Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us

Go down 
+12
brokentulsa
Wrecked Neck
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Glower
MetalGuy71
manny
Gilbert
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 2:06 am

Quote :
Yep!  That's where I come down.  I really don't care what your faith is unless you try to tell me you're right and I'm wrong.  Ever notice that doesn't seem to happen from people practicing Hinduism or Buddhism or any other "non-Christian" religion?

Actually Scripture tells us Christians to live humble lives and not get into peoples faces with our beliefs but to always be ready if someone were to ask about it... Thats how we spread the Gospel..
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 2:11 am

Revelation... Along with other prophesy's in other books I believe to be real and accurate... Some has already happened and some is still to come. There is alot of different views on scripture meanings but I say its best to be led by the holy spirit and concentrate on resting in Christ.. Everything else will unfold when its time and as a christian I focus on Christ who told us not to sweat it...he has it under control and we just have faith in him... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 5:47 am

One fact i cannot understand is how Europe, for instance, is even renouncing its Christian history while accepting and allowing radical islam, which now is on the rise in a scary way.

Churches are being turned into night clubs, restaurants and museums while mosques are being allowed. Europe is losing its identity and that makes me feel sad.

I am not practicing any discrimination here, but some facts need to be stated as they are occuring.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 12:42 pm

Do you think the younger generation in general is turning away from organized religion as a whole? Not to dump on millennials for yet another thing they’ve ruined, but since they have a habit of doing the exact opposite of what older generations did before them, could organized religion be next?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Gilbert wrote:
One fact i cannot understand is how Europe, for instance, is even renouncing its Christian history while accepting and allowing radical islam, which now is on the rise in a scary way.

Churches are being turned into night clubs, restaurants and museums while mosques are being allowed. Europe is losing its identity and that makes me feel sad.

I am not practicing any discrimination here, but some facts need to be stated as they are occuring.

And the ironic thing is that Islam (especially radical Islam) is not compatible with western society. The drugs, bars/night clubs and loose woman that Liberal Europeans enjoy won’t be allowed under sharia law.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 1:38 pm

It doesn’t make sense... Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all considered “Abrahamic” religions, but Europeans only reject the Jews and Christians. My guess is because they are afraid of terrorist retaliation and the outcry of discrimination that Islamic leaders always use to their advantage. Jews sometimes make a fuss, but Christians seem to keep quiet when they are persecuted. Buddhism is also a popular religion in the UK for some reason. Maybe because the Beatles promoted it during their “mind expanding” Sgt Pepper days.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 1:49 pm

The majority of the world’s Christian population is now mostly in the United States and South America. Despite the declining numbers in Europe, Christianity is still the biggest religion.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 1:05 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

And the ironic thing is that Islam (especially radical Islam) is not compatible with western society. The drugs, bars/night clubs and loose woman that Liberal Europeans enjoy won’t be allowed under sharia law.

Don't worry TZ. Your religion will always have the biggest bombs, the strongest drones, and the most hateful white men. You really have nothing to worry about when your enemies decry things you don't like and threaten your very existence with "words". Your people can just go blow them up! and all the innocent children near by. Sharia Law is not a threat to you, TroubleZone. Not now. Not ever. But, bringing it up to scare stupid people? Well, that right there, is the bigger threat. We are a nation of many colors. Only after decimating the Red color, btw.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 3:51 pm

Quote :
The majority of the world’s Christian population is now mostly in the United States and South America. Despite the declining numbers in Europe, Christianity is still the biggest religion.

The catch is Christianity is very splintered into hundreds of different theology's and churches/denominations..many of which are at war among themselves as well as with all the other religions/Athiest.... Thats a huge reason I believe in the separation of Church/State and feel like religion should be private and kept in ones own home... Especially since some religious folks have decided to be political in the name of God {in this case start paying taxes Laughing  )
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 4:36 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Don't worry TZ.  Your religion will always have the biggest bombs, the strongest drones, and the most hateful white men.  You really have nothing to worry about when your enemies decry things you don't like and threaten your very existence with "words".  Your people can just go blow them up!  and all the innocent children near by.  Sharia Law is not a threat to you, TroubleZone.  Not now.  Not ever.  But, bringing it up to scare stupid people?  Well, that right there, is the bigger threat.  We are a nation of many colors.  Only after decimating the Red color, btw.

