Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's always funny til someone gets hurt...

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Empty
PostSubject: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:52 am

Quote :
ATLANTA, May 22 (UPI) -- A 25-year-old man died after falling over a railing at Atlanta's Turner Field during a game between the New York Mets and Atlanta Braves.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office said Justin Hayes, 25, of Cumming, Ga., was pronounced dead Wednesday night at Grady Memorial Hospital after he fell an estimated four levels in the stadium, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Police told the newspaper Hayes was apparently sliding on a handrail (EDIT:like a dumbass) during the bottom of the eighth inning of the game when he fell. Witnesses said he hit concrete and metal railings.

Atlanta Police spokesman Ron Campbell said alcohol may have been involved in the incident, which is still under investigation, the Journal-Constitution said.

I'm just posting this as a cautionary tale. Also, this guy is an idiot. A dead idiot.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:54 am

spectrefate wrote:
alcohol may have been involved in the incident,

No way! I'm shoked. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:57 am

When I see stories like these, I usually consider it an example of natural selection at work...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:59 am

That's exactly what I thought FF! An entry for the Darwin Awards.

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:59 am

Also, how would you like your hometown to be "Cumming, GA". Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:05 am

I'm originally from PA; no state has as many double entendre town names as PA does.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:11 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'm originally from PA; no state has as many double entendre town names as PA does.

You're not from Intercourse, PA are you?

The saddest part of the story is that now the stadium will have go through the cost of installing safety rails or barriers to keep other idiots from doing this, not to mention that the moron's family will of course have to sue the stadium, the Braves, Ted Turner, the consession stand company that sold him the beer and the makers of alcoholic beverages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

not to mention that the moron's family will of course have to sue the stadium, the Braves, Ted Turner, the consession stand company that sold him the beer and the makers of alcoholic beverages.

Another good ol' USA worldwide exclusive. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:15 am

Quote :
You're not from Intercourse, PA are you?

Nope but I've been there. Blue Ball too. My brother still lives in Lancaster County.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:20 am

Pennsylvania may have the most double-entendre names, but New Jersey is no slouch when it comes to perverted town/county names either. We've got Essex County, Sussex County, Middlesex county, Cherry Hill, Long Branch, Fort Dix....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu May 22, 2008 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:21 am

But PA has Fertility, Desire, Intercourse, Climax, Virginville, Two Lick....etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:22 am

My favorite is Blue Ball.

Which isn't too far from Intercourse or Virginville.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:26 am

tohostudios wrote:
My favorite is Blue Ball.

Which isn't too far from Intercourse or Virginville.

What makes the Pennsylvania town names even funnier is that if I'm not mistaken, most of those towns were founded by the Amish.

When I was a kid my Dad had a T-shirt from Intercourse, PA. It just said "INTERCOURSE" in huge block letters with a little tiny "Pennsylvania" (that you practically needed a magnifying glass to see) underneath. When I was really young I had no idea why he found that shirt so funny.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:26 am

What is with you guys? Spring fever or are you suddenly 12? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:28 am

Auntie Saxon wrote:
What is with you guys? Spring fever or are you suddenly 12? Smile

As of today I'm suddenly 38, but I refuse to act like it. Therefore I remain forever 12.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:29 am

Me too. We actually took a picture of the Intercourse sign while in PA because we thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:02 am

We saw some Amish chicks on roller blades. I found that an "enlightening" experience!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:03 am

Quote :
What makes the Pennsylvania town names even funnier is that if I'm not mistaken, most of those towns were founded by the Amish.

Have you ever met the Amish? Funny buncha butter-churners they are! They have a great sense of humor. I mean, just look at the beards...

It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Amish02

That's a mighty fine chin-slinky thou are sporting, Jebidiah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:04 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
We saw some Amish chicks on roller blades. I found that an "enlightening" experience!

It's always funny til someone gets hurt... P8190155
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:05 am

I used to drive a shuttle bus from Columbus, OH to Fort Wayne, IN everyday. The bus went straight through Ohio Amish country so I had plenty of Amish passengers. They didn't say much. But it was a fun drive with the windows up if ya get my drift.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Have you ever met the Amish? Funny buncha butter-churners they are! They have a great sense of humor. I mean, just look at the beards...

It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Amish02

That's a mighty fine chin-slinky thou are sporting, Jebidiah.

St. Amish?

It's always funny til someone gets hurt... 20070709082609990004
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:12 am

spectrefate wrote:
I used to drive a shuttle bus from Columbus, OH to Fort Wayne, IN everyday. The bus went straight through Ohio Amish country so I had plenty of Amish passengers. They didn't say much. But it was a fun drive with the windows up if ya get my drift.

They make a wicked tuna salad for shizzle. Years ago, we were traveling to Hershey, PA to see Guns n' Roses and we stopped at an Amish roadside general store to get something to eat. I got a tuna-salad hoagie and it was the best tuna-salad EVER. Whatever secret herbs and spices farmer Zed was growing out behind the barn was outstanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:13 am

Quote :
St. Amish?
It's always funny til someone gets hurt... 20070709082609990004

"My churnstyle determines my butterstyle"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:15 am

That's the truth, MG71. When we camp in the Poconos we usually visit a big outdoor flea market while we're out there, and there's one booth in that flea market that's run by an Amish family ...they sell homemade jellies, breads, pies, cookies, etc... we always pick up something to take home cuz they can whip up some dang good eats.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
That's the truth, MG71. When we camp in the Poconos we usually visit a big outdoor flea market while we're out there, and there's one booth in that flea market that's run by an Amish family ...they sell homemade jellies, breads, pies, cookies, etc... we always pick up something to take home cuz they can whip up some dang good eats.

Let them shun zippers and vaccinations all they want, those folks know how to cook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's always funny til someone gets hurt...   It's always funny til someone gets hurt... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's always funny til someone gets hurt...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next