Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....

Go down 
+19
Tall Tyrion
brontotex
Coma
ultmetal
MetalFRO
Lurideath
Schbopo
T-Roy
Olafsto
mr.electric39
Louder
sheets
thejokeriv
325ad
DallasBlack
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:00 pm

You gotta love discussions like this though, that get pretty in depth without getting heated and ridiculous.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
You gotta love discussions like this though, that get pretty in depth without getting heated and ridiculous.

Agreed!!!! Nobody is going to take ToB or T-roy out back and pull an old testament style "stoning" for his comments!!!!! Maybe just go out back and crank Practice What You Preach to 11!!!!

As far as the education system, that depends on where in the country you are - granted, I would NEVER send my kids to the DC Public School system (it SUCKS!!!!), BUT I live in the VA suburbs of DC and my kids do and will go to Loudon County public schools (some of the best in the country).

The cost-benefit depends on the school system.

As far as Christian schools (and even the "home-school" movement), most Christian parents do it because they don't want to send their kids to the "evil, awful" public schools that might teach them something that the parents don't believe.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
How did this topic get so off course by the way? scratch

Temple of Blood wrote:
For even better points (no offense to Shawn intended) read what Christ himself had to say. Now THAT'S something worth looking into.

ToB brought up what "Christ himself had to say"...then it all went they way it went.

You must've misinterpreted my statement. The comment the other poster gave that I was replying to referenced "the movement" which I took to mean Christianity. I was saying that Christ's own words give creedence to Christianity rather than yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
How did this topic get so off course by the way? scratch

Temple of Blood wrote:
For even better points (no offense to Shawn intended) read what Christ himself had to say. Now THAT'S something worth looking into.

ToB brought up what "Christ himself had to say"...then it all went they way it went.

You must've misinterpreted my statement. The comment the other poster gave that I was replying to referenced "the movement" which I took to mean Christianity. I was saying that Christ's own words give creedence to Christianity rather than yours.

lol! I wasn't trying to give creedence to anything.

Bringing Jesus and what He would think/do/say into a thread about a blogger's comments on your band is what derailed this thread...before that it was about music/blogger.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:45 pm

He derailed it talking about "the movement" before I did then because I was just responding to him. But I guess you'd prefer to blame it on me. What else is new? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
He derailed it talking about "the movement" before I did then because I was just responding to him. But I guess you'd prefer to blame it on me. What else is new? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I wasn't "blaming" man...I just read it wrong. Re-reading the post I can see that you are right...my bad.

(don't get used to that Wink )
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:48 pm

I think it's safe to say that this thread has been derailed beyond hope of ever returning to it's initial path. So i'm closing it.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:22 pm

Awwww! Sad

PostSubject: Re: So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....   So someone mentioned our band in a blog .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So someone mentioned our band in a blog ....
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5