Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That's funny....

Go down 
+18
fingers
sam
mc666
James B.
Metal Misfit
chucksteak
Red Kitty
XYZ
Schbopo
GrandNational
Troublezone
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
manny
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
kmorg
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Quote :
The original lineup of LIMP BIZKIT — Fred Durst, Wes Borland, Sam Rivers, John Otto, and DJ Lethal — is back from an eight-year hiatus. Durst and Borland
said in a joint statement, "We decided we were more disgusted and bored
with the state of heavy popular music than we were with each other.
Regardless of where our separate paths have taken us, we recognize
there is a powerful and unique energy with this particular group of
people we have not found anywhere else. This is why LIMP BIZKIT is back."

The
guys will kick off a world tour in the spring on the overseas festival
circuit, with headline shows sprinkled in throughout Europe. Select
dates include (in late May) Russia, Ukraine, and the Baltic countries
where LIMP BIZKIT has never played before despite huge demand, along with major festivals like Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park in Germany. A new album, which would be the original group's first full-length effort since 2000, is also planned.

LIMP BIZKIT's first three albums have sold over 20 million copies in the U.S. alone, and another 13 million in the rest of the world.

I know we don't exaclty love this band here. And while this is not meant to be a bash-Limp-Beezwax thread, I found the highlighted part of the quote above funny. LIMP BIZKIT IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STATE OF HEAVY POPULAR MUSIC? fainting WTF! Are they serious? What donæt they like? The rap in theuir metal? The monotonous screamo singers? The lack of solos? scratch

Mad

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:47 pm

Isn't the current state of heavy music in direct response to their brand of rap-metal?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:51 pm

They are REALLY sick and tired of the lack of money coming in from cd sales, concert tickets and merchindice (anyone ever see the "chocolate starfish" they sold on that tour that was basically a brown starfish with a butt hole?)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:51 pm

These clowns pioneered nu metal, where the biggest nu metal band in the world and than got abandoned like a used tampoon, is their really a demand for Sh!t Bizkit to reunite? And didn't that Wes Borland state he would never play with Fred Durst ever again?
Back to top Go down

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Fred Durst is hungry and needs some exposure. It was either get the band together or go to VH1's Sober house.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 pm

manny wrote:
These clowns pioneered nu metal, where the biggest nu metal band in the world and than got abandoned like a used tampoon, is their really a demand for Sh!t Bizkit to reunite? And didn't that Wes Borland state he would never play with Fred Durst ever again?

Somewhere there is a frat house with a buncha meat-head jocks fist-bumping in celebration.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Fred Durst was doing ok as A & R guy he signed or discovered Puddle of Mud and Staind, and other acts I can't recall, I am sure it is Fred Durst feeling the need to be loved by his trailer park fan base.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:59 pm

I thought Wes Borland joined Marilyn Manson's band of Merry Men. I guess that honeymoon is over?

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:02 pm

I read that this morning.Thats funny.I guess they are disgusted that some metal is actually getting good again.Cant have that happen now can we?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:02 pm

*Bazooka-Barfs*

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Not a great band by any stretch of the imagination but I can't deny that for a short period of time they had a major impact and turns out Fred Durst isn't the assclown he portrays himself to be in the press considering he has had success outside of being a performer.
Back to top Go down

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Somewhere there is a frat house with a buncha meat-head jocks fist-bumping in celebration.

Isn't there something Superman can do about this, MG?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Isn't there something Superman can do about this, MG?

Why do think Superman started drinking once he heard about the reunion, there are somethings even Superman can't stop.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:20 pm

I look forward to hearing what Wes comes up with he is a very creative guitar player. As far as them saying "Heavy Popular Music" have we listened to what is considered heavy popular music? There really aren't many popular heavy bands getting airplay, their seems to be more popular hard rock or modern rock bands that fill the airwaves today.

I wouldn't call myself a fan but I do like a few songs from Bizkit and hope Fred loses the rap vocals and tries to sing more.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Wes Borland creative? Come on I can play guitar better with my ass than he can with all ten of his fingers.
Back to top Go down

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Heavy popular music? What the hell is that?

Nickleback doesn't seem so atrocious any longer.

This is like in a video game when you finally kill the level boss that you have spent hours upon hours trying to eliminate, only to find you have to kill the exact same boss at the end of the game, but this time he is stronger.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:29 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I look forward to hearing what Wes comes up with he is a very creative guitar player. As far as them saying "Heavy Popular Music" have we listened to what is considered heavy popular music? There really aren't many popular heavy bands getting airplay, their seems to be more popular hard rock or modern rock bands that fill the airwaves today.

I wouldn't call myself a fan but I do like a few songs from Bizkit and hope Fred loses the rap vocals and tries to sing more.

I'm not surprised that you like them. Smile
Back to top Go down

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Me either, he's so much more creative than people like Bob Dylan, John Paul Jones or AC/DC.

just kidding
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Man when it comes to Limp Bizkit the bashing really comes out. The guys in Bizkit are some very talented guys regardless of the band they're in. Sam Rivers is a great bass player and John Otto is one heck of a jazz influenced drummer.

As far as the comment on Wes have you heard any of his other bands? Listen to Big Dumb Face Wes does some awesome things on guitar. Darkness Becomes is one killer metal song.

http://www.myspace.com/bigdumbfacemusic
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I think Bizkit has a few good songs, I by no means consider myself a fan and wouldn't go out of my to buy there music. Also De when did I say I didn't like those bands you mentioned? I'm just not afraid to admit I like some songs from bands that fall into the "its cool to bash them" category.
Back to top Go down

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:08 pm

I was joking (hence the just kidding ).

There's plenty of stuff in my collection that I'm sure is "bash-worthy": Henry Mancini, Fred Astaire, Flock Of Seagulls, Evanescence, Power Station, Nat King Cole, Electric Light Orchestra, Seals & Crofts, Supertramp...I'm not ashamed of any of it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:10 pm

detuned wrote:
I was joking (hence the just kidding ).

There's plenty of stuff in my collection that I'm sure is "bash-worthy": Henry Mancini, Fred Astaire, Flock Of Seagulls, Evanescence, Power Station, Nat King Cole, Electric Light Orchestra, Seals & Crofts, Supertramp...I'm not ashamed of any of it.

Ah, sorry I didn't see the J/k my fault. Other then Dylan of course. I don;t mind any of those bands except the pop days of supertramp they once were a great rock band.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:31 pm

This should make Eyesore happy. On a side note - having met Fred Durst a few times, he's not really that bad a guy, just an attention smurf-for-hire to sell his products.

When I was 17, 3DBYa'll was one of the heaviest/loudest albums I had heard. I've come a long way since then thankfully.
Back to top Go down

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:37 pm

GrandNational wrote:
This should make Eyesore happy.
Piss on you! Haha.

And hate me all you want, but I think Significant Other is a great album. And Wes Borland is a brilliant guitarist. I don't like their debut much. Too generic. Their other albums are good, though.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:49 pm

And still no Faith No More reunion.

ox manur.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That's funny.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That's funny....
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next