Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That's funny....

Go down 
+18
fingers
sam
mc666
James B.
Metal Misfit
chucksteak
Red Kitty
XYZ
Schbopo
GrandNational
Troublezone
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
manny
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
kmorg
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

That's funny.... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:18 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
....Therefore your opinions are that of fools. Sorry.
Dude, you've been having a grand ole time throughout this thread bashing on everyone's intelligence level, are you really that insecure?
Talk about insecure. When the hell did I make reference to anyone's intelligence level?

Quote :
I use words quite well, thank you. You just don't understand them.
Oh, right. You must be one of those that "know" what I really meant, huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I love being talked down to, gives me such a warm feeling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:43 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I love being talked down to, gives me such a warm feeling.
Yeah, because that's what I'm doing. You said I was "bashing on everyone's intelligence level", and yet I'm not supposed to respond? Or maybe I should let someone pull one word out of something I said, take it completely out of context, and insist I was insulting people when I was doing no such thing.

In a thread where many people flat out trash a band, and then try to convince people they're somehow being subjective--yes, I find that to be a foolish notion. If you insist I called you stupid by saying so, then so be it. But if I wanted to call you stupid, I would do so outright, to your "face." Unlike some of you here do when it comes to me.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:52 pm

I've been reading over this thread, and...wow. Why don't we all just take a shitload of Prozac?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:02 am

Schbopo wrote:
I've been reading over this thread, and...wow. Why don't we all just take a shitload of Prozac?

Because it really hasn't gotten that out of hand, has it? We are just discussing opinion against opinion. Sometimes it can get heated but in the end we will eventually agree on something else. I have learned to try and word my words so that I don't seem to come off as an sfincter because I am not. If I am I apologize to anyone I may have said something wrong to.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:07 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

Because it really hasn't gotten that out of hand, has it? We are just discussing opinion against opinion. Sometimes it can get heated but in the end we will eventually agree on something else. I have learned to try and word my words so that I don't seem to come off as an sfincter because I am not. If I am I apologize to anyone I may have said something wrong to.

Exactly, it's been pretty cool....but a little Prozac would do us all some good.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:13 am

a nice lil chin check would do some a world of good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:43 am

James B. wrote:
a nice lil chin check would do some a world of good
lol!

Tough Guy Alert!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:04 am

Quote :
You are so BLATANTLY close-minded when it comes to this band. It is so clear.

So you've never criticized a band here before? What are we supposed to do... lie and give them praise?

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:05 am

Quote :

So what did you mean then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:25 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
So what did you mean then?
I meant--and I said this clearly--that you can't say you hate a band and then pretend like you're unbiased enough to give a subjective, honest opinion. It's ridiculous to try to even convince someone of that.

And for the record, I hardly ever discuss bands that I dislike. For reasons illustrated in this thread. It's pointless and stupid to do so, at least in this fashion. I have better things to do than to trash another musician and their music in the manner that some have done here. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:16 am

OK in conclusion Metal Rob and Eyesore think Limp Bizkit are brillant musicians, everyone else here thinks they suck, and Eyesore has the intelligence of Einstein, wisdom of Solomon, the wit of Will Rodgers, and oratory skills of Lincoln.

I am amazed a band like Limp Bizkit could inspire seven pages of complete horse sh#t The political thread was more civil, keep in mind we are talking and expressing an opinion on a band, not on anyone's familiy members or anyone's religion, a band, a pretty forgotable band at that.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:43 am

Limp bizkit? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:56 am

Manny I don't think Limp Bizkit is brilliant musicians I think Wes is a brilliant guitar player is his usage of effects and his creative style, and Sam and John are very talented guys as well.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:03 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Manny I don't think Limp Bizkit is brilliant musicians I think Wes is a brilliant guitar player is his usage of effects and his creative style, and Sam and John are very talented guys as well.

Fair enough MetalRob, you never said the entire band was brillant and you did state several times that you are not even much of a fan. As far the albums go "Three Dollar Bill" is horrible, the next CD they released 'Significant Other' while still not a great album has a few good cuts but overall songwriting is weak, the only element that stands out is Wes Borland, finally "Starfish" CD IMO is the best of the lot. Still think some of songs are terrible but it seems that they were heading in more promising direction, of course just as things are getting somewhat interesting Wes Borland bails, what their other albums sound like, I have no idea, but Wes maybe a great guitar player but I see no evidence of this from his work on his first three albums, but Metalrob we all hear music different, obviously you hear something in his playing that I am not.

Last edited by manny on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Guys...I just spent the last part of an hour reading this thread....and you all need to chill.

