Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question - 2

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
exact33
James B.
7 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 7:47 am

Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 7:53 pm

Probably a movie. I do so much reading for work it is not very pleasurable anymore

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Movie.

I know books are usually better, but I’m impatient! I can never finish a book in one sitting (unless it’s short).
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 11:00 pm

Movie most times, but I do like to read. Be hard to just do one and not the other.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 1:39 am

Movies have been ruined with CGI (IMHDO) and lack of creativity. Seems wash, rinse, repeat has become normal?

Read tonz as a kid, especially digging deeper into what was in public school curriculum. Where I figured out how to research by trial and error. Glad I found the interest to read again. I can read fairly quick, so that helps.

My ol' lady trips that I can listen to music via headphones and read a book at the same time. Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 1:25 pm

I prefer to read.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Movies for me. I don't mind reading but it seems to take me forever to finish a book. At least with a movie I know it's over and done with in 2 hours or so.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 3:20 pm

I like them both equally. I watch a lot of movies, but I also try to make time to read at least one decent sized book per month.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2021 6:08 pm

I will amend my statement that graphic novels are interesting to me...

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2021 6:32 pm

007 wrote:
Movies for me. I don't mind reading but it seems to take me forever to finish a book. At least with a movie I know it's over and done with in 2 hours or so.

Same for me. Except I know exactly why… it’s the OCD that causes me to re-read certain sentences or paragraphs. I have to make sure I understood it correctly (especially books with complex plots or that jump around between characters a lot). No speed reading for me. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2021 6:52 pm

James B. wrote:
Movies have been ruined with CGI (IMHDO) and lack of creativity.

That’s why I like old movies. Modern technology didn’t help at all. The original Star Wars trilogy was far superior to the CGI crap later on. You would think the modern technology would’ve made it better… but it didn’t. The handmade models, costumes and alien creatures were amazing and like magic (thanks to master artisans like Jim Henson).

Same with modern cartoons… it’s become so lazy and computer aided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question - 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question - 2   Question - 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question - 2
Page 1 of 1