Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax singer TBA.

Go down 
+16
caniplaywithmadness?
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
zombiewalkin
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
krokus
sovdat
arttieTHE1manparty
mc666
ultmetal
Troublezone
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Blabbermouth sez that some of the rumored candidates for the Anthrax vocal slot are Whitfield Crane, Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour), John Bush (again), and ... Bo Bice of "American Idol" fame (??)

Of those four I'd definitely support Whit Crane. He's got a great voice and I always felt that Ugly Kid Joe were severely underrated.

I'd be surprised if John Bush came back. If I were him I'd flip Scott and Charlie a big ol' birdie because of the way he was bum-rushed in favor of the Belladonna reunion.

Bo Bice? Corey Taylor? Mmmm...nah!

I'm not a fan of either Slipknot or Stone Sour, but both of those band seems to be doing alright. I would think Corey Taylor's got his hands full at the moment. Why would he need a 3rd band? And why would 'Thrax bother with a guy that's already that busy?

Bo Bice? Sure, it would get them some cheap publicity, but it would be a quick flash in the pan and Anthrax would lose any shred of respect/credibility they might still have with their fans if they go that route and would probably do more damage than good in the long run.

As far as how long it will last? I predict 1 album with a new singer, it will flop, then they'll get Bush back and pretend like that album never existed, ala Motley Crue w/John Corabi.

I'm having deja vu. I know I made the same comment some time ago on another thread.

By the way, whatever happened to that Paul Di'Anno petition?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:19 am

By the way, whatever happened to that Paul Di'Anno petition?

From Anthrax.com

Quote :
02.28.07 | IRONTHRAX?
Random - Get Paul Di'Anno to join Anthrax. The Band's RESPONSE:
Scott: "Paul Di'Anno rules."
Charlie: "Paul is great but not or what we're doing."
Paul Di'Anno: "Yeah, already heard about it for some time now, as it was originally requested by some Iron Maiden Scandinavian fans who thought it would be a cool idea. Really nice that people are thinking about me and I have always liked Anthrax, however I am very happy with the way my career is going right now and of course I cannot ever re-enter or tour in the USA anymore, so the Anthrax thing just ain't gonna happen. I wish Anthrax all the best though."
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:21 am

i'd love to hear paul di'anno with or without anthrax
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 1:10 pm

Whit Crane can sing his ass off...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Yeah, Crane is a good candidate and I think his pitch is much better than Bush who always sounded flat to me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Bo Bice? Sure, it would get them some cheap publicity, but it would be a quick flash in the pan and Anthrax would lose any shred of respect/credibility they might still have with their fans if they go that route and would probably do more damage than good in the long run.
cheap publicity is all they chase after these days, with their cash in reunion tour, & scott ians reality show crap. they've already lost respect & credibility.

my guess is it will either be Whitfield, or Bo.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 10:01 am

mc666 wrote:
cheap publicity is all they chase after these days, with
their cash in reunion tour, & scott ians reality show crap. they've
already lost respect & credibility.

my guess is it will either be Whitfield, or Bo.

Might have been a cash in, but don't you think that a good majority of
fans were asking for that Beladonna reunion? Maybe they were doing it
to please the fans.

What reality show are you referring to? Was it the one with Ted Nugent?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 2:13 pm

yeah, that's the show.

and no matter if any majority of fans were wanting the reunion. there was also a majority who wanted them to follow up WCFYA with Bush as well, rather than relying on past successes to carry them. even now people are still pretty much split on the whole Bush/Belladonna issue, depending where you go.

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 5:45 pm

All I can say is, the Belladonna reunion was the best thing Anthrax
have done in 15 years. That show was flat-out AWESOME!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 9:25 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
All I can say is, the Belladonna reunion was the best thing Anthrax
have done in 15 years. That show was flat-out AWESOME!!

Would have loved to have seen it myself.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:02 pm

Yeah, somehow I don't see Bo Bice getting the job. I'd say that between Whitfield Crane and Corey Taylor, Crane is more likely, because Taylor would be too busy with Stone Sour and Slipknot.

I seriously doubt it will be John Bush.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:07 am

This was on Blabbermouth this morning... notice it doesn't come right out and say that Corey is the new singer in Anthrax, I wonder if he's only going to have a hand in song writing for the next CD... cuz let's face it, the guy's already in 2 full time bands (Slipknot and Stone Sour) so I doubt he can add a third to his work load...

