Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Armored Saint?

Go down 
+19
manny
Gilbert
arttieTHE1manparty
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
fingers
Alaskan Metalhead
Leatherface
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
mez
powermacho
Zdan
metalken
Jesusandmetal23
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Best Armored Saint? Empty
PostSubject: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:10 pm

From what I have heard of these guys, I love them. Where to start? I was thinking Delirious Nomad, but that is a tough CD to find cheap. If it's REALLY good, I'll settle for download. Otherwise my second choice would be March of the Saint. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Honestly, any one you start with would be great. I do not say this of many bands, but I find all their releases to be top notch to one degree or another. Not a single dud in the bunch. I cannot even think of any tracks I would consider filler material throughout their carreer.
Sorry if that is not what you were looking for.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:17 pm

March Of The Saint is the classic Armored Saint is known for but I think the best songs are on Symbol Of Salvation. Great balanced record - more mellow tracks coupled with speed metal killers.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Everythig bro, lol. Actually Yesterday, today and tomorrow I have been wearing an armored saint shirt. Lol
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:54 pm

They all are great but man I am really loving the new one (La Raza). Maybe because its new? Something fresh I guess.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:16 pm

I don't get why "Delerious Nomad" is going for crazy $ on both Ebay and Amazon. A few months ago, I saw alot of copies for like 5 bucks ?

The funny thing is the vinyl copies used to be pricey Best Armored Saint? 685534 for that title and I saw quite a few bidding at 4 and 5 bucks a pop. Oh well... They are all pretty good. I saw that a copy of the debut and revelations are going fairly cheap.

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Symbol is where to start then get it all!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:37 am

Symbol Of Salvation is a must. From start to finish its a great album.

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:14 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I agree...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:27 am

S wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I agree...

Agrees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 am

I'm one of the few who is partial to Raising Fear.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:31 pm

detuned wrote:

When I bought that one after I already had Symbol I hated it. I couldnt believe it was the same band. I feel a little better about it now but I dont think its their greatest.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:35 pm

I like all of their stuff (haven't heard LA RAZA yet tho) but my favorite is definitely SYMBOL OF SALVATION.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Symbol Of Salvation is my fave.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Symbol of Salvation
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Great to see the Symbol Of Salvation love here on HoM. Most people praise "March Of The Saint" as their best one. I like it but I think "Symbol..." is their most diverse and best-written offering.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:01 pm

The same with me. Symbol of salvation is a great album, I have the 3cd pack, wich I think is a waste. Sobjustvhet the regular version, unless youvwant to hear the demos and interviews
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:43 am

detuned wrote:
I really like that one. " Isolation" is my favorite AS song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:30 am

Oh, anything by Armored Saint says METAL! I'm a little old school and I love playing Delirious Nomad the most; just has a cool vibe to it!

Grab the whole catalog; no disappointments at all!
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:36 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
From what I have heard of these guys, I love them. Where to start? I was thinking Delirious Nomad, but that is a tough CD to find cheap. If it's REALLY good, I'll settle for download. Otherwise my second choice would be March of the Saint. Thoughts?

Get all of them!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:19 pm

powermacho wrote:
The same with me. Symbol of salvation is a great album, I have the 3cd pack, wich I think is a waste. Sobjustvhet the regular version, unless youvwant to hear the demos and interviews

I have that one too and I'd agree. The demos and interview disc were listened to once. Nice idea in theory, but kinda pointless. Symbol of Salvation is a good place to start though. And I think Revelation is a great comeback album too.

La Raza still hasn't "wowed" me. Not bad, but slightly forgettable after playing.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:19 am

1. Symbol of Salvation
2. March of the Saint
3. Delirious Nomad
4. Raising Fear
5. La Raza
6. Revelation
7. Nod to the Old School

My order of preference, though you can't really go wrong with any Saint.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:59 am

Symbol Of Salvation is easily my favorite, although I am enjoying La Raza a lot.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:28 am

I ordered the first three albums yesterday.

Hope i like them. Not too familiar with the band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:27 am

My fav album by them 'Raising Fear'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Armored Saint?   Best Armored Saint? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Armored Saint?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next