Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey Thread (for Toho)

Go down 
+9
manny
the sentinel
tohostudios
akeldama
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Journey Thread (for Toho) Empty
PostSubject: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:00 pm

I thought there would already be one of these, but there wasn't. Anyways, great news coming out of the Journey camp. Steve Smith is back with the band. This is awesome news! I'm not sure this will give us a full on reunion with Steve Perry, but I'm happy to see Steve back behind the kit. The only one reporting this news is Blabbermouth at this time. This hasn't even been mentioned on the band's website:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/journey-welcomes-back-drummer-steve-smith-announces-tour-with-the-doobie-brothers/
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:33 pm

The one! The only! Steve "Machine Gun" Smith!!!!!

I'd love to see a full reunion with Steve Perry though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:27 pm

They don't need Steve Perry. They've got his younger, cheaper, non-union Filipino equivalent. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
They don't need Steve Perry. They've got his younger, cheaper, non-union Filipino equivalent. Very Happy

He probably does a better job these days. Didn't Steve have some vocals issues a few years back?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 2:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

He probably does a better job these days. Didn't Steve have some vocals issues a few years back?

That would be the other Steve, Steve Augeri, Perry's replacement...
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 5:30 pm

This has been in the works for a while. Steve committed to play with the band but had others shows to wrap up first. I doubt Perry will return but we can always hope!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 6:16 pm

I'd rather see a pre-Steve Perry reunion...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Laughing very hard @ the title

I'm honored! lol!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Figures I'd get a double post in a Journey thread. Nothing about that band works for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:08 pm

You're really a huge fan. Just admit it. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:23 pm

They have exactly one song I like, "Wheel In The Sky". And I think that's only for nostalgic reasons.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:36 pm

I admit I love Journey. But I also love Styx & REO so go figure.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 8:00 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I admit I love Journey. But I also love Styx & REO so go figure.

I love Styx and REO too. Just not Journey.

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 8:42 pm

I don't like Journey, Styx or REO Speedwagon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
I don't like Journey, Styx or REO Speedwagon.  Very Happy

The only time I have seen any of those bands live was actually a triple bill 10 years ago at the Worcester Centrum. It wasn't bad. In related news, Journey is touring with the Doobies next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:48 pm

Styx has a couple songs I can stomach (Renegade, Blue Collar Man, etc) as do Journey and REO. However, I've heard those songs enough times in my life that memory serves me just fine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:53 pm

I am a big Journey fan, great songs and also that was first concert I ever attended was Journey when I was 12
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 10:54 pm

akeldama wrote:
I'd rather see a pre-Steve Perry reunion...

THIS!!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 6:30 am

More news regarding Steve Smith coming back to the band:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steve-smith-explains-decision-to-return-to-journey/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 2:18 am

I like the Steve Perry era of Journey. Great songs!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 11:59 am

I have a couple of Journey albums..I  like infinity all the way through and generally 2 or 3 tracks from each of their other albums..My favorite Journey tracks are Anyway You want it..Separate Ways and lights...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:14 pm

Up to a few years ago, they were strictly a "Greatest Hits band" for me. That changed with the addition of their first 2 albums, which are sooooo stylistically far from what they became, it's like a different band.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Up to a few years ago, they were strictly a "Greatest Hits band" for me. That changed with the addition of their first 2 albums, which are sooooo stylistically far from what they became, it's like a different band.

Have you gotten the third one? It's just heavier with less prog/fusion in the mix. Check out this tune is from the Time 3 boxset. I can't remember if it was supposed to be on the second or third album. A kickass tune!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 3:04 pm

chewie wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Have you gotten the third one? It's just heavier with less prog/fusion in the mix. Check out this tune is from the Time 3 boxset. I can't remember if it was supposed to be on the second or third album. A kickass tune!

I had Next on my want-list for awhile but never followed up on actually getting it and eventually deleted it of there. I guess I figured I had enough Journey. If I came across it in a used shop or something I'd probably grab it though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Love the first three albums and I like their greatest hits with Perry fronting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey Thread (for Toho)   Journey Thread (for Toho) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey Thread (for Toho)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next