What happened to “no judgement”? I should of known... these religion threads are always a can of worms. If you have an opinion someone is watching and waiting to pounce on you. Thanks Sax. And for the record... everything I said is probably thought the same from another culture, religion etc... Actually, I know for sure! Most Islamic nations (especially Iran) call us “the great satan”. And they would happily nuke/destroy us and Israel. But let’s pretend that Trump is the only loose cannon like the biased media tells us everyday. Forget about the tyrants in North Korea, China and Iran.

I should just try to refrain from these baited threads. I get it Sax... we are completely different. You are hardcore liberal and I’m conservative. We will never agree on most things outside of music discussion. And even in that we disagree!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 5:03 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

The catch is Christianity is very splintered into hundreds of different theology's and churches/denominations..many of which are at war among themselves as well as with all the other religions/Athiest.... Thats a huge reason I believe in the separation of Church/State and feel like religion should be private and kept in ones own home... Especially since some religious folks have decided to be political in the name of God {in this case start paying taxes Laughing  )

You are correct. There’s too many differences. But I was mainly referring to the general global consensus. They still put things under the same umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 5:21 pm

(sigh) see, I knew this thread was gonna turn into a shit show sooner or later.

Anyway, at the risk of stirring the pot even further...

This thread prompted me to revisit Bill Maher's "Religulous" this morning for about he 3rd or 4th time. Skip to about a minute thirty in this clip and Bill sums it all up pretty well. IMO of course.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 5:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
(sigh) see, I knew this thread was gonna turn into a shit show sooner or later.

Anyway, at the risk of stirring the pot even further...

This thread prompted me to revisit Bill Maher's "Religulous" this morning for about he 3rd or 4th time. Skip to about a minute thirty in this clip and Bill sums it all up pretty well. IMO of course.

Somehow I think mankind would still find a way to self destruct even without religion.

Stalin, Mao, Kim Jong Un whatever etc...

All it takes is for technology to fall in the hands of the wrong person. Do you think Nikola Tesla or Einstein knew how their contributions to science would be used? Like the philosopher James Hetfield said: we’re Hardwired... to Self-Destruct. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Man, there's even Sharia Police patrolling streets in Europe. Can you imagine that they patroll the streets of Birmingham, the place where metal was born!!!

I've been to Europe, and have seen it.

The irony is that the radical muslim is getting visas to go to Europe, Canada and even the USA, then obtaining citizenship, while middle eastern Christians, who have no problem adapting and integrating western societies, are being refused access to these countries. Hell, they are even being persecuted and the occidental world doesn't even give a damn!

Go figure...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 11:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Man, there's even Sharia Police patrolling streets in Europe. Can you imagine that they patroll the streets of Birmingham, the place where metal was born!!!

The irony is that the radical muslim is getting visas to go to Europe, Canada and even the USA, then obtaining citizenship, while middle eastern Christians, who have no problem adapting and integrating western societies, are being refused access to these countries. Hell, they are even being persecuted and the occidental world doesn't even give a damn!

Go figure...

I hear you... but I don’t know if I should comment further because it might upset someone.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 1:33 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Go figure...

I hear you... but I don’t know if I should comment further because it might upset someone.

We can stop here.

But just to make one thing clear, there is no intention to commit any discrimination here. Just stating reality as i've seen it and still do.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Go figure...

We can stop here.

But just to make one thing clear, there is no intention to commit any discrimination here. Just stating reality as i've seen it and still do.

Yeah man, you are an actual eyewitness. But I’m just an American from across the ocean with an opinion. But if you still want to talk about this go ahead. You have a right to speak your mind and not be censored. I know you speak the truth.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 9:00 am

There was pretty much no religion in my upbringing, save for what is more cultural/festive tradition, like baptisms and confirmations (which is basically a coming-of-age party with a religious chore that almost no one takes seriously). I've visited quite a few churches and other religious sites throughout my life and enjoy that part of it, i.e. the history, culture and architecture.

