Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint

Go down 
+5
AchrisK
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:42 am

MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Marchofthesaint

I've always loved this album for some reason. It just fits me I guess. This is actually my favorite Armored Saint album. Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:16 am

Brilliant, classic heavy metal! March of the Saint and Symbol of Salvation are my two favorites, though I like the whole catalog.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:51 am

Fan-freakin'tastic album by a great, cruelly ignored band. My fave Saint is SYMBOL OF SALVATION (keeping in mind that they never released a bad album in my book) but this one is a solid runner up. "Glory Hunter" and "Can U Deliver" are freakin classic!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:11 am

Excellent album and my introduction to the band, great songs and like FF stated a band that was overlooked unfairly.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:44 am

This is on my "want list". I really like Delirious Nomad, and am looking to investigate other Armored Saint releases. I have Symbol and Revelation, but they have yet to hit me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 am

Local favorites back in the day. Great debut to say the least MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint 11840

R.I.P Dave Pritchard

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 am

A great album back in the day, but it hasn't stood the test of time, IMO. I have it for trade or sale if anyone needs/wants it.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:22 am

Classic! I have this one on vinyl, and still give it the occasional spin when I can. Not sure why, but it took a while to grow on me. After several listens, I rate this among the best of the early 80's classic American metal albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:51 am

SpectreFate wrote:
A great album back in the day, but it hasn't stood the test of time, IMO. I have it for trade or sale if anyone needs/wants it.

As much as I like the album I have to agree with Spec that this album has aged terribly maybe due to Michael James Jackson's production. The songs are solid but the production screams 1980's. something their follow up albums donot suffer from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:24 pm

I like this one a lot, even with the 80's production. A fun flashback album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Great album!!!!! I never understood why they never hit it bigger!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:08 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Great album!!!!! I never understood why they never hit it bigger!

Mainly because they were signed to a label (Chrysalis) who didn't understand them and had no experience in the hard rock realm (unless you count Pat Benatar as hard rock, she was their top act at the time).

They signed Armored Saint just to have a metal band on their roster because all the other majors were snapping up every other metal band in L.A. at the time in the wake of Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, Ratt, etc. ... then they threw the Saint's albums out there with no promotional backing and wondered why they weren't selling gazillions of records like those other guys. DUH...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:30 pm

One of my all time favorite bands!! You could have used any of their albums for thi album of the day MB!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:28 am

Cool guys! Yeah, this was one of the first metal bands I got into as a young kid. I've been a major fan for years.

I actually like Armored Saint better than Anthrax and always wished John Bush would have stayed with them. Oh well. At least they are releasing a new one soon. I can't wait to get my paws on "La Raza" early next year!

I also agree with what a few of you said. Armored Saint doesn't have a bad album.

I also disagree about "March of the Saint" aging well. I crank this album frequently even to this day. It always sounds fresh to me. But again - I like that 80s production, so that might be why we differ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint   MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/11. Armored Saint - March of the Saint
Page 1 of 1