Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That's funny....

Go down 
+18
fingers
sam
mc666
James B.
Metal Misfit
chucksteak
Red Kitty
XYZ
Schbopo
GrandNational
Troublezone
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
manny
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
kmorg
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

That's funny.... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
People can get drunk and scream a Durst anthem all they want but i cannot get for the life of me why Borland or Rivers are praised as great musicians.

All the people that are praising them are seated at a table for two.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:12 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
People can get drunk and scream a Durst anthem all they want but i cannot get for the life of me why Borland or Rivers are praised as great musicians.

All the people that are praising them are seated at a table for two.

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:22 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
It'll Be Ok, Hold On(ft. Scott Weiland), and Livin it up from Chocolate all have some brilliant guitar work imo.

The bass line in the song Re-Arranged really sticks out to me.

Listened to these three songs and was not impressed, if anything I now think Wes Borland is even a shitter guitar than I did yesterday, he plays with as much passion as a corpse, the songs are like frat boy trailer trash anthems, 100% crap, the only nice thing I can say is that the songs are very short and for that I thank sweet baby Jesus.

Well thats fine, but here is how I look at it, being a guitar player is it something I would of loved to come up with and the answer is def a yes. The intro to It'll Be ok is amazing to me and that style of clean playing is something i like a lot. Passion on the other hand has nothing to do with being a creative guitar player, what Wes was doing on the guitar was making his own identity and being very original, far more then a lot of guitar players can say in this ERA of musicians. You don't have to like him but his playing is brilliant and has its own style and charisma. Passion is overrated and seems to be spoke about the wrong way. Getting into the music live and enjoying what you're playing is passion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:28 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Passion on the other hand has nothing to do with being a creative guitar player....

angry

I need a drink.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Quote :
what Wes was doing on the guitar was making his own identity and being very original,

You mean original as in getting his idea from Les Claypool?

Borland told crowds at his guitar clinics in the middle east and Total Guitar magazine that he considers himself more a songwriter/rhythm guitarist than a lead guitarist, saying that he never got into shredder bands or jazz fusion artists. He says his two hand tapping technique was inspired somewhat by Les Claypool of Primus and the rhythmic nature of his bass playing.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
what Wes was doing on the guitar was making his own identity and being very original,

Borland told crowds at his guitar clinics in the middle east and Total Guitar magazine that he considers himself more a songwriter/rhythm guitarist than a lead guitarist, saying that he never got into shredder bands or jazz fusion artists. He says his two hand tapping technique was inspired somewhat by Les Claypool of Primus and the rhythmic nature of his bass playing.

When did anyone say he shreds? Wes was the only guitar player in LB, therefore he has to be a rhythm guitar player. Every player draws inspiration and influence from many artists and incorporate that in there playing. Using a technique he uses on occasion against him is nit picking, and really doesnt offset the fact that he is very creative and original.

De what do you consider passion? Picking up the guitar and playing the heck out of it is passion. Its a passion for the music and instrument and the love you have doing it. What does being creative have to do with passion? I think when someone says they play with passion they really mean playing with emotion. You don't play with emotion in Limp Bizkit, you play with energy and charisma.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:19 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

When did anyone say he shreds? Wes was the only guitar player in LB, therefore he has to be a rhythm guitar player. Every player draws inspiration and influence from many artists and incorporate that in there playing. Using a technique he uses on occasion against him is nit picking, and really doesnt offset the fact that he is very creative and original.

De what do you consider passion? Picking up the guitar and playing the heck out of it is passion. Its a passion for the music and instrument and the love you have doing it. What does being creative have to do with passion? I think when someone says they play with passion they really mean playing with emotion. You don't play with emotion in Limp Bizkit, you play with energy and charisma.

Quote :
When did anyone say he shreds?

Don't be silly, that was part of the quote but not my point (Les Claypool). He is not original whatsoever.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Passion is not just gettin on stage banging out chords because you can and are having fun, Passion is playing from the soul with feeling. You just wouldn't understand...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Passion is not just gettin on stage banging out chords because you can and are having fun, Passion is playing from the soul with feeling. You just wouldn't understand...

