Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
nevermore
glassprison
anthrax_fan
Glower
Boris2008
corplhicks
Lari
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 6:51 am

glassprison wrote:
I listened to Ordinary Man today. In terms of song writing it is easily some of the best hooks featured on his albums in years. I mean every track is memorable. The downside is that it is by far the worst guitar work that has ever accompanied his voice. Some of the solos are so annoying I don't want to listen to the second half of the song.
Isn't it Slash playing on that song?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 7:22 am

Quote :
Isn't it Slash playing on that song?

He plays on the first track, "Straight to Hell." I was referring to the album as a whole. Aside from the one with Slash, the best guitar work is ironically on the bonus track--a straight-up electro pop song that was originally on a Post Malone album.

Quote :
If you take a glance at the artists he has worked with in the past, it should come as absolutely no surprise.

True. And there must be hundreds of great guitarists out there (known and unknown alike) who would jump at a chance to work with Ozzy. Why they chose this guy is mind boggling.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 7:25 am

Slash plays also on track 4, Ordinary Man

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Ozzy sez his tour is "postponed," not cancelled, for whatever that's worth.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-says-his-tour-is-postponed-not-canceled/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 10:41 am

Hahaha! Abysmal.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Wow, that's bad - what's with that terrible guitar tone? Ozzy's voice sounds more programmed than ever, but that's to be expected - the song is just fundamentally bad.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-says-his-tour-is-postponed-not-canceled/

He is known for backpedaling.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

He is known for backpedaling.

The tour is only "postponed" until Sharon can get an Ozzy Hologram up and running... (haha)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 4:40 pm

I get the sense that "It's a Raid" was recorded at the same time as the Post Malone "Take What You Want" song. I guess it makes sense to release it as a single. It will probably generate more attention than any other tunes on the album.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 5:00 pm

corplhicks wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I listened to Ozzy speaks on the Boneyard on the way to work this morning and he talked about it. I can hear it in his voice that he is really sad about cancelling again, but just doesn't want to embarrass himself. I don't want to see that either.

That Boneyard channel is without argument the best station on XM. Terrific picks no matter what time of the day, and I love it when Ozzy makes his appearances. Man, I might just have that channel on indefinitely after his death.

And, off-topic, but that damn Hair Nation station is a JOKE. It's a terrible callback to the worst that classic rock radio has had to offer, and I don't get the point of them playing Poison and Warrant ballads every. fucking. hour. I've though about posting about this around here but figured only few members listen to XM. Sorry, don't want to steer things off-track, but I've needed to get that off my chest. Anyway, all hail the Ozzman. \'arry \'eadbanger

I wouldn’t pay for Hair Nation, but if it was a free trial I would listen. I like bands like Ratt, Warrant and Shotgun Messiah.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 5:34 pm

It's a shame that I don't dig the new Ozzy album as I think it's the last we will hear from him. The whole album seems to be a goodbye lyrically.

I could be wrong but Parkinson's is no joke. Either way the guy was such a huge deal for me growing up that it is all pretty sad but no-one is immune to old age.

Thanks for the music Ozzy Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 25679
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 10:34 pm

Troublezone wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I listened to Ozzy speaks on the Boneyard on the way to work this morning and he talked about it. I can hear it in his voice that he is really sad about cancelling again, but just doesn't want to embarrass himself. I don't want to see that either.

That Boneyard channel is without argument the best station on XM. Terrific picks no matter what time of the day, and I love it when Ozzy makes his appearances. Man, I might just have that channel on indefinitely after his death.

And, off-topic, but that damn Hair Nation station is a JOKE. It's a terrible callback to the worst that classic rock radio has had to offer, and I don't get the point of them playing Poison and Warrant ballads every. fucking. hour. I've though about posting about this around here but figured only few members listen to XM. Sorry, don't want to steer things off-track, but I've needed to get that off my chest. Anyway, all hail the Ozzman. \'arry \'eadbanger

I wouldn’t pay for Hair Nation, but if it was a free trial I would listen. I like bands like Ratt, Warrant and Shotgun Messiah.

Y'all know my love for Hair/ Glam Metal here, so I won't bash the channel; but, I do wish they would dig deeper and play more Shotgun Messiah, Pretty Boy Floyd D.A.D., etc. There should be no ballads, but those songs helped sell it 30+ years ago and the soccer moms driving SUV's to work are gonna tune in for the Posion, Warrant, Cinderella ballad they loved in High school. Ozzy's Boneyard is great, even mny 3 year old daughter loves it! Ha! But, the best time is when you get a guest host or Jim Florentin's show is on as it breaks up the cycle of the same 10 bands/ artists and you get Raven, the Rods, or Riot. I feel as though traditional US Power Metal is all but ignored. I never hear Savatage, Banshee, or Leatherwolf. There needs to be another Metal channel that plays the aforementioned three, plus artists like Metal Church, Riot, Omen, Liege Lord, Savage Grace, Shok Paris, etc. Anyway, just my 2 cents. I do like the two channels a lot though, and occasionally go over to Liquid Metal.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 11:42 pm

I found straight to hell to be quite an enjoyable song actually.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 7:43 pm

Ozzy did an AMA in Reddit (basically an open interview) recently. Probably the best AMA I've ever read through.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/f9duxz/im_singer_songwriter_and_entertainer_im_ozzy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 8:17 am

Boris2008 wrote:
It's a shame that I don't dig the new Ozzy album as I think it's the last we will hear from him. The whole album seems to be a goodbye lyrically.

