Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Anthrax Singer Dan Nelson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Former Anthrax Singer Dan Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Former Anthrax Singer Dan Nelson   Former Anthrax Singer Dan Nelson Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Anyone else been wonderin' what Dan's been up to? Me neither. But since his name was recently brought up in another thread, here's an update...

Quote :
Former ANTHRAX and current BLACKGATES singer Dan Nelson will take part in a reunion of his previous band INSIDE HOLLOW on Saturday, December 11 at Ace Of Clubs in New York City.

INSIDE HOLLOW is:

Dan Nelson - Vocals/Guitar
Dan "Shaggy" Hoffman - Bass/Vocals
Frankie "Calzones" Apicelli - Drums/Vocals
Roy Nelson - Guitar/Vocals

Regarding his split with ANTHRAX in July 2009, Nelson told The Metal Den, "I never live my life with any regrets and never look back and wish I did something different. I chose instead to look forward to the future. We did some great things in the time we wrote and performed together, and I am very proud of that."

Nelson's new band BLACKGATES also features drummer Paul Bostaph (TESTAMENT, ex-EXODUS, SLAYER, FORBIDDEN), guitarist Jeremy Epp (THE VENTING MACHINE) and bassist Uriah Duffy (WHITESNAKE). Dan previously stated about BLACKGATES's musical direction, "It's thrashy and heavy, so it will appeal to ANTHRAX and TESTAMENT fans. But has the groove and brutality of PANTERA, and is also very melodic. The guitarist is a kid from the Bay Area named Jeremy Epp, who's an unknown, but sensational. People are gonna love him."

According to Nelson, he has also been working on his own music on his home turf in Long Island, New York with his drummer of the last seven years from INSIDE HOLLOW, Frankie Apicelli. Dan said, "The project will be called CHILDE OF HALE. The music is very dark, ala BLACK SABBATH/THE DOORS meets something pissed off at everything!"

Former Anthrax Singer Dan Nelson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: