Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Armored Saint

Go down 
+11
Gilbert
scottmitchell74
metalken
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Lari
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Armored Saint  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 7:28 pm

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Favorites - Armored Saint EP, Delirious Nomad, Symbol of Salvation.
Least Favorite - La Raza - I find it to be listless and uninspired.

All the other albums are also very good. I just wish their Chrysalis albums had the same production that Symbol has.

Symbol should have made them a much bigger band.

I seem to recall reading an article way-back-when, possibly before internet days if you can believe it, and the general consensus was that Symbol of Salvation (1991) WAS going to be their big breakthrough album (good production, good songs, big label push, etc.)but a few months later, Metallica released the black album and just left every other metal album in the dust. Not long after that, John Bush left for Anthrax and that was it for the Saint. Who knows how things would have went if that album blew-up big.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 8:37 pm

Ha! Reign of Fire just came on a mix I am listening to. Also, I watched a 2 part Inside Metal show called Metal Explodes on the Sunset strip last night and today. The second part s from like 1982 -'87 and is narrated by John Bush and has a lot of interviews with Joey Vera.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Glower wrote:
1984 March of the Saint
1985 Delirious Nomad
1987 Raising Fear

1988 Saints Will Conquer
1991 Symbol of Salvation
2000 Revelation

2001 Nod to the Old School
2010 La Raza
2015 Win Hands Down

2016 Carpe Noctum

I own all of those, with the exception of Nod to the Old School. RAISING FEAR is easily their best imo, followed by Saints Will Conquer and Symbol of Salvation.

We need a new Armored Saint album headbanger.

You'll get your wish soon I hope...
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/armored-saint-completes-mixing-new-album/

\'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 10:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Glower wrote:
1984 March of the Saint
1985 Delirious Nomad
1987 Raising Fear

1988 Saints Will Conquer
1991 Symbol of Salvation
2000 Revelation

2010 La Raza
2015 Win Hands Down

2016 Carpe Noctum

I own all of those, with the exception of Nod to the Old School. RAISING FEAR is easily their best imo, followed by Saints Will Conquer and Symbol of Salvation.

\'arry \'eadbanger

Good to hear!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 12:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Glower wrote:
1984 March of the Saint
1985 Delirious Nomad
1987 Raising Fear

1988 Saints Will Conquer
1991 Symbol of Salvation
2000 Revelation

2010 La Raza
2015 Win Hands Down

2016 Carpe Noctum

\'arry \'eadbanger

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 3:49 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
Gilbert wrote:
Glower wrote:
1984 March of the Saint
1985 Delirious Nomad
1987 Raising Fear

1988 Saints Will Conquer
1991 Symbol of Salvation
2000 Revelation

2010 La Raza
2015 Win Hands Down

2016 Carpe Noctum

headbanger  headbanger

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 5:59 pm

I like March of the Saint the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 1:40 pm

Lari wrote:
I can't rank them because I haven't heard them all, but Symbol of Salvation has gotten a lot of spins since I bought it. 

I could use more Armored Saint, maybe.
I picked up the first three Saint CDs the other day. Looking forward to spinning them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 3:24 pm

Aside from La Raza, which was dull as dirt, I've liked all of their albums to some degree (that said, I have yet to hear the most recent, Punching The Sky or whatever it's called).

My favorite would definitely be Symbol of Salvation.

The first three Saints (March of the Saint, Delirious Nomad, and Raising Fear) have just been reissued by Metal Blade; I need all three of those on CD so the next time my PayPal gets an infusion, I'm gonna finally close that long standing hole in my collection. Maybe I'll get Punching The Sky while I'm at it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 4:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The first three Saints (March of the Saint, Delirious Nomad, and Raising Fear) have just been reissued by Metal Blade
Yup. Those are the ones I got.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 11:15 pm

Lari wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The first three Saints (March of the Saint, Delirious Nomad, and Raising Fear) have just been reissued by Metal Blade
Yup. Those are the ones I got.

Those are the 3 albums i revisit the most.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Aside from La Raza, which was dull as dirt, I've liked all of their albums to some degree (that said, I have yet to hear the most recent, Punching The Sky or whatever it's called).

My favorite would definitely be Symbol of Salvation.

The first three Saints (March of the Saint, Delirious Nomad, and Raising Fear) have just been reissued by Metal Blade; I need all three of those on CD so the next time my PayPal gets an infusion, I'm gonna finally close that long standing hole in my collection. Maybe I'll get Punching The Sky while I'm at it.

I think you'd really like Punching The Sky.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 7:54 pm

nevermore wrote:

I think you'd really like Punching The Sky.

It's been on my list of "stuff to get" since it first came out, I just haven't gotten around to it yet Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 11:02 pm

So I've got the new reissues of March of the Saint, Delirious Nomad, and Raising Fear on the way to me. Looking forward to gettin' those mofos. I had March on cassette and the other two on vinyl back in the day, but I've never had any of them on CD. I'm happy that I've finally plugged that rather large hole in my collection...

However, I still have yet to order Punching The Sky cuz everywhere I looked it was an import from Europe or Japan or wherever, and the price was more than I was willing to pay. Did that album even get a U.S. release??

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 11:25 pm

Have all their albums, with Raising Fear being a Japanese pressing.

Don't think i will be needing those reissues.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 5:29 pm

Got my Armored Saint reissues today. I was expecting 'em all to be the new Metal Blade reissues, but March of the Saint was a Rock Candy Records release (w/3 bonus tracks) from 2006, and the other two are Capitol Records Japanese issues from 2018. Not complaining. Any day I can get Japanese discs for less than fifteen bucks is a good day Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 8:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So I've got the new reissues of March of the Saint, Delirious Nomad, and Raising Fear on the way to me. Looking forward to gettin' those mofos. I had March on cassette and the other two on vinyl back in the day, but I've never had any of them on CD. I'm happy that I've finally plugged that rather large hole in my collection...

However, I still have yet to order Punching The Sky cuz everywhere I looked it was an import from Europe or Japan or wherever, and the price was more than I was willing to pay. Did that album even get a U.S. release??

You can get it from Metal Blade directly - https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/item/92689
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 11:26 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You can get it from Metal Blade directly - https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/item/92689

Ahh, that's much more like it. Thanx for the tip.

...of course I wiped out my PayPal balance getting those other three Saint CDs and a few other odds and ends, so Punching the Sky will have to wait till my next spree. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint    Armored Saint  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armored Saint
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2