It's Official: COREY TAYLOR Is Working With ANTHRAX On New Album - June 6, 2007

SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor has confirmed that he has been working with ANTHRAX on material for their upcoming studio album. Speaking to Germany's Rock Hard magazine, Taylor said of the possibility that he will become the new ANTHRAX singer, "It's been banded about. I'm not saying anything right now because all it's been is just talked about. Obviously, I'm really good friends with those guys. It kind of started as a joke. And then the more we talked about it, the more serious it got. I'm gonna at least help them out. It's kind of a dream come true
— ANTHRAX is one of my favorite bands. We're just kind of taking baby steps right now. I know that we worked on about eight or nine songs together that I've written lyrics for, and there was a song that I had actually written for them that I was just gonna give them the music for, and once this kind of happened, I had to turn around and write lyrics for it myself. But there's nothing definite right now. It's one of those things where it's like we're just gonna kind of play it by ear and just see what happens. So there's nothing definite. It's something that we're talking about — it's something that we kind of wanna do. But I'm in two huge bands right now. So it's like I barely get enough time to sleep, let alone do another band. . . I'm gonna be busy, period. I'm just kind of honored that they would even consider me. These are people that I grew up listening to, these are guys that I had the privilege of getting to know on a real basis. To have them look at me and go, 'You know what? We would love to work with you,' it's such a huge compliment. It kind of makes me feel like I've come a long way in my life."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:12 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:16 am

I'll have to hear it before I reply. I'm not a fan of Slipknot at all, but I'll resevere comment until I hear the new material. Sure doesn't sound like good news though. I reeeaaaaalllly had hoped it would be Bush returning.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:21 am

Great post on Blabbermouth:
Quote :

I want to see the formation of a band called C.D.C. (Center for Disease Control) with the following lineup:

Turbin, Belladonna, Bush & Milano (v)
Paul Crook (g)
Dan Spitz (g)
Danny Lilker (b)
Tim Mallare (d)

They can treat us to an evening with C.D.C. with songs from all eras of Anthrax, S.O.D. & M.O.D.

Scott Ian and Charlie Benante would love that. Not!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:29 am

Although I'm not much of a Slipknot/Stone Sour fan, I think Corey Taylor is a very capable vocalist. I also think he might actually work singing for Anthrax.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Ult is right, we should wait until some material comes out to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Well, I wouldn't call Slipknot a full-time band anymore. For the last few albums they've been saying that was the last. They have another one slated for late 2008 or 2009 (supposedly the last...again). Their first major label release was great; they went downhill quick after that. I think this is because they're just keeping it alive because the fans want it, the label demands it, and they make a ton of cash. Their musical product, though, shows a band struggling.

At this point I'd say that Stone Sour is Taylor's real band, and their last album came out a year ago, so they're in a lull right now. I don't think Taylor is stretching himself too thin here.

And before anyone talks trash (I know that's really not how things go down here, but just in case), Taylor has a tremendous voice. You may hate Slipknot and Stone Sour, but this guy can really, really sing. He's got power, range, and a great tone. I'm talking about his singing, not his screaming (though he's got a great scream, too, very unique tone). I'm not a big Slipknot fan, but I do like Stone Sour. Either way, I'm a big fan of Taylor's vocals. I think this is a good match up, to be honest. He'll be able to pull off songs from both eras. And I think he'll be able to do the early Anthrax tunes better than Bush did.

Whitfield Crane would have been a good choice, too. He's got a killer voice! And I agree with Freddy that Ugly Kid Joe was underrated. It's too bad their biggest hits were a goofy song and a cover. They were much more than that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Whitfield Crane would have been a good choice, too. He's got a killer voice! And I agree with Freddy that Ugly Kid Joe was underrated. It's too bad their biggest hits were a goofy song and a cover. They were much more than that.

Amen brother! My favorite Ugly Kid Joe disc is "Menace To Sobriety," which of course everybody else missed out on because it came out in 1995, when nobody was listening to such things anymore. That is a fantastic, flat-out HEAVY disc. When I first heard rumors that Whit might be up for the Anthrax gig I listened to "Menace" again and thought to myself "Oh yea, he could definitely handle the Anthrax stuff."

I'm not gonna bash on Corey Taylor cuz to be honest I know very little about his material, other than what little Slipknot I've heard, which I do NOT like at all....but I was really rooting for Whit Crane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:12 pm

Taylor is a good singer with a broad range...could be cool.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:33 pm

This is gonna SUCK
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 4:04 pm

I dont think Taylor would do bad.Him and Joey Jordison are the most talented two in Slipknot.I think he's got pretty good range and could pull it off nicely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Amen brother! My favorite Ugly Kid Joe disc is "Menace To Sobriety," which of course everybody else missed out on because it came out in 1995, when nobody was listening to such things anymore. That is a fantastic, flat-out HEAVY disc. When I first heard rumors that Whit might be up for the Anthrax gig I listened to "Menace" again and thought to myself "Oh yea, he could definitely handle the Anthrax stuff."

I'm not gonna bash on Corey Taylor cuz to be honest I know very little about his material, other than what little Slipknot I've heard, which I do NOT like at all....but I was really rooting for Whit Crane.
Menace To Sobriety is also my favorite by them. Such a killer album! I remember when Whit briefly replaced Keith Caputo in Life Of Agony, I scoffed when I first heard about it. Keith Caputo is an amazing vocalist, I didn't think Whit could even come close. Then I saw them live with him on vocals and I was floored! He was awesome! He nailed those deep, epic vocals that Keith had. I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, he's now turned up in Another Animal: http://www.myspace.com/anotheranimalxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:15 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This is gonna SUCK
Oh yeah? How so?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Anthrax singer TBA.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next