Passion and emotion are 2 totally different things. Who says one plays with more emotion than another? It is all about what one hears, and is all about opinion. All guitar players play with some amount of emotion, but some styles of music don't allow these players to really express that. Passion is something you love to do, emotion is a feeling inside that you let out. Two totally different feelings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Because opinions are trendy.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:50 pm

kmorg wrote:
Quote :
The original lineup of LIMP BIZKIT — Fred Durst, Wes Borland, Sam Rivers, John Otto, and DJ Lethal — is back from an eight-year hiatus. Durst and Borland
said in a joint statement, "We decided we were more disgusted and bored
with the state of heavy popular music than we were with each other.
Regardless of where our separate paths have taken us, we recognize
there is a powerful and unique energy with this particular group of
people we have not found anywhere else. This is why LIMP BIZKIT is back."

The
guys will kick off a world tour in the spring on the overseas festival
circuit, with headline shows sprinkled in throughout Europe. Select
dates include (in late May) Russia, Ukraine, and the Baltic countries
where LIMP BIZKIT has never played before despite huge demand, along with major festivals like Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park in Germany. A new album, which would be the original group's first full-length effort since 2000, is also planned.

LIMP BIZKIT's first three albums have sold over 20 million copies in the U.S. alone, and another 13 million in the rest of the world.

I know we don't exaclty love this band here. And while this is not meant to be a bash-Limp-Beezwax thread, I found the highlighted part of the quote above funny. LIMP BIZKIT IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STATE OF HEAVY POPULAR MUSIC? fainting WTF! Are they serious? What donæt they like? The rap in theuir metal? The monotonous screamo singers? The lack of solos? scratch

Mad

A very dark time for music. sick :eyesore:

I am sure ultmetal would agree with me haha.

Anyway doesn't really surprise me though because it's nearly the end of the decade and I reckon alot of 90s artists will make a comeback in the next decade (2010's) because what happens is in the first decade a band is cool then they become derogatry in the second decade and in the third decade they make a comeback. For example Motley Crue were popular in the 1980's then when the 90s came they were "uncool" by the mainstream and when the 2000's came along they became popular again but with a new image though, same goes with Limp Bizkit. I am sure bands like Soundgarden, My Sister's Machine (hopefully) will make a comeback and maybe a Nirvana reunion will happen with Dave Groul or Eddie Vedder on vocals lol!

Last edited by fingers on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Hahahahaha! Really? I love how some of you act like you know what's going through a musicians heart and mind while he's playing.

Here is the simple fact of this thread. Many of you dislike Limp Bizkit. Therefore your opinions are that of fools. Sorry. You are so BLATANTLY close-minded when it comes to this band. It is so clear.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Hahahahaha! Really? I love how some of you act like you know what's going through a musicians heart and mind while he's playing.

Here is the simple fact of this thread. Many of you dislike Limp Bizkit. Therefore your opinions are that of fools. Sorry. You are so BLATANTLY close-minded when it comes to this band. It is so clear.

That is pretty much the bottom line. If you dislike a band it is natural to bash them or not agree on certain things. I dislike a lot of bands and for many reasons, but if I hear something good or think that someone in that band is good musician I will point it out.

Limp Bizkit will always be one of those bands its cool to bash, thats just the bottom line. You don't have to like them, but you also don't have to disrespect them as musicians.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Me hating them has nothing to do with their musicianship. I hate them because they suck.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Good grief... who'da thunk that a frickin Limp Bizkit thread would be up to 6 pages already?? ?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Me hating them has nothing to do with their musicianship. I hate them because they suck.
Absolutely incorrect. Most people in this world cannot objectively judge something they dislike. It's simple human nature, the definition of which is on display here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
....Therefore your opinions are that of fools. Sorry.

Dude, you've been having a grand ole time throughout this thread bashing on everyone's intelligence level, are you really that insecure?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Absolutely incorrect. Most people in this world cannot objectively judge something they dislike. It's simple human nature, the definition of which is on display here.

