Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Go down 
+16
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
Metallic Blaze
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
nevermore
325ad
James B.
stormspell
Sutekh
thejokeriv
kmorg
powermacho
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:21 am

325ad wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:
Night Castle is $7.99 this week at Best Buy, so that is where I'm going to get it.

Thanks, Wow that is hard to beat!

My plan too!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:56 pm

I saw it today at Hastings but passed on it. For some reason, though I somewhat like TSO, I can't really handle too much of them.

Pass the Savatage please!

And as far as Christmas albums go - Rob Halford's new one is gonna blow anything TSO has done out of the water!

My wife really really loves TSO though, so I can't say too much about 'not liking' them around her. I think they are one of her top 5 favorite bands or something. Right up there with Def Leppard.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Because I pre-ordered the new TSO last week at 10.99, Amazon just issued me a rebate for $3 because of this one day sale.

A 2-disc TSO album for $7.99? Sounds like a deal to me!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Wow, that is a great price! Did you ask them to refund you, or did they do that on their own?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Wow, that is a great price! Did you ask them to refund you, or did they do that on their own?

Amazon says they do that automatically if you pre-order but this is the first time I've been the recipient of that policy.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Cool. I like amazon. I order from them moreso than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:45 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Cool. I like amazon. I order from them moreso than anyone else.

Me too. Especially their zShops; those and regular Amazon are far and away the places I buy from most frequently.

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:46 pm

I couldn't find this yesterday. Stupid boonie town.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:34 am

TheNazgul wrote:
I couldn't find this yesterday. Stupid boonie town.

Where do you live? Do you have a Best Buy? Best Buy has this. I think Wal-Mart does too (though I've not checked there).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:53 am

tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Amazon says they do that automatically if you pre-order but this is the first time I've been the recipient of that policy.

Got the same deal. Finally got this in the mail and will listen to it in the morning. This is my most anticipated album this year and I'm stoked. I already read the storyline and found it most enjoyable. Paul is a great writer and should think about writing a book sometime or a collection of short stories.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:52 pm

I live 30 minutes from town and 45 from Best Buy. I'll get there this weekend.
What does this sound like?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

I just picked it up and only heard the first couple of songs, but it sounds like TSO - my first thought. Sounds good so far.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:30 pm

Quote :

Order it online from Best Buy. They will ship it free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:11 pm

stormspell wrote:
Haha, I've just being honest. TSO is a good commercial formula obviously, but does nothing for me otherwise, so I pass.

I never listen to their cds, but I saw them once and loved it, even though I believe most TSO fans have no idea who Savatage even is.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
It's hard for me to phatom how big TSO are in the States. But as I went to pick up my copy of Night Castle ($7.99 for the CD and $3.99 for download, free shipping today!) from Amazon, I stubled across this gem:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 61R-qp-vHTL._SL500_AA280_

So I guess the panflute version is up next?

Laughing very hard A year or two ago during the holiday season I came across a similar TSO "tribute" CD in the bin of bargain-price Christmas CDs at the supermarket. I forget who the "band" was that performed all the songs though. I couldn't help but wonder if Paul O'Neill and/or Jon Oliva knows about these cheap knockoffs, and if so, whether or not they even care. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:58 pm

I would love to see them again (saw them in '94 and loved it) but it depends on when and how much. I love the album and it will most definatly be my top album of the year. That being said I think Beethoven is a far superior album although Night Castle has a better story. I'll say that those TSO fans who aren't into metal may find some of the songs too heavy but I love them. They also do extended versions of Prelude To Madness and Mozar & Madness (both contain the entire origional instrumentals & more). This album also has many more instrumentals and those who don't care for the broadway vocals could enjoy at least half of this album. The cover of Believe is done real well but the guitar solo dosesn't come close to the origional by Criss. One thing I liked more about Beethoven was I could sing the songs and sound pretty decent (not as good as the vocalists on it but close enough for government work). With this album there are several songs I'm not sure I'd do as well on due to the fact that Jeff Scott Soto is a far superior vocalist to me and appears on 5 songs (more than any other vocalist). So this met my expectations and I can say I'm real happy with this one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:58 pm

I saw a new one at the store that has a castle on the cover. Are they moving away from the Christmas theme now?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I saw a new one at the store that has a castle on the cover. Are they moving away from the Christmas theme now?

Yes, they stopped at three Christmas albums. This one is the 2nd non-Christmas album, the first being Beethoven's Last Night in 2000.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:13 pm

Gotta get this soon....

I don't mind the move away from Christmas music -a little diversity always good. i understand that's when they tour, though, and that it's what they're known for.

I would like some new Savatage, though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Gotta get this soon....

I don't mind the move away from Christmas music -a little diversity always good. i understand that's when they tour, though, and that it's what they're known for.

I would like some new Savatage, though.

Don't hold your breath, Jon is happy with JOP and doesn't seem to have any interest in reviving his old band. It would be nice but I just don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:32 am

Yeah, Savatage is sorely missed.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:56 am

Not really, JOP pretty much equals Savatage for me.

I don't know what's there to miss, really. Just pop in Maniacal Renderings or Global Warning and enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:24 am

I agree...JOP is pretty much the Jon Oliva Experience anyway, which was Savatage to a great extent...especially once Criss died (RIP). From Handful Of Rain onward, it became the Jon Oliva/Paul O'Neill show...which, coincedentally, is exactly what TSO is...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:52 am

It'd be nice to hear Zak again with them but i'm loving the Sava spin offs.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:14 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
It'd be nice to hear Zak again with them but i'm loving the Sava spin offs.

Yeah, JOP and CIIC are great. I must disagree some what with Shawn in the fact that TSO is a little bit different from post Edge Of Thorns Savatage (which I'd equate the first 3 CIIC albums to be in the vein of EoT) in that it is a lot more bombastic (moreso than DWD and WoM-which some would argue is impossible).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra   Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next