Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Ring Of Honor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Last night:

Jim Jefferies: Bare
Russell Howard: Recalibrate

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 10:08 am

"Dogma" (1999)

Two rogue angels trapped on Earth think they've figured out how to get back into Heaven - but if they're successful, it will destroy all of reality. Fortunately the good Lord has assembled a crack team to stop them before they can reach New Jersey, consisting of a lapsed Catholic, a forgotten Apostle, and two stoners (Jay and Silent Bob!).

Kevin Smith's epic religious fantasy/comedy/road movie is certainly not for the devout (or anyone who's easily offended by foul language) but it's got a lot of laughs delivered by a great cast incl. Linda Fiorentino (whatever happened to her, anyway? She was hot!), Chris Rock, Alan Rickman, Salma Hayek, Jason Lee, George Carlin (as a Catholic Cardinal no less!), Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Bewitched
Mork & Mindy
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39554

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 6:06 pm

The Goldbergs
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Timeless
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Watched Gotham last night.

Another great episode.  It's a shame they staggered around for half of this season with a lot of stupidly, pointless plotlines before they finally found their footing again.  Sadly, it's probably too little too late.  Our local Fox station doesn't even bother showing promos for the show anymore which isn't a good sign for its future.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 6:10 pm

"Shock" (aka "Beyond The Door II," 1977)

Seven years after her husband's suicide, a woman moves back into their old house with her new family -- which of course is not a good idea. Soon her kid is acting possessed and she begins having supernatural hallucinations, which lead her to believe that Hubby #1 may still be hanging around the ol' homestead.
"Shock" was Italian horror meister Mario Bava's final film before his death in 1980 and while it took a while to really get up to speed, by the middle it turns into a decent enough creep show, with a bravura performance by Daria Nicolodi as the tortured housewife. One of the better Spaghetti horrors I've seen lately.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Stargate: Atlantis

I've been watching this during my afternoon workouts and I'm up to season 2 where they made some personnel changes.  The show seems to still be trying to find its footing but it's enjoyable enough.  I was a casual fan of this show when it was on TV but nearly as big a fan as I was of Stargate - SG1.  After watching all the SG1 episodes over the past 8 months or so I decided to order Atlantis and watch them next.  Not as good as SG1 but it gets me through my workouts which is basically all I was looking for.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Streets Of Fire (1984)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 5:01 pm

"Torso" (1973)

(WARNING: Trailer contains boobies. NSFW)

An Italian college town is plagued by a series of strangulation murders. To get away from the horror, a group of co-eds heads to a secluded mountain top villa for the weekend, but the wack job follows them there to continue his killing spree.
The plot for this primo slice of "giallo" murder mystery was probably written on a cocktail napkin, but the flick makes up for its frequent lapses in logic with lots of gorgeous Italian scenery, plenty of pretty girls (many of whom are frequently nude) and numerous heaping helpings of bright, splashy gore.  Put it all together and you've got 90 minutes of sick, sleazy fun.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Last night I watched The Blob (1958)

Steve McQueen stars as a high school teen up against a gelatinous creature from outer space that feeds on human flesh, growing larger and more aggressive as it consumes more victims. A very effective 1950Ss thriller, very enjoyable.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:18 pm

"Hatchet II" (2010)

The lone survivor of the first "Hatchet" film (Danielle Harris of "Halloween 4 & 5" fame) returns to the Louisiana swamps with a posse of gun-toting rednecks in tow, hoping to put an end to the murderous Victor Crowley's reign of terror once and for all.

...since there have been two additional "Hatchet" movies since this one, that should tell you how well it turns out for them. Laughing very hard

This tongue-firmly-in-cheek parody of/homage to '80s style slasher films is basically a chance for the special FX guys to show off the latest and greatest in sick-o splatter tricks, which are hilariously over-the-top and impressively disgusting. Bigger, louder, and gorier than the first installment, "Hatchet II" is lots of fun as long as you've got a strong stomach.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun May 13, 2018 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:27 pm

One of those rare times I enjoyed a sequel more than the original.  I thought it was gorier and funnier than the first one.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
One of those rare times I enjoyed a sequel more than the original.  I thought it was gorier and funnier than the first one.

It's been a while since I saw the first "Hatchet," I remember thinking it was enjoyable but it didn't quite live up to all the hype. This one, however, turned everything up to 11. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:23 am

Man With A Plan
The Terror
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Frankenstein's Army (2013)

Ah man, the cheese is strong with this one. A Russian squad (that speaks English.....) is on a covert mission into Nazi Germany. They receive a radio signal from another Russian squad, and they go investigate. Hilarity ensues (not sure that's what those behind the film were angling for...)

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:05 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Ah man, the cheese is strong with this one.  A Russian squad (that speaks English.....) is on a covert mission into Nazi Germany.  They receive a radio signal from another Russian squad, and they go investigate.  Hilarity ensues (not sure that's what those behind the film were angling for...)

That actually looks interesting to me.  And that thing walking on blades or whatever is a ripoff right out of Tokyo Gore Police. 

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 2b44d9baefee5c250d5d0b04344cc008
If you're gonna rip off a weird creature design that's as good a source as any.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Alice
Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Ah man, the cheese is strong with this one.  A Russian squad (that speaks English.....) is on a covert mission into Nazi Germany.  They receive a radio signal from another Russian squad, and they go investigate.  Hilarity ensues (not sure that's what those behind the film were angling for...)

That actually looks interesting to me.  And that thing walking on blades or whatever is a ripoff right out of Tokyo Gore Police. 

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 2b44d9baefee5c250d5d0b04344cc008
If you're gonna rip off a weird creature design that's as good a source as any.

I was trying to think of what it reminded me of! lol!

The creature designs were all pretty cool, and it was nearly all practical effects and costumes. It was complete cheese, but the monsters were pretty neat.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 6:54 pm

I saw "Frankenstein's Army" a couple of years ago on Netflix. I think the program description called it "Saving Private Ryan Meets Hellraiser," so I was like "I gotta see that!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 6:59 pm

I bought it on blu ray last night (along with Dead Snow 2) based on Sideshow's description.  And you just reinforced the idea that I'll dig it FF. I love practical FX as opposed to CGI.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw "Frankenstein's Army" a couple of years ago on Netflix. I think the program description called it "Saving Private Ryan Meets Hellraiser," so I was like "I gotta see that!" Laughing very hard

Yah, Netflix is where I saw it. I think I searched for sci-fi / horror and it popped up. I love cheesy horror movies, and MUCH prefer practical effects over CGI.

tohostudios wrote:
I bought it on blu ray last night (along with Dead Snow 2) based on Sideshow's description.  And you just reinforced the idea that I'll dig it FF. I love practical FX as opposed to CGI.

Let us know what you think when you watch it. And your post reminds me... I really need to check out the Dead Snow movies.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

I thought the first Dead Snow was decent but I'm so burned out on zombie movies that it didn't really make much of an impression.  Supposedly the second one is not only gorier but more importantly, funnier.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 16 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next