Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands Not Mentioned In HOM Part II

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Bands Not Mentioned In HOM Part II Empty
PostSubject: Bands Not Mentioned In HOM Part II   Bands Not Mentioned In HOM Part II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:56 pm

The last post I made in Part I didn't get any replies. I'm not sure if people didn't read it or was ready to move on (the bands I mentioned in the beginning were discussed to the point of exhaustion). So I will start with that and add more.

DallasBlack wrote:
Kategory V, anyone knows about these guys? I have The Rising Anger and must say it is a great work of power metal with a slight progressive edge (very little keybords though from what I could hear). Listening to this at work last night made me think that many of you guys would like them, even those who don't like progressive. They are on Nightmare records (Lance King's company) so you know your looking at some high quality metal.

Also on the same record company (which is actually Locomotive, a subsidary of Nightmare) is Axenstar. Not ground breaking but a good slice of melodic power metal.

Riverside-A progressive band whose music is very similar to the slow parts of Opeth. Great mellow music that is well done albeit not very heavy (kind of like Fountain Of Tears, see below).
Fountain Of Tears-Female fronted goth-like progressive music from former members of Believer, Sacrament, and Sardonyx. Not really heavy but beautiful and mellow.
Destra-Christian progressive metal
Dragonland-unique and well done melodic power metal
Dominici-Progressive metal from the former vocalist of Dream Theater (I apologize if people already discussed this one)
Royal Anguish-a mix of prog, goth, black, death, etc. The highest hybrid metal band out there (they are Christian).
Twisted Tower Dire-good old fasioned power metal in the vein of Metalium
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bands Not Mentioned In HOM Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned In HOM Part II   Bands Not Mentioned In HOM Part II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:59 pm

Fountain of Tears are on my site. Not a big goth fan really, but I checked them out due to their connections to Sacrament and Believer. They sound nothing like either band.

Destra, Twisted Tower Dire and Royal Anguish are all on my site as well.

Bands Not Mentioned In HOM Part II
Page 1 of 1