Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax singer TBA.

Go down 
+16
caniplaywithmadness?
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
zombiewalkin
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
krokus
sovdat
arttieTHE1manparty
mc666
ultmetal
Troublezone
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Anthrax singer TBA. Empty
PostSubject: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Can't wait to hear this in late june!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 9:28 pm

Wish it would be John Bush, but I doubt that will happen.

Sad

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 11:52 pm

as much as i enjoyed the Bush-era Anthrax material, i will have more respect for Bush if he'd stay away from Anthrax. the way they threw him to the curb in order to cash in again with Belladonna was a slap in the face. i would much rather see him record with Armoured Saint again.

i've heard rumour that they were trying to get that American Idol guy, Bo Bice to sing for Anthrax. no idea if that is true or not. it wouldn't suprize me, given the stupid moves this band has made over the last few years.

fact is, if Charlie wasn't one of my drum idols, i wouldn't give a crap about this band either way anymore.

arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 1:17 am

The rumor is that it IS Bush again.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 2:51 am

I wish this band would just call it quits.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 5:22 am

Anything but Bush!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 11:47 am

sovdat wrote:
Anything but Bush!

I agree, never liked him with ANTHRAX(but loved him with ARMORED SAINT of course). Maybe they should get the first singer back (NEIL TURBIN) or JOHN CONNELLY.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 2:18 pm

I can't see John Connelly joining the band for some reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 4:22 pm

sovdat wrote:
Anything but Bush!

Yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 1:13 am

I think the Bush-era material is underrated, and mainly because it's compared to the Belladonna stuff. It's like two different bands.

Anyway, I do agree with mc666 in regards to Bush. I hope he is not the "new" singer. He should have some integrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:32 am

true, the rumor is Bush is back, and although they dont deserve him, I will be so happy if it is true!

He is to Anthrax what Bruce is to maiden.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:38 am

Mez2112 wrote:
He is to Anthrax what Bruce is to maiden.

That would be Joey, not John.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 8:26 pm

mc666 wrote:
as much as i enjoyed the Bush-era Anthrax material, i will have more respect for Bush if he'd stay away from Anthrax. the way they threw him to the curb in order to cash in again with Belladonna was a slap in the face. i would much rather see him record with Armoured Saint again.

i've heard rumour that they were trying to get that American Idol guy, Bo Bice to sing for Anthrax. no idea if that is true or not. it wouldn't suprize me, given the stupid moves this band has made over the last few years.

fact is, if Charlie wasn't one of my drum idols, i wouldn't give a crap about this band either way anymore.

I agree who cares .... I loved Bush in Armored Saint... not Anthrax... Their sales are abysmal... 60,000 for their last disc I read somewhere... Slayer got it right (for the most part I guess)... give the fans what they want and they will remain loyal to you... Like AC/DC not everydisc is great but you know what you're gonna get....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 2:05 pm

The more this band is mentioned, the more I hate them! Who really cares anymore anyways??

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of Anthrax!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Quote :

Ditto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:17 am

Bush was the freakin' MAN in this band.

But I wouldn't turn down the gig either...LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 3:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Go for it Shawn!!
I`ll prefer you over Bush in Anthrax, never got really into the Bush era, maybe it`s because of the material??
Anyway, your singing in Trampled Underfoot is awesome🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 3:12 pm

The Bush era was okay but musically it didnt grab me. The last Bush fronted album wasnt bad and was a pretty heavy album. He was great live with them when I saw them back in 04 or so.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 3:46 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Go for it Shawn!!
I`ll prefer you over Bush in Anthrax, never got really into the Bush era, maybe it`s because of the material??

Same here, I'd rather hear Shawn in Anthrax too. But since he is not aware he is in the band he must not be because they have already picked their new singer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Go for it Shawn!!

Same here, I'd rather hear Shawn in Anthrax too. But since he is not aware he is in the band he must not be because they have already picked their new singer.

I appreciate the votes of confidence, guys! Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 6:02 am

you have got to admit if bush did come back it would be pretty undignified for him

and the new singer is ..... Belladonna back permanenty!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:41 am

Apparently Whitfield Crane from Ugly Kid Joe has been playing some club gigs with Scott & Charlie. Could this be some sort of try-out?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:48 am

That would be interesting, but I wonder how long that would last.

Whitfield Crane sang on the band's cover of Priest's "Burnin' Up", along with Bush, some years ago.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
That would be interesting, but I wonder how long that would last.

Whitfield Crane sang on the band's cover of Priest's "Burnin' Up", along with Bush, some years ago.

I've heard that cover tune. Very good. I'd rather see Whit over Bo Bice. I just couldn't bring myself to support a former American Idol contestant. sick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:56 am

Blabbermouth sez that some of the rumored candidates for the Anthrax vocal slot are Whitfield Crane, Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour), John Bush (again), and ... Bo Bice of "American Idol" fame (??)

Of those four I'd definitely support Whit Crane. He's got a great voice and I always felt that Ugly Kid Joe were severely underrated.

I'd be surprised if John Bush came back. If I were him I'd flip Scott and Charlie a big ol' birdie because of the way he was bum-rushed in favor of the Belladonna reunion.

Bo Bice? Corey Taylor? Mmmm...nah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax singer TBA.   New Anthrax singer TBA. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Anthrax singer TBA.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next