DETUNED, MANNY, and TZ....there is NO need for statements like "what you said was stupid..." and the like. We are entitled to our opinions here and ought to all be mature enough to realize we are not ALL right.

I understand what EYE was stating with his BONHAM overrated statement, I feel the same way about CLAPTON and others. Different strokes for different folks....does that make his view wrong? NO. Does it give you the right to tell him it is? No.

This thread started fine but de-evolved into 3 guys ganging up on one guy who was doing his best to state something. That is how I read it,...if Im wrong, please clarify it for me.

I'd like to think we don't need to dig out the playpens.....again.

This need not happen again!!!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Shiney, I can't speak for TZ or detuned but I certainly do not feel that we were ganging up on MetalRob or Eyesore, as matter fact Metalrob and I do this round robin disagreement on alot of forums, neither one of us are angry with each other.

Both Metalrob and Eyesore are big boys and they can take it as well as they dish it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Shiney wrote:

DETUNED, MANNY, and TZ....there is NO need for statements like "what you said was stupid..." and the like. We are entitled to our opinions here and ought to all be mature enough to realize we are not ALL right.

I think you might want to take a read through eyesore's posts and check out the condescending way he was talking to Troublezone. HE was being out of line and I tried to call him on it. At least that's the way I perceived it.

But hey, it seems he can do no wrong around here, so I'm sure it's all in my imagination.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Shiney wrote:

I'd like to think we don't need to dig out the playpens.....again.

make sure they're electrified, that will keep this motley crew in check. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:26 pm

First...explain to me a condescending way..in typed text?

second. This is not alot of other forums.

third...."But hey, it seems he can do no wrong around here, so I'm sure it's all in my imagination."

uncalled for....and childish. sniff sniff.

I'm trying to do my job as a mod....and remedy situations...as I see them. I don't read 90% of the threads in the metal room, but read this one. And I found you all to be out of line. BUT the initial remarks of Eye's weren't attacking, things took a turn after you guys started calling him out for saying Bnoham was overrated and calling his opinions stupid.

I am not going to stand here and explain myself. Im just saying: Keep it friendly, keep it mature. No poo flinging. Got it?

I don't give a baggie of sh*t what you guys do on other boards,

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:30 pm

kmorg wrote:
Quote :
The original lineup of LIMP BIZKIT — Fred Durst, Wes Borland, Sam Rivers, John Otto, and DJ Lethal — is back from an eight-year hiatus. Durst and Borland
said in a joint statement, "We decided we were more disgusted and bored
with the state of heavy popular music than we were with each other.
Regardless of where our separate paths have taken us, we recognize
there is a powerful and unique energy with this particular group of
people we have not found anywhere else. This is why LIMP BIZKIT is back."

The
guys will kick off a world tour in the spring on the overseas festival
circuit, with headline shows sprinkled in throughout Europe. Select
dates include (in late May) Russia, Ukraine, and the Baltic countries
where LIMP BIZKIT has never played before despite huge demand, along with major festivals like Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park in Germany. A new album, which would be the original group's first full-length effort since 2000, is also planned.

LIMP BIZKIT's first three albums have sold over 20 million copies in the U.S. alone, and another 13 million in the rest of the world.

I know we don't exaclty love this band here. And while this is not meant to be a bash-Limp-Beezwax thread, I found the highlighted part of the quote above funny. LIMP BIZKIT IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STATE OF HEAVY POPULAR MUSIC? fainting WTF! Are they serious? What donæt they like? The rap in theuir metal? The monotonous screamo singers? The lack of solos? scratch

Mad

They ought to tour with Keel, the multi platinum reunion tour no one gives a smurf poo about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:41 pm

I've listened to Limp Bizkit, and based strictly on their musical output, I hate them and wish the band members had never met and subsequently concocted said musical output...I don't care what level of intelligence one happens to be occupying, this "band" is horrid and the guy who signed them should have been fired immediately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Shiney wrote:
First...explain to me a condescending way..in typed text?

Quote :
God. You are so unrepentant with your foolish ignorance. I feel like I'm talking to a child when conversing with you.

Quote :
You can't quote a book you don't understand

Quote :
I use words quite well, thank you. You just don't understand them.

Quote :
Therefore your opinions are that of fools.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:51 pm

nice quotes...but they all came about after you guys started telling him his opinions were wrong and what not.

I am npot arguing or debating...Just telling you all to chill.

Thank you!

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Actually, while Im only familiar with their popular albums, 3 Dollar and Chocolate, and didnt like either, and thought they sucked based on those, and I cant really stand them. Im curious as to this "briallant" playing by Boreland
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's funny....   That's funny.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That's funny....
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next