Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 7:57 pm

"T.N.T. Jackson" (1974)

Everybody's kung-fu fighting in this martial arts/blaxploitation mash-up about an American gal (former Playboy Playmate Jeannie Bell) who goes to Hong Kong to search for her missing brother, and ends up kicking ass on a whole lotta heroin smugglers and assorted thugs. It's no "Coffy" or "Foxy Brown," but "T.N.T." is enjoyably sleazy chop-socky junk.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Slumber Party Massacre (1982)

A psychopathic lunatic escapes from the asylum and proceeds to target a group from a girls basketball team during a number party, armed with his favorite weapon,a power drill . Typical fun ensues.Somehow, I had never seen this one before but finally got around to it and thought it was decent enough.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 11:15 pm

Bird Box (2018)

A mysterious force appears and dreads throughout the world, destroying most of the population. The force,when seen (but never shown to the viewer), causes it's victim to commit suicide. Howevrr, the mentally unbalanced are immune to the effects and act as the force/creatures agents against humanity. Reminiscent of M Night Shamaylan's The Happening, this is a way better film.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18895

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Monday Night Raw
Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 8:02 pm

"Avengers: Infinity War" (2018)

This is the team up movie to end all team up movies! Pretty much *every* superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (except Ant-Man, for some reason) makes an appearance in this epic crossover, as the good guys try to stop cosmic villain Thanos from committing inter-galactic genocide. A fast moving flick with tons of wall to wall action that ends on a cliffhanger, which will be resolved in next year's "Avengers: Endgame." Bring it on!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Various "minor" bowl games. 

Never did get around to watching "Santa's Slay" this year but no big loss because I've seen the damn thing at least 10 times.  Plus we got Bill Goldberg more or less reprising the role in this ad this year:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 9:23 pm

Funny You Should Ask
Family Feud
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Finally got  to Season 4 of "Gotham" but since it's "bowl season" there is no way I'll get through it before next week's Season 5 (and final season) premier.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 6:55 pm

The Goldbergs
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 7:14 pm

There's Company
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Eastbound And Down Season 2
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 3:00 pm

007 wrote:
Bird Box (2018)

A mysterious force appears and dreads throughout the world, destroying most of the population. The force,when seen (but never shown to the viewer), causes it's victim to commit suicide. Howevrr, the mentally unbalanced are immune to the effects and act as the force/creatures agents against humanity. Reminiscent of M Night Shamaylan's The Happening, this is a way better film.

That any good? Have it saved to my watch list but haven't hit play yet.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 1:13 pm

^^^^ It is. Though I found the idea of people running around blindfolded to be a bit ridiculous. Otherwise, it was a good film and good cast.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Been watching the Haunting Of Hill House on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 4:51 pm

"Bird Box" (2018)

A mysterious phenomenon begins causing thousands of mass suicides all around the world. When a perosn sees whatever is causing it, they die.

A small group of survivors, including a pregnant Sandra Bullock and a drunken, foul mouthed John Malkovich (who's great as always) hole up in a house for a while, but eventually the group is whittled away to just Sandra and her two kids, who then attempt to get to a supposed safe place hidden in the wilderness. The catch? They have to do it blindfolded, so they won't see the "creatures."

This Netflix original has been getting a lot of hype (both good and bad) on social media lately so I was curious to see what all the whoop-de-doo was about. It's a creepy little thriller with a great cast, but apparently it also happens to be similar to the recent critical/commercial hit "A Quiet Place," which I haven't seen. If you have, I suppose your mileage may vary.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's a creepy little thriller with a great cast, but apparently it also happens to be similar to the recent critical/commercial hit "A Quiet Place," which I haven't seen. If you have, I suppose your mileage may vary.
That's the vibe I got from watching the previews, and the main reason I haven't hit the play button yet. That quiet place movie was really dumb and full of plot holes. Sounded good on paper, but the more you use that thing called a brain, I got really lame.

I still plan on watching it, but it's not high on my list.

I just started watching season two of Castlevania on Netflix. Only one episode in, but I liked what I saw so far.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 8:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Bird Box" (2018)

A mysterious phenomenon begins causing thousands of mass suicides all around the world.  When a perosn sees whatever is causing it, they die.

A small group of survivors, including a pregnant Sandra Bullock and a drunken, foul mouthed John Malkovich (who's great as always) hole up in a house for a while, but eventually the group is whittled away to just Sandra and her two kids, who then attempt to get to a supposed safe place hidden in the wilderness. The catch? They have to do it blindfolded, so they won't see the "creatures."

This Netflix original has been getting a lot of hype (both good and bad) on social media lately so I was curious to see what all the whoop-de-doo was about. It's a creepy little thriller with a great cast, but apparently it also happens to be similar to the recent critical/commercial hit "A Quiet Place," which I haven't seen. If you have, I suppose your mileage may vary.

Watched it this morning. It was pretty good! They did a good job building the tension, especially considering you never see the "things". Yes, it reminded me of A Quiet Place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 38 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38