Er...do you think you're going into this a little too in-depth? I was telling Rob that I dislike their music. They could all be gods of their instruments and I'd bet I would still dislike them. That was all I was saying.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Fred Durst was clearly the main reason why Limp Bizkit sucked he had cringe making retarded lyrics that would appeal to a narrow minded ignorant 14 year old and he even admitted that he was using Limp Bizkit as an entry ticket to money and fame and pissed a hell of alot people off in the music industry with his crap and attitude as well (Bruce Dickinson, Trent Reznor, Zakk Wylde (gotta love his live shows ridiculing the clown lol! ), guys from Slipknot. Not only that he ripped off the singer from the early 90s Rap Metal band The Skatenigs. He admittingly said in 1998 he predicted Limp Bizkit would become a fad 10 years from now which shows his lack of commitment for the band. Wes Borland on the other hand had the opposite attitude even though he is a mediocre guitar player he only wanted to have his music heard and basically had the attitude of a musician. Fortunately he woke up and left Limp Bizkit for good when he couldn't take Fred Durst stupidity anymore.
Anyway I saw a review on amazon reviewing Yall Three Dollar Bill
and I agree with most of it except for suggesting Mike Patton as a replacement and Wes Borland being a talented guitarist I wonder what your thoughts are on it here it is:

A couple of years ago, I went through this major anti-Limp Bizkit phase, where I basically hated everything to do with them, and even went as far as to think it's objectively wrong to like them. Well, I'm past that immaturity now, and while I still mostly hate their music, I was able to manage to give this CD another chance. And as a result, I've come to realize that Fred Durst is the problem, not the band overall.

You might not realize it from listening to their later material, but they are actually talented musicians. Wes Borland used to have a unique and interesting guitar style, and John Otto is a pretty solid drummer. There's actually a lot of pretty cool music going on on this album, but Fred Durst completely ruins it. For instance, if you take "Sour", remove the vocals, and leave it as just an instrumental, you have a pretty cool piece of music, with an odd guitar melody, and jazzy drumming. But then, you put Fred Durst shouting like an idiot over it, and it's barely listenable. That's basically what the whole album is like. Some of these songs aren't that great musically either, but the ones that are are destroyed by Durst's annoying voice. The only song I really enjoy here, is "Everything", which is an atmospheric 16-minute instrumental. It's nothing amazing, pretty much the same melody played over and over, but it's a nice peaceful track to get the ringing of Durst's horrible vocals out of your head.

So, there you have it. This could have been a good album, maybe even a great one, but the stain of Fred Durst brought it down. And it's only gotten worse from there. Durst clearly has no aspirations but to use music as a get-rich-quick scheme, and he's dragging these otherwise talented musicians along with him. He's even said himself that Limp Bizkit is just a fad that no one's going to care about in 10 years, and he doesn't even care. Not as long as it helps him rake in millions of dollars. These guys need to ditch this loser, and find a new singer who actually has talent. Might I suggest one Mike Patton? Give him a call, guys. You won't be MTV superstars anymore, but he'll actually help to stimulate your creativity, rather than suppress it. Fred Durst deserves to be pumping gas or flipping burgers. The music industry has no place for him.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Schbopo wrote:

In all honesty if you hate a band like Limp Bizkit is hated, would you go against the grain and say that you dig something about them other then there songs? There are tons of bands I don't like and think suck but there is always something in those bands that at least peeks my interest or grabs my attention somewhere. Its fine to say a band sucks, but have some reasoning behind it as well. Its also fine to say a band sucks, but that doesn't mean every member in that group is a bunch of talentless guys does it?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:50 pm

I never said they were talentless. I merely dislike their music. It doesn't appeal to me. That should be reason enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:51 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Dude, you've been having a grand ole time throughout this thread bashing on everyone's intelligence level, are you really that insecure?
Talk about insecure. When the hell did I make reference to anyone's intelligence level?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Talk about insecure. When the hell did I make reference to anyone's intelligence level?

Quote :
I use words quite well, thank you. You just don't understand them.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:59 pm

That's funny.... - Page 6 42525711pwned
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I never said they were talentless. I merely dislike their music. It doesn't appeal to me. That should be reason enough.

I'm not a huge fan, but I dig enough of there material to make a cd. I just think people go a lil overboard with the bashing of everything Limp Bizkit related.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That's funny....
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next