Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us

Go down 
+12
brokentulsa
Wrecked Neck
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Glower
MetalGuy71
manny
Gilbert
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 7:01 pm

I don’t have the time or patience to continue this discourse. You can believe what you want. Maybe I’ll jump back in later.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 8:43 pm

TZ, I agree with you on most points but your wasting your time arguing with liberals.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 9:22 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
TZ, I agree with you on most points but your wasting your time arguing with liberals.

I know. That’s why I’m taking a break. I don’t have the patience for endless rambling. He doesn’t consider anything I say, he just plans his next rebuttal.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 11:37 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Okay, whenever someone says they aren't trying to take away our rights hasn't been paying attention, and isn't worth arguing with. Some politicians have come out and admitted it. Hell that democratic moron running for president said it just a couple months ago. Of course his senile old ass said he was going to take our AR-14's whatever the hell those are.

Whatever else you wrote, I didn't read, because your opening sentence was enough for me to see I'm wasting my time.

Wow.

In any case, with the way your country is set up politically and with the influence that money plays in legislation, I think you can rest assured that your guns are as safe and unregulated as can be. Screw the fact that people on your own terrorist watch list have had no trouble getting their hands on guns and subsequently carried out heinous acts.

As you stated, you don't want to listen to anything I have to say and that's fine. Be happy with your guns and keep backing politicians that do absolutely nothing to make your life better. Stagnant wages since the 80s, crippling drug prices and a broken healthcare system that bankrupts its patients for the crime of being sick must be a-okay with you. As long as you have your guns and bible.  
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!

First off, you don't know shit about me, or who I back or what I think about ANY of the shit you say. Why? Because I don't talk about politics much on this board. Why? Because this is a metal forum and I don't care to. Only reason I chimed in on your ignorant post in the first place is because it was just too funny to pass up.

I could debate with you about everything you've written to me, but I chose not to. Why? See above. So congrats, you win the internet today! Yay you!!!! cool
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 3:00 am

You call me ignorant, yet you're the one who immediately chose not to consider (or even read) any of my points, spout off your own opinion lacking in nuance and leave. That, to me, is ignorance. In turn, I chose to be presumptuous based on the comments you did make.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 4:07 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

You call me ignorant, yet you're the one who immediately chose not to consider (or even read) any of my points, spout off your own opinion lacking in nuance and leave. That, to me, is ignorance. In turn, I chose to be presumptuous based on the comments you did make.

Exactly when did I call you ignorant again? Care to quote me on that? I won't read your posts for the reason I already stated. If you don't remember what I said about that, I believe it's on page 3. Not once did I call you ignorant, but nice try.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 4:11 am

Oh I see it now. See, reading comprehension is a must. I said your post was ignorant. It is, but I still didn't call you ignorant.

Mass shootings don't happen here every single day, and that's ignorant to believe so. There, now you can say I called you ignorant.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 8:11 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Okay, whenever someone says they aren't trying to take away our rights hasn't been paying attention, and isn't worth arguing with. Some politicians have come out and admitted it. Hell that democratic moron running for president said it just a couple months ago. Of course his senile old ass said he was going to take our AR-14's whatever the hell those are.

Whatever else you wrote, I didn't read, because your opening sentence was enough for me to see I'm wasting my time.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Only reason I chimed in on your ignorant post in the first place is because it was just too funny to pass up.

There you go - you can hardly call my original post ignorant, when you only chose to read the opening line - literally ignoring the rest. You see my point?

I didn't directly respond to you or goad you into this discussion - you chose to reply to my comment, yet in a very cop-out way by dismissing everything I wrote without reading it, spouting off your view point and later saying you don't want to be involved in these kind of discussions. Writing "lmfao" and accompanying it with exclamation marks and sarcastic emoticons won't strengthen your position or weaken mine any further.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 8:13 am

I was just referring to the studies/statistics I had seen, which had a definition of a mass shooting. I linked it. Of course I don't think Las Vegas-type shootings occur every day in America. If it makes you feel better, drop the term "mass shooting" and let's use "gun-related violence". That category is off the charts in America compared to anywhere else, and saying that has nothing to do with your gun legislation is just irrational. I get that you like your guns - but no one needs a military-grade assault rifle for protection (I would argue you don't need guns at all). There is absolutely no good reason to have them be so readily available - I'm not saying that most people aren't responsible, but the numbers don't lie. I understand that you like your guns, but you should look at the bigger picture - surely you wouldn't have anything against legislation that would tighten requirements and strengthen the vetting processes with regards to who gets to own a weapon?

