Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 3:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Villainess" (2017)

A female assassin, having finished her 10-year period of servitude to a top secret government organization, thinks she's free and clear to live a "normal" life... however, figures from her past jobs keep popping up and dragging her back into "the business." Bullets fly, people die, cars crash, stuff blows up, et cetera.
This South Korean action flick is kinda hard to follow at times due to its frequent flashbacks, flash forwards, and changes in POV, but holy crap, does it deliver on the mayhem front. The action sequences in this flick are total balls-to-the-wall ultra-violence and the body count is astronomical. I'm not sure I completely understood what was going on (beer and sub-titles are not a good combination) but I was entertained anyway...

Sounds like most of the Asian horror flicks I've seen.  "Helldriver", "Meatball Machine", "Tokyo Gore Police", "Versus", and pretty much any Miike flick...they don't always make sense (hell, a lot of make almost NO sense) but what they lack in logic they make up for in action, weirdness and gory mayhem.

Yeah, this one was a muddle...I actually had to read the plot description on IMDb and Wiki afterwards to see if I'd missed anything!

It didn't help that the main character was actually played by two different actresses -- one in flashbacks to her younger days, and the other in the present day (after she's had plastic surgery to protect her identity) ... fortunately I figured that part out myself early on or I would've been totally lost, haha!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Gatchaman - Episode 3

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 6:38 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Family Feud
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 6:24 am

Agents Of SHIELD
Kevin Can Wait
Man With A Plan
The Alienist
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:36 am

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 MV5BNzI5MzM3MzkxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTkyMjI4MTI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,673,1000_AL_
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 2:58 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Death-Wish-new-poster-leash
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Stargate SG-1 - Season 9

This is where I stopped watching when this show was still on SyFy. No more Gen. Hammond, no more Jack O'neill, no more Dr. Frasier...and worst of all for me at the time no more Go'uld. But having seen these last episodes before I actually really like the concept of the Or-I and these new characters aren't as bad as I thought back then.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Finished 'Inspector Nardone' an excellent French series
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 2:04 am

My Bloody Valentine(2009)-remake of the 80's slasher classic about a small mining town that is haunted by a killer dressed as a miner who enjoys cutting the hearts out of his victims and his connection to a mining disaster that took place years earlier. This was a decent remake with a lot gore, but I didn't care much for the ending when the killer's identity was revealed as I thought it was kind of weak and lazy. The original was superior to this, but it was okay overall. I give it 2.5 out of 5 pick axes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 6:21 am

The X Files
Modern Family
American Housewife
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Jeopardy
Family Feud
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 6:21 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Everybody needs to see this movie.

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk9akIqYXoI8bAfWJAV_Qe0rOp2oQPqcgQQzELTT2t2VVbh_tT
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 1:54 pm

"The Foreigner" (2017)

A grief-stricken father (Jackie Chan) who lost his daughter in a London terrorist bombing pressures Scotland Yard and an Irish politician (Pierce Brosnan) to bring her killers to justice. When that doesn't work, he heads to the Emerald Isle and starts taking apart the bombers' organization by himself. In other words, they f**ked with the wrong Chinaman.

Cool cloak-and-dagger stuff, with a surprisingly excellent performance by Chan, who sheds his usually goofy, happy go lucky persona here and goes darker and grittier than I've ever seen him. A pleasant surprise all around.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 11:33 am

"Wonder Woman" (2017)

DC Comics finally hits one out of the park...and it's about damn time!
Princess Diana (Gal Gadot), daughter of the Amazon queen, leaves her sheltered life on Paradise Island when World War I literally arrives at her doorstep in the form of a crashed pilot, Steve Trevor (Chris Pine). As she learns how to adapt to the outside world she also helps Trevor and his commando unit kick a whooooole lotta German bad-guy ass. This very entertaining, non-stop action popcorn epic deservedly became one of last year's biggest hits.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 pm

The 5000 Fingers Of Dr. T (1953)

A very strange musical conceived written and designed by Dr. Seuss. A boy has "one enemy in the world", his piano teacher. He dreams that he is captured by the evil teacher ,with the help from his hypnotized mother, and forced to play, along with 499 other kids, a huge piano (hence the 5000 fingers). He tries to foil the plans with the help of his plumber friend. Dr. Seuss was very upset with studio meddling (apparently the film was more dark and satirical)and vowed to never let Hollywood do a live action film based on his work.Very Seussian sets and songs, but not something I'd ever watch again. Very strange.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 2:39 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 A19OAuTzE9L._RI_SX200_
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 6:12 pm

"It" (2017)

Stephen King's epic saga of small-town kids vs. a sewer-dwelling, child-eating demon clown gets a 21st century face lift, and the result is disappointing at best... I was expecting so much more from this flick in light of the rave reviews ("OMG IT'S THE SCARIEST MOVIE EVER MADE YOU'RE TOTALLY GONNA POOP YOUR PANTS!"), but I found it slow moving and overall, pretty "meh."

Call me crazy but I seriously preferred the old made-for-TV version with Tim Curry as the killer clown. Oh well, can't win'em all... (shrugs)

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Foreigner" (2017)

A grief-stricken father (Jackie Chan) who lost his daughter in a London terrorist bombing pressures Scotland Yard and an Irish politician (Pierce Brosnan) to bring her killers to justice. When that doesn't work, he heads to the Emerald Isle and starts taking apart the bombers' organization by himself. In other words, they f**ked with the wrong Chinaman.

Cool cloak-and-dagger stuff, with a surprisingly excellent performance by Chan, who sheds his usually goofy, happy go lucky persona here and goes darker and grittier than I've ever seen him. A pleasant surprise all around.

I dug this one as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 6:18 pm

007 wrote:

A very strange musical conceived written and designed by Dr. Seuss. A boy has "one enemy in the world", his piano teacher. He dreams that he is captured by the evil teacher ,with the help from his hypnotized mother, and forced to play, along with 499 other kids, a huge piano (hence the 5000 fingers). He tries to foil the plans with the help of his plumber friend. Dr. Seuss was very upset with studio meddling (apparently the film was more dark and satirical)and vowed to never let Hollywood do a live action film based on his work.Very Seussian sets and songs, but not something I'd ever watch again. Very strange.

Never heard of this but now I want to see it. I like strange flicks.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

Never heard of this but now I want to see it.  I like strange flicks.

Warning. It's not that good.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 10:22 pm

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 1:59 pm

007 wrote:
The Walking Dead

I gave up on this, dude. Several years and, now, for the first time, I actually desire other fans' input before approaching this latest ep. Was it any good?

I have really, really, really hated this show since the revolt began. Lots of throwing logic into the shredder. And when exactly did they stop developing Rick's character? He's grown stale--both in terms of dimension and a need for a shower.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 4:15 pm

corplhicks wrote:
007 wrote:
The Walking Dead

I gave up on this, dude. Several years and, now, for the first time, I actually desire other fans' input before approaching this latest ep. Was it any good?

I have really, really, really hated this show since the revolt began. Lots of throwing logic into the shredder. And when exactly did they stop developing Rick's character? He's grown stale--both in terms of dimension and a need for a shower.

Eh, I've had no real issues with it. They do need to get this whole war with Negan and the Saviors moving along. It does seem to be getting rather stale. Still, I'll keep watching and hope for a very satisfying pay off to the story.

I've read that they're getting rid of show runner Scott Gimple and replacing him with Angela Kang (I think that's her name). She's worked on the show before so hopefully she'll be able to right the ship, as it were and keep it really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 9 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next