I wouldn't speak so soon...he's apparently going to be working on a follow-up starting next month:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-hopes-to-begin-work-on-new-studio-album-next-month/

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 8:44 am

glassprison wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I wouldn't speak so soon...he's apparently going to be working on a follow-up starting next month:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-hopes-to-begin-work-on-new-studio-album-next-month/

That's surprising given the tone of some of the interviews and comments on the "Ozzy Speaks" show on the boneyard where he intimated that he had to be pushed and prodded by others to make one more album. Maybe he really enjoyed the experience and the mostly favorable reviews he's been getting?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 9:11 am

He hasn't released anything good in 25 years but why stop now? Sharon still needs that cash.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Glancing over some of the comments here, I'm gonna say I'm in the minority here, but I'm kinda digging the stuff I've heard on Spotify. Yea, I wish Zakk was playing on it and yes, I wish that walking incarnation of the coronavirus Post Malone wasn't rapping on it, but the songs themselves are pretty catchy. I find myself humming them after they're done.

I haven't heard the whole album yet but it's on my Amazon want-list and once things calm down and get back to what will be the "new normal", I'll be picking it up.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Glancing over some of the comments here, I'm gonna say I'm in the minority here, but I'm kinda digging the stuff I've heard on Spotify. Yea, I wish Zakk was playing on it and yes, I wish that walking incarnation of the coronavirus Post Malone wasn't rapping on it, but the songs themselves are pretty catchy. I find myself humming them after they're done.

I haven't heard the whole album yet but it's on my Amazon want-list and once things calm down and get back to what will be the "new normal", I'll be picking it up.

I agree about the album being catchy. Two stand out tracks for me are straight to hell and ordinary man.

I did order my copy on Amazon last week. Will now wait and see when it drops in my mail...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 4:02 am

Well I got mine a couple weeks ago, and think it's a terrible album. Has a couple decent songs, but overall it's garbage in my opinion. Hate saying it because I really wanted Ozzy go out on a high note if this ends up being his last album. That post malone song is pure shit, and has no business being on an ozzy osbourne album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 5:10 am

From what I’ve heard, this is a vocal-centric album. Tony Iommi had even said that Ozzy had contributed some great melodies on some of the Sabbath albums. Obviously there will be a Beatles influence. They were his favorite band.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 12:00 pm

I have Sirius XM and listen to Ozzy's boneyard a lot (Hair Nation, too) and since it's his channel they pimped the hell out of this album starting last October with "Under the Grave" and then releasing a new song each week. The "Ozzy Speaks" show spent a lot of time discussing the new disc, too; and finally, a listening party was held with fans in the studio.
I haven't picked up my copy yet, but I have heard the whole album multiple times. I will state this, it's not a great album by any stretch, but it is better than I thought it would be. The last 3 discs have been one good song each and a ton of crap. In my opine, this one has two great tunes (Straight to Hell and Under the Graveyard); two good tunes (Holy and Gods); an average song in the title track and a terrible track in the collaboration with Post Malone.
Like some mentioned here and on other forums, the whole album seems like a sort of goodbye lyrically with Ozzy coming to the realization of his own mortality. I cut him a bunch of slack because of all the stuff he has gone through in his life and his current age. Like I stated earlier in the thread, he said he was kind of "pushed" towards doing the album by the producer and at age 71 I don't think he has much left in him from a creative standpoint, so I think it's a good note to go out on.
Also, he has only released 4 studio albums since the turn of the century, so there is really no flow to his game at the moment. He has released more comps, live, and covers stuff than studio. I have always felt that a lot of the artists who were most successful in the 1980's was due to their releasing so much material in a short span as the creative juices were fermenting and there was a hungriness to everything. With the Ozzman's mega stardom and money, the hungriness is gone and the fruit dies on the vine.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:35 pm

Thanks for the review. I’ll probably get the album only if I find it very cheap.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 am

Troublezone wrote:
Thanks for the review. I’ll probably get the album only if I find it very cheap.

My pleasure, brother. I was in a record store the week it was released and it was like $15 for a CD and $25 for an LP. They also had picture discs for around $30. None of these prices enticed me to buy so I will hold out for a used copy on disc for $7-8 some time over the summer.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 11:42 am

Mine was $10.00 on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne   Ozzy Osbourne - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next