Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
nevermore
glassprison
anthrax_fan
Glower
Boris2008
corplhicks
Lari
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Ozzy Osbourne - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Mine was $10.00 on Amazon.

Oh, that's not bad at all. When I was there on release day (Newbury Comics) I thought it would be there $9.99 and was just surprised when it wasn't. Oddly enough, I bought 3 Ozzy LP's that day (Bark, Ultimate Sin, and Tribute) and when I got to the register the clerk asked me if I had grabbed the new one yet. I pretty much told him the same things I posted earlier. Someone must have sold an Ozzy collection, cuz there was also vinyls of Blizzard, Diary, No Rest, and a Diary and Mr. Crowley picture discs. I spent $54 on the three (4 total lp's) albums that day, and just didn't have another $100+ for the others. I thought I would be able to go back the following week after pay day and scoop a couple up, but we all know what happened next... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 11:35 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Oh, that's not bad at all. When I was there on release day (Newbury Comics) I thought it would be there $9.99 and was just surprised when it wasn't. Oddly enough, I bought 3 Ozzy LP's that day (Bark, Ultimate Sin, and Tribute) and when I got to the register the clerk asked me if I had grabbed the new one yet. I pretty much told him the same things I posted earlier. Someone must have sold an Ozzy collection, cuz there was also vinyls of Blizzard, Diary, No Rest, and a Diary and Mr. Crowley picture discs. I spent $54 on the three (4 total lp's) albums that day, and just didn't have another $100+ for the others. I thought I would be able to go back the following week after pay day and scoop a couple up, but we all know what happened next... Crying or Very sad

Honestly, the cheap price was the only reason I bought it. Liked the couple songs I heard, but wasn't crazy about them. I still planned on buying one eventually, because I an a fan of Ozzy, but probably would have waited.

Good snag on the Ozzy lps, so far I only have the first two on vinyl. Really want to get Ultimate Sin, Tribute, No More Tears, No Rest, and Bark on vinyl one of these days. Every time I go to the record store, they either have no Ozzy, or one of the two I already have. I was at a pawn shop a month ago, and they had Ultimate Sin, but dude wanted too much for it, so I told him he could enjoy it himself.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 12:19 am

the sentinel wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I was just checking that Newbury Comics shop on google. Looks like a place where i could hang out for hours.

Do they have a big metal music section?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 12:19 pm

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I was just checking that Newbury Comics shop on google. Looks like a place where i could hang out for hours.

Do they have a big metal music section?

It depends on which one you go to. Their biggest location is in Norwood, MA on route 1 (I think Eyesore lives close to that one) which is about a half hour drive from my house. It's in an old Toyota dealership and has tons of vinyl and the biggest Metal sections for CD and Vinyl. They actually have a regular Metal section (new and used) that covers everything from NWOBHM and Traditional to Black and Thrash. Then there's a "Just In" bin of stuff, and lastly, a discount Metal section.
Of the 25+ locations throughout New England, this is the one that gets the most new releases and selection of titles. They have closed a few stores recently- some for good and some relocated into malls- but the vibe in the mall stores suck. It's like what over polished production does to a good album; it robs it of something.
I still enjoying going there, but I am not the rabid fan of Newies I once was. I feel as though they focused solely on vinyl the last few years and kind of pushed the CD enthusiasts to the side, by not stocking new releases and/ or not doing promotional pricing. Or, it could just be that my collection has grown from a few hundred discs in 2005 to over 3,500 in 2020? It's still a really cool place and you can spend hours digging around in that location.
One of the ones that closed (Bellingham, MA) was only about 10-15 minutes from my house. It was the second time they had a location there since 2000, but it just didn't work out. It was a decent sized location and I did well there finding some rare vinyl and CD  titles since 2014. Another that closed was in Stoughton, MA and just didn't get the foot traffic. I used to kill it at that one about a decade ago. The manager was a dude named "Misfits" Mike and he just seemed to have a ton Metal when I was building my collection up a decade ago. I knocked many titles off the 1000+ want list I had back in 2010!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 11:53 pm

Some good news regarding the prince of darkness. Let's hope for the best:

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 11:36 am

I have always liked Ozzy. Around The time when I was 15 or so.
The lyrics. The voice. It just seemed to set my imagination off.
Now we’re talking many many decades later. Many concerts.
How can one not think that they truly know this guy.
Not true. It’s really not true.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3