Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav Journey album

Go down 
+26
MEGATRON
brokentulsa
James B.
QuothTheRaven
Red Kitty
chewie
MetalGuy71
jstate
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
ultmetal
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
stepcousin
Wargod
manny
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
akeldama
tohostudios
Schbopo
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Between Frontiers and Escape, i like Frontiers the best. What about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:51 pm

Hard to choose, I hate them all so much.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:58 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Though it pains me to agree with Shbozo, I feel the same way.

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Schbopo wrote:

...and I'm positive you have heard them all multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:08 pm

spectrefate wrote:
...and I'm positive you have heard them all multiple times.

I've hated every Journey album I've heard. Perhaps I missed the good one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:12 pm

The only one that was close to good IMO was Infinity.

I sincerely hate this band with a fiery passion. This band is to rock what chick flix are to movies.

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:13 pm

Snatchbooboo, That's fine that you dislike them, but you said you hate them all so much. Now based on your track record with the truth on this board, ("I'm 18", "I find CDs in holes in the ground"), I would bet everything I own that you haven't heard every Journey album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:17 pm

I even disliked the pre-Perry stuff like Look Into The Future. Something about the songwriting of this band just doesn't do it for me. Throw in Steve Perry's earsplitting, soprano and just...blecch.

They sure do seem to have quite a following among metalheads though

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:18 pm

spectrefate wrote:
"I find CDs in holes in the ground")

That one was true! angry
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:31 pm

I like S/T,Look Into The Future, andNext. The rest are meh for the most part.
Back to top Go down

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:32 pm

Frontiers was the first I heard and still my favorite, although Escape is mighty awesome.
Back to top Go down

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:05 pm

If I have to, Escape and then Frontiers but mostly I listen to them 'cause my wife likes them.
Back to top Go down

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Nazgul wrote:
If I have to, Escape and then Frontiers but mostly I listen to them 'cause my wife likes them.

Wuss.

Razz
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Infinity - Escape - Frontiers - Raised on Radio - Trial By Fire Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Nazgul wrote:

I rest my case regarding the "chick flick" comparison.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:08 pm

As great as "Frontiers" is, I would have to go with "Escape". My favorite Journey song "Stone In Love" is on that album, and the cover art is Journey's best IMO.

1. Escape
2. Frontiers
3. Raised On Radio
4. Infinity
5. Departure
6. Trial By Fire
7. Evolution
8. Arrival
9. Revelation
10. Generations

The three albums pre Steve Perry, I just have trouble getting into. I'm not much of the progressive fan, so that would probably have much to do with it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:41 am

[quote="metalinmyveins"]As great as "Frontiers" is, I would have to go with "Escape". My favorite Journey song "Stone In Love" is on that album, and the cover art is Journey's best IMO.

That would be my all time favorite Journey song alsom which makes me go with escape over frontiers
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:05 am

[quote="thejokeriv"]
metalinmyveins wrote:
As great as "Frontiers" is, I would have to go with "Escape". My favorite Journey song "Stone In Love" is on that album, and the cover art is Journey's best IMO.

That would be my all time favorite Journey song alsom which makes me go with escape over frontiers

I would put the "Stone In Love" solo up against any and all solos...whatever genre of music. From the 2:47 mark on, it's all about Neil Schon.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:26 pm

Favorite Journey album is "Escape" and like Joker and Metalveins, 'Stone in Love' favorite Journey song.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:47 pm

Love the first two only after that to fluffy!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:19 pm

why is it that every time someone posts a "favorite album" thread, we get all these "I hate this band with all my being" replies. If you dont have a favorite album or dont like the band, dont post and move on to another thread. these threads are for fans of the band. there are dozens of threads I dont post in because I either dont care for the band or dont know much about them(usually the two arent separate from each other Ive learned).

I like the pre-Perry albums but they tend to prog-wank a bit, like they werent really sure where they were going with alot of their songs. I dig the late 70's stuff the most, probably because I was there when they came out so maybe some sentimentality there. Escape and Frontiers are great albums but then they fell way off when Steve fired Smith and Valory from the band. I dont care much for anything since, although I dont hate any of it either.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Quote :
why is it that every time someone posts a "favorite album" thread, we get all these "I hate this band with all my being" replies

Because sometimes it makes for interesting discussion about the pros and cons of a band instead of just being a band circlejerk.

For instance, I'll admit that Neil Schon is a great guitarist. I just think his choice of bandmates sucks. Journey, Bad English, HSAS? Blech! And I LIKE Sammy Hagar but the music from those bands is way too lightweight for Schon's talent IMO.

I usually leave the "favorite album" threads alone too unless it's regarding a band I have a strong passion about one way or the other. I chime in on those threads because I'm trying to see what others see in the band that I don't or, if it's a band I love, I'm trying to explain what it is that I love about the band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Trial By Fire is by far my favorite album.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Escape. Frontiers is pretty awesome too, it has my favorite song of theirs on it actually, but Escape is more solid of an album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:57 pm

The original band (pre-Perry) was really a different band, whom I happended to like very much. The first (s/t) is kind of boring and OTTproggy, which I don't care for much. Look Into The Future and Next are by far my faves, I always say that they are similar to the first two Yesterday and Today (pre Y&T) albums from the same era. I call that band MK I Journey.
As for "real" Journey, I never got into them much even though I do like melodic radio rock of that era. I think I prefer Kansas and Styx to Journey and REO just because Journey and REO were very anthemic, (not my thing), while Styx and Kansas could be a little more proggy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fav Journey album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav Journey album   Fav Journey album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav Journey album
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next