Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COMP SWAP 7

Go down 
+17
jstate
mr.electric39
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
ghost
rattpoison
powermacho
DeathCult
bgast1
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Shiney
Olafsto
manny
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
Stender
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:18 am

Time for another!! I guess this time I will be heading the festivities, rules are if you would like to join just say so in this thread....we'll keep going until we have enough people interested and then match everyone up afterwards. maybe a mod/admin could sticky this sucker for me later to make sure everybody sees whats going on...

I dont mind sending out loads of comps for people. Just say so if you want a comp from me, and I'll make it happen.

So far players are....

Sideshowdisaster
Jokeriv
phoenix reign
drummer
Deathcult
Stender
kmorg
detuned
Olafsto
Shiney
Dallasblack
Required fields
powermacho
Rattpoison
ghost
manny
bgast1
Locky
mr. electric39
jstate
SAHB healer
Uncle Saxon
sam
Tohostudios

Last edited by Stender on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:49 am

I think I'll move this to the Review area later. But until we have all the participants ralleyd up, it can stay here.

Oh, and I'm in, i guess....

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:00 pm

I was thinking, since some people like to send more than one cd to the person they are trading with, maybe we should have people agree on how many cds they will send eachother or have a limit or something. This way if someone goes and makes like 5 comp cds and the other person only sends them 1 its kind of pointless.

I know that the people who are trading with eachother can talk about this together but I just wanted to see if this sounds like a good idea.

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm in, but whoever I trade with better like doom...and I HATE power & hair metal.

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I was thinking, since some people like to send more than one cd to the person they are trading with, maybe we should have people agree on how many cds they will send eachother or have a limit or something. This way if someone goes and makes like 5 comp cds and the other person only sends them 1 its kind of pointless.

I know that the people who are trading with eachother can talk about this together but I just wanted to see if this sounds like a good idea.

it is an excellent idea Mr. 9 CD's!!!!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:48 pm

I have discovered tons of good bands in earlier comp swaps, so i`m in....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 pm

manny wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

it is an excellent idea Mr. 9 CD's!!!!

lol I was having fun!

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:23 pm

I'm in as long as I'm not paired with DETUNED....He hates Hair metal!!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Shiney wrote:

Yea dont pair me up with him either he's a HATER! Razz

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm in and I don't mind if I get put with detuned (I'm sure I can scrounge up some stuff he won't totally hate Smile ).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 pm

It is alot of fun but and I learned about alot of bands thanks to Phoenix, sure I hated most of them but I learned alot. lol!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:48 pm

manny wrote:
It is alot of fun but and I learned about alot of bands thanks to Phoenix, sure I hated most of them but I learned alot. lol!

Are you in this time around manny?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:48 pm

I'll join in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:51 pm

Stender wrote:
manny wrote:

No I will pass this go around, but thank you.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm not in either, I don't think I'm too good at this comp stuff. I was only in the first go around and I think that was over at the other board. But I don't mind receiving CD's I just wouldn't have any idea what to put on a comp.

Besides if I put a comp out you would get something like Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, Vanilla Fudge, you get the idea
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:01 pm

manny wrote:
Stender wrote:
manny wrote:

No I will pass this go around, but thank you.

he's still listening to the ones i gave him Razz

mini boss
mini boss
manny

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 pm

bgast1 wrote:
I'm not in either, I don't think I'm too good at this comp stuff. I was only in the first go around and I think that was over at the other board. But I don't mind receiving CD's I just wouldn't have any idea what to put on a comp.

Besides if I put a comp out you would get something like Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, Vanilla Fudge, you get the idea

And the problem is.....
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:50 pm

yea i didnt get that myself.

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Shiney wrote:

Laughing very hard

I like a few bands, KIX is probably my favorite (saw them countless times), if you classify Dokken as hair metal then I like them as well. But you're not going to find any Poison, Warrant, Ratt, Britney Fox, Faster Pu$$ycat, Bang Tango, Slaughter, Winger or especially Mr. f'n Big in my collection either.

lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 pm

detuned wrote:
Shiney wrote:

Laughing very hard

I like a few bands, KIX is probably my favorite (saw them countless times), if you classify Dokken as hair metal then I like them as well. But you're not going to find any Poison, Warrant, Ratt, Britney Fox, Faster Pu$$ycat, Bang Tango, Slaughter, Winger or especially Mr. f'n Big in my collection either.

lol!

He'll do you a real favor and throw in Salty Dog
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:48 am

detuned wrote:
I'm in, but whoever I trade with better like doom...and I HATE power & hair metal.

\'arry \'eadbanger
then you should check my colletion, it has plenty of hair metal Very Happy . I just bought an album from EXTREME, and I love it. So I will put from that band on my comp Razz
Hey stender put me in the list please

Last edited by powermacho on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:05 am

bgast1 wrote:

bgast1 you should just do it man, its a great way to find out about bands..and is alot of fun. Dont worry about not being good or anything.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am

Here's a novel idea, how about digital comp swap. Where we make comps to download from a file sharing service like rapidshare or mediafire, cuts down the waiting/mailing time (did some even get there's last time?) and can be done numerous times easily. Those who can't break from the sick pavlovian response they get from physical mail can do it the old fashion way..........anyway that's my petty way of trying to get in!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:19 am

If anybody is game for a bit of a psychedelic era comp, perhaps I'll join in too. Anyway, I'll probably do a metal one as well.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:21 am

I would like to join as well. I participated already in 2 earlier Comp Swaps and it was fun.

I like the idea from rattpoisen to do a digital comp swap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

COMP SWAP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP 7   COMP SWAP 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COMP SWAP 7
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next