Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav Journey album

Go down 
+26
MEGATRON
brokentulsa
James B.
QuothTheRaven
Red Kitty
chewie
MetalGuy71
jstate
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
ultmetal
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
stepcousin
Wargod
manny
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
akeldama
tohostudios
Schbopo
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Fav Journey album - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned "Dream, After Dream" yet in this thread. Such a great studio album.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Will be adding review for Arrival and Live in Houston in my next update. "Arrival" is a bit too heavily loaded with ballads IMO. It's a long album and a bit labor-some to listen to in one sitting. They should have cut it down to the best 10 - 12 songs, including only the best 2 ballads, and it would have been a much more solid listen.

I cut Arrival down to just the tunes that I really like..... It is much too long otherwise.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Just picked up Infinity, Evolution and Captured at WalMart for $5 each. Smile
Sounds like we're all in the same "rediscovery" mode with their older stuff. I remember playing the grooves off of Escape and Frontiers when they came out. I'll probably pick those up at some time too, for nostalgia's sake. Gotta get Departure too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 7:23 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Just picked up Infinity, Evolution and Captured at WalMart for $5 each. Smile
Sounds like we're all in the same "rediscovery" mode with their older stuff. I remember playing the grooves off of Escape and Frontiers when they came out. I'll probably pick those up at some time too, for nostalgia's sake. Gotta get Departure too.

Funny that is how I have rediscovering Journey the last couple of years is because of those Walmart $5 bins
Back to top Go down
penguindevil
Metal novice
Metal novice
penguindevil

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:42 pm

They are just one of those bands that, though I wouldn't say that I like them, much of their music appeals to the memory of listening to the radio in the days of wayback.

I am not very AOR about them. But I suppose my favorite album would be Infinity.
Back to top Go down
http://ashleywallingford.com
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:12 pm

I have been spinning the copy of Captured that I picked up at WalMart the other day (for $5) and had forgotten how enjoyable of a live album that one is. I listened to it obsessively on vinyl in high school when I had it. It was recorded during their "Departure" tour and is a great snapshot of a band completely on their game. They show their musical chops with enough changes to the tunes to have a different perspective, but not so much that Joe Public wouldn't still recognize them. I came across this tidbit on Wikipedia:

Note: this was not the full concert set list that was played during the tour. The missing songs include "Of A Lifetime", "Kohoutek", "Lovin' You is Easy", "People & Places", "Patiently", "Opened the Door", "Precious Time", "I'm Cryin'", "Homemade Love", "Moon Theme (intro to Wheel in the Sky)" and "Winds of March". The show started with the title track from Departure - "Departure" and mixed into "Majestic". Only the second half of "Majestic" is present on Captured. Both "Departure" and "Majestic" were recorded versions played as the introduction of the band arriving on stage.

I for one, wish that someone would drag out the recordings of the rest of the concert, clean 'em up, and release a "complete concert" CD much like Cheap Trick recently did with the Budokan concert. I'd buy it! This has become my favorite Journey album over the last couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 am

Jamming my “Best Of Journey” playlist and I have to say I still only really like S/T, Look Into The Future And Next. Dream, After Dream is pretty good too and I like the Gregg Rolie sung songs while he and Perry were both in the band.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 10:26 am

I'm a big Journey fan so it would be hard for me to pick a favorite album, at least up through Steve Perry being in the band. I don't own anything since Perry left but I've heard some of the newer stuff and it doesn't sound too bad
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 10:54 am

Growing up with so many siblings who were a lot older than I I heard a lot of Journey as a kid but only the Perry stuff and never knew of the previous incarnation until I was a teenager. That being said I never could get into Perry Journey. When I was really young I thought he sang Under Arms instead of Open Arms and that always grossed me out. Razz

I was familiar with Rolie cuz of Santana and always dig his haunting voice so one day I was in a hardware/odds ‘n’ soda store and saw the 1st Journey on CD for 3 bucks brand new so I took a chance and immediately dug it. Now I’m looking for the ‘In The Beginning’ comp on vinyl just for the awesome cover since I have all the songs contained therein.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 6:24 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
As great as "Frontiers" is, I would have to go with "Escape". My favorite Journey song "Stone In Love" is on that album, and the cover art is Journey's best IMO.

1. Escape
2. Frontiers
3. Raised On Radio
4. Infinity
5. Departure
6. Trial By Fire
7. Evolution
8. Arrival
9. Revelation
10. Generations

The three albums pre Steve Perry, I just have trouble getting into. I'm not much of the progressive fan, so that would probably have much to do with it.

I love looking back at old threads. My thoughts about Journey's most humbling of beginnings has changed quite a bit. I've since picked up a nice remastered double album of "Next" and "Look Into the Future". My list some 11 years later would be this, I think:

1. Escape
2. Frontiers
3. Depature
4. Infinity
5. Next
6. Raised On Radio
7. Evolution
8. Look Into the Future
9. Trial By Fire
10. Arrival
11. Revelation
12. Generations
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 7:21 pm

akeldama wrote:
Jamming my “Best Of Journey” playlist and I have to say I still only really like S/T, Look Into The Future And Next. Dream, After Dream is pretty good too and I like the Gregg Rolie sung songs while he and Perry were both in the band.

Oh man, thanks a lot akeldama!

I have been assiduously avoiding this thread because I decided to stop posting my disdain in threads about bands I hate (at least for the most part - sometimes I just can't help myself Razz )

So today I decided to click on this one just to see how the hell a "new thread" about an ancient band suddenly had multiple pages of replies only to find out you resurrected a thread from over a decade ago! About a band I hate! And in which I already posted said hatred. And which everyone here already knows about anyway.

You just did this to spite me didn't you? Why? Damn you...

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 pm

Sorry, Toho, just got on a huge Journey w/o Perry kick. I honestly hate saying when I listen to Journey cuz 11 times out of 10 ppl are gonna think it’s the worthless tripe with Steve Perry or maybe just maybe the latter stuff. I only like Rolie Journey like I said and the songs he sings on the Rolie/Perry albums.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 2:42 am

I've only heard one album if theirs, so I guess that would be my favorite. Escape, is the only one I have, and it makes a nice coaster. sick
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 11:58 am

I love Journey, Steve Perry era or not. I don't give a shit how cheesy and dated they get after their first three records, their poppy stuff is still really cool. I'm always happy to hear "Who's Crying Now" or "Separate Ways" on the radio.

I was just listening to Next yesterday, and that album really does stomp all over anything they did after it, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav Journey album
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5