The less guns there are in a country's civilian population, the less gun violence. It's that simple. There may be varying degrees of it, and there may well be a perfectly functioning, safe society with a relatively high percentage of gun ownership, but it would be no where near in the league the United States is in - most of those guns would probably be for hunting.

I understand you're a staunch supporter of the second amendment - however, if you take the time to actually read it, you'll see it doesn't actually refer to any one civilian owning weapons at all - it refers to the right to form well-organized militias in case one needs to stand up to a tyrannical government - this was all written in the late 18th century, by the way, which is context I shouldn't have to explain. There are ways of modifying one's constitution so it makes contemporary sense - it's called an amendment.

In any case, it's fine to leave it at this.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 12:53 pm

The constitution is still valid. Tyrannical governments still exist and always will. “The more things change, the more they stay the same”... and if the responsible gun owners are disarmed, then only the bad guys will be in the streets with their black market guns. In addition, a disarmed society makes it easier for a government to bully the citizens and God forbid create a police state. Armed citizens keep things in check.

The only way to surrender all guns from society is to also ask the world’s militaries to also destroy their weapons. Why do they need them? Other than to invade, kill and control. Why does the military need these super hi tech weapons? A tyrannical leader could order a slaughter of disobedient citizens without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 1:24 pm

Gun related violence is acceptable and wouldn't have gotten the response you received. However, the 2nd amendment is just fine the way it is, and no it absolutely does not need to be changed.

Your arguments for gun restrictions are not going to fly, and no I don't think we need more. We need to enforce the laws already in place and quit treating criminals better than the victims. The problems run deeper than that and aren't that simple either. Gun violence in this country isn't going to be solved by restricting law abiding citizens the rights to buy them. Fix the inner city slums, strengthen our education system (which has really gone to shit), and believe it or not, legalize drugs. Lots more than that needs to be done, but those are the main things we need to start with.

You saying the less guns there are, the less violence is plain wrong. Black market illegal guns sales will still be there, and people like me will have no way to protect myself. Unless I decide to buy an illegal firearm on the black market to do so, thus turning me into the very thing we are trying to stop.

Don't ever try and teach me about the 2nd amendment or lecture me about taking the time to read it. I've read it, I understand it, and I'll die defending it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 1:49 pm

We don’t have a gun problem. We have a “people problem”. Fix society and then maybe the violence will subside.

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Now as you said earlier...

We’re fine to leave it at this.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Quote :
There's a mass shooting every day in America, on average.

It's not hard to deduce that most of these go completely unnoticed and unreported nationally.

However, if a Muslim (or any middle-eastern/Arabic looking individual) opens fire some place, it'll be all everyone ever talks about and it will be on the news 24/7

Being Muslim is just as "American" as being Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Sikh or otherwise - that's the whole point of the United States, that's the whole spirit. The people who don't understand that and see their own culture as somehow more "true" are the actual un-American ones. If you're a citizen of the United States, you are every bit as American as anyone else, whether you use a prayer mat, attend a church, or eat baklava as opposed to apple pie.

Right-wing terrorism so far outweighs radical Islamic terrorism in your country, it's pointless to even compare. The extreme right wing (not just terrorism) is a much greater threat to stability in your country than radical Islam will every be.

I could cherry-pick a hell of a lot of things about some sections of American society and equate it to extremism or illegitimate and illogical interpretations for what I see as nothing more than using religion as an excuse for intolerance - like not wanting to service homosexuals on "religious grounds" - right, because what? It says so in Leviticus? It also prohibits eating most shell fish, wearing two different types of cloth at the same, having tattoos, and a whole swath of other sexual prohibitions - these rules are all given equal weight, by the way. It's shit like this that makes me regard such religious practice as completely illegitimate. It seems obvious to me, that people should feel it mighty convenient that one of the few of these laws one can realistically follow in real life, happens to speak to their own intolerance - if you don't like gay people, say so - don't hide behind your religion, which you obviously in no way take seriously as a whole anyway. Not speaking to any of the board member here necessarily, of course.
Quote :
The less guns there are in a country's civilian population, the less gun violence. It's that simple. There may be varying degrees of it, and there may well be a perfectly functioning, safe society with a relatively high percentage of gun ownership, but it would be no where near in the league the United States is in - most of those guns would probably be for hunting.

I understand you're a staunch supporter of the second amendment - however, if you take the time to actually read it, you'll see it doesn't actually refer to any one civilian owning weapons at all - it refers to the right to form well-organized militias in case one needs to stand up to a tyrannical government - this was all written in the late 18th century, by the way, which is context I shouldn't have to explain. There are ways of modifying one's constitution so it makes contemporary sense - it's called an amendment.

