Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Empty
PostSubject: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm trying to do an unscientific cost/reward study. My wife and I and the girls are thinking about going to a TSO concert, and I was wondering where the best place to sit at such a concert would be. Pay big$$ and sit close, or pay less and sit in the balcony? Somewhere in between?

What has been your experience?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I'm trying to do an unscientific cost/reward study. My wife and I and the girls are thinking about going to a TSO concert, and I was wondering where the best place to sit at such a concert would be. Pay big$$ and sit close, or pay less and sit in the balcony? Somewhere in between?

What has been your experience?

The closer the better, I think, but ideally the best seats are probably smack dab in the middle, or close to it.

I wouldn't pay big bucks to see them each year, but I've seen then three or four times now and paying a little extra for closer seats was well worth it. It's a pretty amazing show, especially the second half, which comprises the heavier stuff. There's fire, lights, lasers, smoke machines, it's badass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Sit too close to the stage and you often end up underneath or behind the house PA system, which means you miss the actual FOH (front of house) mix. With a show like this I'd want to sit back at least 1/4 away from the stage, or if the venue has a balcony the lowest level available, as close to dead center as you can get. That puts you in the sweet spot for the PA system.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Floor, 1/4 of the way back if you want a good mix. They put on a GREAT show
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:24 pm

https://seatgeek.com/venues/at-t-center/seating-chart/concert-3936/

Would F2 Row 7 be too close? I'm not sure what 1/4 of the way back translates to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:39 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
https://seatgeek.com/venues/at-t-center/seating-chart/concert-3936/

Would F2 Row 7 be too close? I'm not sure what 1/4 of the way back translates to.

Do you see the little square that says "Mix"?  You want to sit directly in front of that, so I'd go with section 5.  The front of house engineer sits right there, that's the "sweet spot".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:45 am

I can't comment on the sound aspect, but from a visual standpoint, strait-on and a little further back would be best to see the whole thing in all it's glory. Balcony seating might not be bad. I've seen them 3 or 4 times at different venues (small theater, bigger theater and arena).

Think of it like going to the movies. You don't sit in the front row of the theater, looking up at the screen. You need to sit back a bit to take it all in.

PostSubject: Re: Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?    Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best seating to watch Trans Siberian Orchestra?
Page 1 of 1