheets
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Addy
kmorg
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
holydiver97595
sam
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Required Fields
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Stender
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Last seen movies - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:17 am

"The Dracula Saga" (Good Spanish cheesy horror with boobs)
"Return Of The Vampire" (Essentially MGM trying to capitalize on the popularity of Universal's monster movies, not too bad)
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:44 pm

District 9 (very good P.Jackson as director, always good)
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
District 9 (very good P.Jackson as director, always good)

I believe Peter Jackson was one of the producers of District 9, but didn't direct it.

Anyways, last night was another installment of Fat Freddy's Shlock-Tober Dollar Store DVD Film Festival... "Vault of Horror," a British-made early 70s anthology based around a bunch of stories from the old E.C. horror comics. Not terribly scary or gory but a fun little collection of macabre tales nonetheless.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:04 am

I think I saw that one a long, long time ago. Is it something like people trapped in a building telling stories about how they die?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:16 am

tohostudios wrote:
I think I saw that one a long, long time ago. Is it something like people trapped in a building telling stories about how they die?

Yup, that's the one. The best segment is about the wife who's never able to satisfy her over-organized husband's obsessive compulsive neat-freak ways, so she kills him and puts his body parts into a series of neat, individually labeled jars. Last seen movies - Page 14 Lmao

Oh, and the movie is filled to the brim with absolutely painful-to-the-eyes '70s British fashions and decor. Shag-a-delic!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:58 am

If you like Vault Of Horror, I also recommend getting Tales From The Crypt which was the sister release.

There were a ton of good anthology flicks by Amicus during that time period: Asylum, The House That Dripped Blood, Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors, From Beyond The Grave, etc....
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 am

Smokin' Aces

Best part about it was the metal assassins. \'arry \'eadbanger

Other than that, lame.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:27 am

detuned wrote:
If you like Vault Of Horror, I also recommend getting Tales From The Crypt which was the sister release.

There were a ton of good anthology flicks by Amicus during that time period: Asylum, The House That Dripped Blood, Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors, From Beyond The Grave, etc....

I think I saw "Tales from the Crypt" years ago but I'm not 100% sure. I would definitely check out other films in this vein, cuz "Vault" was a hoot.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:32 am

Lately:

The Raven (really good, Bela's best perfomance next to Dracula)
Murders in the Rue Morgue (kinda boring)
The Black Cat (good, but odd)
Drag Me to Hell (fun to see Raimi doing low budget horror again)
The Ghost Breakers (mystery/thriller/comedy starring Bob Hope... one of his best)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 am

that TerrorVision looks incredible! The trailer alone was funny and worth a look.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:48 am

I just ordered the original "The Stepfather" and the unrated version of "Drag Me To Hell".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:55 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
that TerrorVision looks incredible! The trailer alone was funny and worth a look.

TerrorVision was very, VERY bad... but in a good way. Think "Little Shop of Horrors" mixed with "Howard the Duck."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Slither

What a great, old-fashioned, ooey,gooey monster flick this is! A major ripoff of Night Of The Creeps with a monster like the one in From Beyond and scenes right out of Society.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Shallow Ground.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Slither

What a great, old-fashioned, ooey,gooey monster flick this is! A major ripoff of Night Of The Creeps with a monster like the one in From Beyond and scenes right out of Society.

Love that movie. Plus Elizabeth Banks is about as cute as it gets.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 am

Fat Freddy's Schlocktober Craptacular continues!!

"Garden of the Dead" -- severely dumb early 70s zombie cheese fest about a bunch of prisoners whose habit of sniffing formaldehyde to get high (?) causes them to become zombies after they're killed during an attempted jail break. Some decent zombie makeup but that's about it. No scares, no gore, no budget, no nuthin'.
At least it was a short movie (just over an hour!) so my suffering was minimal.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:11 am

Never heard of that one. Sounds like I'm not missing anything.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 am

tohostudios wrote:
Never heard of that one. Sounds like I'm not missing anything.

Uh...no, not really. But if you just can't resist the lure of zombie cheese, check the DVD rack at your local dollar store. It's on a double feature DVD with "Scarecrows," which was actually a pretty decent flick.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:46 am

"Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives"

-- my favorite of the "F13" series. It's slicker looking than most of the previous installments (most of which had that sleazy looking "grindhouse" feel, whereas MTV was an obvious influence on part VI's "look"), decent amounts of carnage, and some welcome bits of humor as well. Oh, and the girl who played the Sheriff's daughter is a freakin' hott-EE!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:55 am

I'm disappointed.

That doesn't qualify as an entry in the FF Shlocktober Craptacular.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:01 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'm disappointed.

That doesn't qualify as an entry in the FF Shlocktober Craptacular.

Last seen movies - Page 14 201269 Sorry. After all those one-buck wonder DVDs I've been sitting thru lately I needed to watch something of slightly higher quality for a change.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:09 am

100 points to Toho for mentioning one of my alltime faves SOCIETY.

What I have watched this month so far (I don't get to watch much these days)

TRICK R' TREAT
FADE TO BLACK
HELL NIGHT
THE CREEPING FLESH
PORKY'S
SEVEN POUNDS
CALVAIRE
FRIGHTMARE (thanks FAT FREDDY)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:15 am

Shiney wrote:

FRIGHTMARE (thanks FAT FREDDY)

You are most welcome sir. Did the crappy picture quality give you a headache too? I realize that I shouldn't expect remastered audio/video from a DVD I bought at the dollar store, but that one seemed especially dark and wishy-washy.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:26 am

Quote :
100 points to Toho for mentioning one of my alltime faves SOCIETY.

I'm a Brian Yuzna fanboy. And with F/X from Screaming Mad George, how could you go wrong?

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:46 am

Silver Bullet
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next