There is no sharia police patrolling Europe. There are no such things as no-go zones. This is not up for discussion. Whatever trash some select few of you have given credence to, I advise you to keep it to yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 12:15 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Go figure...

Sorry, sorry, sorry. You guys know I am passionate.

I have many Muslim friends and they all agree on one thing - Sharia law is a radical fundamental that gets way too much attention and distracts from the vast majority of good Islam teachings. None in Minneapolis follow that theology and would condemn another Muslim that did. They also believe just saying the words, "Sharia law", stirs up Christian bees nests, but they are helpless to do anything about it. Throughout the world's history, there has been one dominate belief that would conquer all others. That really has nothing to do with the tenets of each major religion through time - they have all been grounded in love and the worship of a higher power. Then the seven deadly sins are introduced and love is exchanged for ignorance and weapons. Hope that explains my thoughts a little clearer.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 2:52 pm

I have visited some streets in the UK, France, Belgium and Germany. Streets you would never even believe are located in Europe!

Unfortunately many locals prefer to live in denial...

Just saying...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 6:27 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Go figure...

Sorry, sorry, sorry.  You guys know I am passionate.  

I have many Muslim friends and they all agree on one thing - Sharia law is a radical fundamental that gets way too much attention and distracts from the vast majority of good Islam teachings.  None in Minneapolis follow that theology and would condemn another Muslim that did.  They also believe just saying the words, "Sharia law", stirs up Christian bees nests, but they are helpless to do anything about it.  Throughout the world's history, there has been one dominate belief that would conquer all others.  That really has nothing to do with the tenets of each major religion through time - they have all been grounded in love and the worship of a higher power.  Then the seven deadly sins are introduced and love is exchanged for ignorance and weapons.  Hope that explains my thoughts a little clearer.

Thanks for the reply. Please understand that I don't hate anyone for no reason. I had Muslim co-workers at my last job that I got along with just fine. I just can't ignore certain things. To be fair, any radicalized religious movement is dangerous! I try to judge everyone by the content of their character. The golden rule is a must! But at the same time I need to be aware and cautious.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I have visited some streets in the UK, France, Belgium and Germany. Streets you would never even believe are located in Europe!

Unfortunately many locals prefer to live in denial...

Just saying...

Although I haven't been there, some say that Dearborn Michigan is like you described... a so-called "sharia zone".

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
There was pretty much no religion in my upbringing, save for what is more cultural/festive tradition, like baptisms and confirmations (which is basically a coming-of-age party with a religious chore that almost no one takes seriously). I've visited quite a few churches and other religious sites throughout my life and enjoy that part of it, i.e. the history, culture and architecture.

There is no sharia police patrolling Europe. There are no such things as no-go zones. This is not up for discussion. Whatever trash some select few of you have given credence to,  I advise you to keep it to yourselves.

Just for arguments sake...

It's hard for me to believe that out of that massive influx of refugees a few years ago into Europe and Scandinavia, that they all will perfectly assimilate into your society without bringing with them their hardwired religious and cultural beliefs. Over time it could lead to a protected enclave of localized Muslim rule. The Utopian minded Swedes have a hard time accepting that possibility.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Grew up Mormon, walked away from that around 17 or 18. Went to a Baptist church for around 2 years (maybe 3) and walked away from that as well.

I believe there is a God. I don't believe He/She/It is involved directly in our every day lives. I detest organized religion, as most of it is lip service. Humans have done some pretty fucked up shit to each other under the banner of "their God". This guy's God is right, that guy's God is wrong, so let's slaughter one another to prove which God is the REAL God? Give me a fucking break.

I'm much like Toho; horrid humans can skate through life with every luxury. On the flip side, I've met some wonderful people cut down by disease or misfortune with no rhyme or reason. I don't believe that this "loving" God would allow such horror to happen to innocents. Some people are just good people, and some people are just horrible.

Live life as you wish, do what makes you happy, and leave me to do the same. None of my business what you're doing, and what I'm doing is none of yours. Simple.

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next