This! This Texan agree's with Mglaffas81 110%...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 7:19 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
There's a mass shooting every day in America, on average.

It's not hard to deduce that most of these go completely unnoticed and unreported nationally.

However, if a Muslim (or any middle-eastern/Arabic looking individual) opens fire some place, it'll be all everyone ever talks about and it will be on the news 24/7

Being Muslim is just as "American" as being Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Sikh or otherwise - that's the whole point of the United States, that's the whole spirit. The people who don't understand that and see their own culture as somehow more "true" are the actual un-American ones. If you're a citizen of the United States, you are every bit as American as anyone else, whether you use a prayer mat, attend a church, or eat baklava as opposed to apple pie.

Right-wing terrorism so far outweighs radical Islamic terrorism in your country, it's pointless to even compare. The extreme right wing (not just terrorism) is a much greater threat to stability in your country than radical Islam will every be.

I could cherry-pick a hell of a lot of things about some sections of American society and equate it to extremism or illegitimate and illogical interpretations for what I see as nothing more than using religion as an excuse for intolerance - like not wanting to service homosexuals on "religious grounds" - right, because what? It says so in Leviticus? It also prohibits eating most shell fish, wearing two different types of cloth at the same, having tattoos, and a whole swath of other sexual prohibitions - these rules are all given equal weight, by the way. It's shit like this that makes me regard such religious practice as completely illegitimate. It seems obvious to me, that people should feel it mighty convenient that one of the few of these laws one can realistically follow in real life, happens to speak to their own intolerance - if you don't like gay people, say so - don't hide behind your religion, which you obviously in no way take seriously as a whole anyway. Not speaking to any of the board member here necessarily, of course.
Quote :

This! This Texan agree's with Mglaffas81 110%...

Are you sure about that? You agree that there is a mass shooting everyday in America?

I’m curious... Do you currently live in Austin?  Suspect
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 12:03 am

I am no expert, but i know some local families who had emigrated to the US, before returning back home once they had kids, out of fear of the violence and mass shootings. A friend even told me that she was convinced that returning back home was the best option for her children.

Not sure how accurate this is though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 1:06 am

The way I wish political discourse among the common man would flow:

One Side: "[Opinion]." (notice the lack of an !)
Other Side: "Huh. That's a rough one to digest. I need some time to weigh that. I mean...ew, but, yeah maybe there's reason behind it."
(time passes)
Other Side: "I see to some extent what you're saying--(reinstates the potential positive benefits behind the One Side's ideology)--but here are the issues I have with it..."
One Side: "Huh. That's a rough one to digest. Perhaps there's some validity behind such crazy thinking. But let me get back to you..."

Rinse and repeat. I dunno, it's also something I have to work on as well, but there seems to be a lack of...flexibility?...in these types of exchanges these days. At least online.

I also blame it on partisan politics, which I have grown extremely allergic to, and believe will be the end of civilization as we know it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 1:41 am

Political opinions tend to be polarizing these days. Not much “middle of the road” types anymore.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 4:21 am

Troublezone wrote:
Political opinions tend to be polarizing these days. Not much “middle of the road” types anymore.

Yet what if "middle of the road" meant "balanced?"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 am

I am sorry I did not respond as a non white I was busy committing random acts of violence thankfully the liberal media has shielded me from all responsibility...wheeeeehhhhh
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 7:50 am

There was a mass shooting in Minneapolis a few hours ago. Just read about it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 9:18 am

manny wrote:
I am sorry I did not respond as a non white I was busy committing random acts of violence thankfully the liberal media has shielded me from all responsibility...wheeeeehhhhh

Nope. You’re too busy as an internet martyr. It’s your job to make sure a politically incorrect comment gets put on blast.

But if you did commit some crimes, who would know? The media is too busy hunting cops and watching Trump’s twitter account.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 9:51 am

Gilbert wrote:
There was a mass shooting in Minneapolis a few hours ago. Just read about it.

That sucks! How long ago was the last mass shooting? Some might consider several weeks as “everyday”...

Unfortunately it’s to be expected in the current political climate. Extremists are taking advantage of the chaos.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 9:54 am

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

Nope. You’re too busy as an internet martyr. It’s your job to make sure a politically incorrect comment gets put on blast.

But if you did commit some crimes, who would know? The media is too busy hunting cops and watching Trump’s twitter account.

Hey Troublezone go fuck yourself
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 9:55 am

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

Hey Troublezone go fuck yourself

Poor baby Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us   A serious question.  No judgment from any of you, or me, or us - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A serious question. No judgment from any of you, or me, or us
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next