Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Armored Saint

Go down 
+26
mr.electric39
candlemass
fingers
rajah
Lari
journeyman
jstate
mc666
James B.
metalken
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
TheGreatDuck
Witchfinder
Required Fields
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
Gilbert
chewie
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
RAIDwarden
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:55 am

Has anyone heard of Armored Saint before? Every time I mention them, I always get a no for an answer. I wish more people knew of them and their awesomeness!

Take a listen:

False Alarm is one of the most head-bangable songs out there
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 am

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t13348-best-armored-saint?highlight=saint

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t15155-armored-saint?highlight=saint

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t10365-armored-saint-appreciation-thread?highlight=saint

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:12 am

There's a whole lotta old metal farts here who are quite familiar with that band, young'un.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:26 am

I figured that you guys would know em! All these kids around my age call themselves metalheads but none of them know the real classics
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:48 am

Symbol of Salvation is a classic.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:51 am

All of their albums are great.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 am

All of their songs are perfect for cruising around with the windows down. They always get me to bang my head \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Yeah, I dig 'em!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:51 pm

I discovered Armored Saint while surfing NLTM (Thanks Scott again!) and instantly fell in love with their brand of heavy metal.

So far I own delirious nomad, march of the saint, symbol of salvation and revelation.

Still need some counseling about LA RAZA though. Any advice?
Back to top Go down

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:02 pm

I was a fan in the 80s, followed them through the Raging Fear album. Solid meat & potatoes heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:08 pm

I use to own their first 2 albums. And seen them open for Ronnie James Dio Dio  in 2001.

Last edited by bass63 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Like what I've heard, but haven't ever bought anything by them. John bush has a great voice.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Me like. And the cover art of Raising Fear screams METAL!11
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Armored Saint and Metal Church were light years ahead of the rest for mid 80's U.S (non thrash) metal.

And yes that does include you know who! Razz 
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Very cool band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Excellent band. Their debut EP, Delirious Nomad and Symbol of Salvation are their best. March of the Saint, Revelation and Raising Fear are good. La Raza is awful.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:54 pm

RAIDwarden wrote:
I figured that you guys would know em! All these kids around my age call themselves metalheads but none of them know the real classics
Armored Saint Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUddqRma_29sc5y2RGQoZMPPnJcfle1BhVIev9ceOMtN7zr282

Hell, believe it or not, a lot of people I've met that consider themselves metalheads don't even know who Dio is!
Back to top Go down

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 pm

I have never quite understood the praise for Symbol Of Salvation. I didn't like it when it first came out and I got rid of it fairly quickly, then when I started posting on this board I kept hearing people describe how great it was so I decided to revisit it. Same thing, I still don't like it, it's "okay" but I have no need to own it.

I think Raising Fear and Delirious Nomad are the most solid overall.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Raising Fear is my fave but they haven't put out a bad album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
I have never quite understood the praise for Symbol Of Salvation.  I didn't like it when it first came out and I got rid of it fairly quickly, then when I started posting on this board I kept hearing people describe how great it was so I decided to revisit it.  Same thing, I still don't like it, it's "okay" but I have no need to own it.  

Agreed. The first track is awesome but after that ...

I really tried to like this band but can't. Even Slagel says he signed them because of the way they dressed.

Honestly ... I don't think any of their albums are good. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with METAL CHURCH. That's like comparing the quality of old METALLICA to XENTRIX.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I have never quite understood the praise for Symbol Of Salvation.  I didn't like it when it first came out and I got rid of it fairly quickly, then when I started posting on this board I kept hearing people describe how great it was so I decided to revisit it.  Same thing, I still don't like it, it's "okay" but I have no need to own it.  

Agreed.  The first track is awesome but after that ...

I really tried to like this band but can't.  Even Slagel says he signed them because of the way they dressed.

Honestly ... I don't think any of their albums are good.  They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with METAL CHURCH.  That's like comparing the quality of old METALLICA to XENTRIX.

Nothing like Metal Church.

The reason SOS hooked me was its aggressive intensity, kind of like Screaming for Vengeance. Bush's vocals contributed to that. The music was just on fire and never concerned with technical or experimental nuances. Like S.D. said, meat and potatoes.

Last edited by corplhicks on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 am

As I've posted before, I do not believe that they have put out anything even close to an average album as I hold that they have stayed constant in their output of top quality material. They have kept fresh as they have kept adapting their sound from release to release.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:16 am

They walk that line of thrash while not totally crossing into it. That's why the comparison to Metal Church.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:36 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:
RAIDwarden wrote:
Armored Saint Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUddqRma_29sc5y2RGQoZMPPnJcfle1BhVIev9ceOMtN7zr282

Hell, believe it or not, a lot of people I've met that consider themselves metalheads don't even know who Dio is!

HOW DOES SOMEONE NOT KNOW DIO!!?? He's one of the metal gods!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
They walk that line of thrash while not totally crossing into it. That's why the comparison to Metal Church.

This is where I'm a strange boy. I've always considered Metal Church thrash. For me power metal doesn't get so aggressive while being so fast. Overkill walked that line as well with their melodies, and they've always been known as a thrash band. Again, I don't expect anyone else to share this perspective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armored Saint
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next