Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That's funny....

Go down 
+18
fingers
sam
mc666
James B.
Metal Misfit
chucksteak
Red Kitty
XYZ
Schbopo
GrandNational
Troublezone
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
manny
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
kmorg
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

That's funny.... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Shiney wrote:
First...explain to me a condescending way..in typed text?

second. This is not alot of other forums.

third...."But hey, it seems he can do no wrong around here, so I'm sure it's all in my imagination."

uncalled for....and childish. sniff sniff.

I'm trying to do my job as a mod....and remedy situations...as I see them. I don't read 90% of the threads in the metal room, but read this one. And I found you all to be out of line. BUT the initial remarks of Eye's weren't attacking, things took a turn after you guys started calling him out for saying Bnoham was overrated and calling his opinions stupid.

I am not going to stand here and explain myself. Im just saying: Keep it friendly, keep it mature. No poo flinging. Got it?

I don't give a baggie of sh*t what you guys do on other boards,

Shiney, I hope you are still on and I will go over your points if you disagree, please repley back.

The first point is if this thread took a negative turn it was due to my comments not detuned or Troublezone, I am the one who said that the guitar playing was sh!t and stand by that comment, but if firestorm was started it was due to some of my comments, guilty as charged but they certainly were not personal nor did I at any time call someone stupid or question anyone's intelligence that was Eyesore, he was being condescending, not anyone else but him, examples:

"You Have Clearly have not listened to very much..." that is condescending statement " God you are so unrepentant with your foolish argument" "You Can't quote a Book you don't Understand" "Opinions are that of fools' and at one point the great Lord Eyesore even admits he was being somewhat insulting and his rational for this is that his insult was more mature!!

I nor from re reading thru this thread found troublezone or detuned calling anyone stupid.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:56 pm

I have heard BORLANDS "BIG DUMB FACE" project and it's oddly cool. He is a great guiotarist albeit an effects slave...sort of like VAI.

Great guitarists but they rely to much on electronic gizmos and what....

gimme ZAPPA and NUGENT anyday...they created ungodly sounds and fury and were hiding behind 170 pedals.

Last edited by Shiney on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Shiney wrote:
I have ehard BORLANDS "BIG DUMB FACE" project and it's oddly cool.
which explains your ehard (internet boner).

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Shiney wrote:
I have heard BORLANDS "BIG DUMB FACE" project and it's oddly cool. He is a great guiotarist albeit an effects slave...sort of like VAI.

Great guitarist but they rely to much on electronic gizmos and what....gimme ZAPPA and NUGENT anyday...they created ungodly sounds and fury and were hiding behind 170 pedals.

I happen to be a fan of Zappa and Nugent but comparing them to Borland I feel is a bit of stretch but to each their own and like I posted earlier in response to Metalrob we all hear music differently so you obviously hear something in Borland's playing that I do not.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Look...I don't really care who started what....

All are/were guilty...I just chose to address it.

This sort of crap could easily be taken to PM if the feelings are that strong.

And for the record....

I hate LIMP BIZKIT. I think the only talented member was WES.

I think BONHAM was an overated drummer.

I think we are all family here and families fight and get over it....so let's hug and get over it.

There going to be pie after dinner.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:10 pm

I wasn't comparing...really...I said VAI and BORLAND = FX heavy guitar wankery goodness

NUGENT and ZAPPA= playing furious guitar whoo hoo!
And while I am no RATM fan either....MORELLO can make all the crazy sounds on his guitar that the other s can but he doesnt use pedals.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Shiney wrote:

All are/were guilty...I just chose to address it.

This sort of crap could easily be taken to PM if the feelings are that strong.

And for the record....

I hate LIMP BIZKIT. I think the only talented member was WES.

I think BONHAM was an overated drummer.

I think we are all family here and families fight and get over it....so let's hug and get over it.

There going to be pie after dinner.

OK cool I am over anyway now who is that band in your avatar?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:14 pm

THE BEAT FARMERS.

If you have never listened to them...you are missing out.

think THE BLASTERS colliding with LEON REDBONE at a barbeque at THE HEARTBREAKERS house....and that isn't close. It's roots rock...loud and snotty and such a campy dose of humor.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Shiney wrote:
THE BEAT FARMERS.

If you have never listened to them...you are missing out.

think THE BLASTERS colliding with LEON REDBONE at a barbeque at THE HEARTBREAKERS house....and that isn't close. It's roots rock...loud and snotty and such a campy dose of humor.

I'll check them out on Youtube any particular clip I should watch by them?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Shiney wrote:

Great guitarists but they rely to much on electronic gizmos and what....

gimme ZAPPA and NUGENT anyday...they created ungodly sounds and fury and were hiding behind 170 pedals.

zappa is the man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Quote :

I just want to point out that you only adressed the three of us not into Limp Bizkit, not Eyesore or Metalrob... If you guys are buddies so be it but can you at least be fair?

Please excuse my use of the word "stupid" but that was directed at one of his negative comments about me not his person. manny and detuned gave you clear evidence of his "mature" attacks on my intelligence.

I don't think any of us got too out of hand, just a little heated trying to get our points across.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Quote :
But hey, it seems he can do no wrong around here, so I'm sure it's all in my imagination.

I also find this to be true... I recall someone once saying "Eyesore is just being Eyesore".

Ok i just wanted to point that out...

Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:19 am

This was quite an interesting read over my morning coffee. I tuned out 7 pages ago, but I glad I stopped back in. I can't believe that Fred Durst, John Bonham, Gene Hoglan, Wes Borland, Frank Zappa, Les Claypool, Steve Vai, The Beat Farmers (who?), Ted Nugent and Tom Morello would all be name-checked in the same story. I must've woke up in another dimension this morning.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This was quite an interesting read over my morning coffee. I tuned out 7 pages ago, but I glad I stopped back in. I can't believe that Fred Durst, John Bonham, Gene Hoglan, Wes Borland, Frank Zappa, Les Claypool, Steve Vai, The Beat Farmers (who?), Ted Nugent and Tom Morello would all be name-checked in the same story. I must've woke up in another dimension this morning.

Yes I believe it is called the Twlight Zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:56 am

Limp Bizkit still sucks and if you like them then you suck.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:56 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Very Happy

Well, that wraps it up nicely. I want to thank all of you for your input, but this thread is now closed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:57 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Very Happy

Well, that wraps it up nicely. I want to thank all of you for your input, but this thread is now closed.

Always nice to cap things off clearly. Cool
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Just gonna toss this out, as I read through the thread (ignoring the war-fest in the middle).

I always thought Borland was a decent guitarist, but nothing special. However, I did go and listen to that tune that was mentioned (Big Dumb Face - Darkness Becomes). My opinion has been changed, truth to tell. Dude has got some skill, there is no denying it. That song just kicked my ass!

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That's funny....
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8