Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:46 pm

Yea, the first "Dead Snow" was pretty straight up horror. The sequel was almost slap-sticky.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Son of a bitch!!!

I just found out that the used copy of Dead Snow 2 that I ordered is again NOT going to play in my stupid North American Blu ray player.  I checked the original listing and it would play but then when I ordered a used copy I stupidly forgot to check whether it was the same region coding.  Dammit!

Hey Sideshow, you're in Australia right?  Do you have a blu ray player that will play Region B/2 blu ray discs?  If so and you pay shipping, you can have this one.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 8:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Son of a bitch!!!

I just found out that the used copy of Dead Snow 2 that I ordered is again NOT going to play in my stupid North American Blu ray player.  I checked the original listing and it would play but then when I ordered a used copy I stupidly forgot to check whether it was the same region coding.  Dammit!

Hey Sideshow, you're in Australia right?  Do you have a blu ray player that will play Region B/2 blu ray discs?  If so and you pay shipping, you can have this one.

Yah man, I'm in Australia. My Blu-Ray / DVD player is multi-region, so it'll play pretty much anything. I'll see about taking that one off your hands Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 1:59 am

Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes (2006)-made for cable third installment in the series about a demon(Pumpkinhead) that is conjured by a witch for those who are seeking vengeance. Going into this, I didn't know what to expect, especially for a made for tv sequel, but it wasn't a total waste of time. I give it 2.5 out 0f 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 6:36 am

The Goldbergs
Modern Family
American Housewife
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 5:36 pm

I watched Hatchet 2 again last night.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 6:05 pm

"I, Tonya" (2017)

Margot "Suicide Squad" Robbie portrays white-trash figure skating queen Tonya Harding in this tongue-in-cheek biopic which details her life, her rise to stardom, and her eventual fall from grace due to alleged involvement in the now-infamous "Nancy Kerrigan incident."
Great performances all around, esp. by Alison Janney, who won an Oscar for her turn as Harding's chain-smoking, foul-mouthed mother from Hell.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 12:02 pm

"Amityville: The Awakening" (2017)

A new family - including high school Goth cutie Bella Thorne and her invalid twin brother - moves into the infamous house at 112 Ocean Avenue. Of course, it doesn't take long before the trademark Amityville boogedy boogedy stuff like swarms of flies, mysterious whispers, etc., etc. kicks in. Can Bella convince her Mom (a slumming Jennifer Jason Leigh) that All Is Not Right Here before the house claims them all as victims?
According to Wikipedia, "Awakening" is the 17th (!) film based around the "Amityville" legend. I've only seen a handful of 'em, some of which are better than others, but I would file this latest installment  under "Junk, but at least it's fun junk."

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Star Trek: Beyond
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 10:08 am

Watched this over the weekend.

Liked it very much.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Bill Burr: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 7:52 am

The Terror finale
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 1:51 am

Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 6:10 am

The X Files season 9, episode 3
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Gotham - Season finale

They sure tied up a lot of loose ends with this episode.

Thankfully apparently the series was renewed by Fox for a 5th (albeit abbreviated) season.  13 episodes where we finally get "The Caped Crusader".

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 10:24 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Frankenstein's Army (2013)

Ah man, the cheese is strong with this one.  A Russian squad (that speaks English.....) is on a covert mission into Nazi Germany.  They receive a radio signal from another Russian squad, and they go investigate.  Hilarity ensues (not sure that's what those behind the film were angling for...)

Watched this one tonight.

What a strange, strange film.  Besides the "Russians speaking English" part there are also various face/heel turns among the lead characters; people who seem to be obviously evil end up being not so evil and vice versa.

Not sure I actually understood everything going on in this one; the "Russians speaking English" was harder to comprehend then if they'd just spoke Russian and subtitled the damn thing.

The creature designs are the obvious stars of this flick though.  So many weird and wondrous human/machine hybrids that I can't even begin to remember them all. 

This one will definitely require repeated viewings to A) understand everything and B) fully appreciate all the creatures.

Definitely worth a look if you haven't seen it...

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 1:32 am

tohostudios wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Frankenstein's Army (2013)

Ah man, the cheese is strong with this one.  A Russian squad (that speaks English.....) is on a covert mission into Nazi Germany.  They receive a radio signal from another Russian squad, and they go investigate.  Hilarity ensues (not sure that's what those behind the film were angling for...)

Watched this one tonight.

What a strange, strange film.  Besides the "Russians speaking English" part there are also various face/heel turns among the lead characters; people who seem to be obviously evil end up being not so evil and vice versa.

Not sure I actually understood everything going on in this one; the "Russians speaking English" was harder to comprehend then if they'd just spoke Russian and subtitled the damn thing.

The creature designs are the obvious stars of this flick though.  So many weird and wondrous human/machine hybrids that I can't even begin to remember them all. 

This one will definitely require repeated viewings to A) understand everything and B) fully appreciate all the creatures.

Definitely worth a look if you haven't seen it...

I think that is the main reason I did enjoy the film; the creatures were interesting and often imaginative. They obviously put a lot of time and effort into not only coming up with the monsters, but designing the costumes.

I'm not sure the story actually DOES make any sense...

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 2:39 am

Im watching the CNN docuseries 'the 70s' and tonight I watched the episode covering Vietnam.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 6:11 am

The X Files season 9, episodes 4&5
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 5:26 pm

"Baron Blood" (1972)

An American comes to Austria to visit a castle belonging to his infamous ancestor, "Baron Blood" - a Vlad the Impaler-style homicidal torture fiend. Like an idiot, he reads a magic incantation that ends up bringing the old boy back from the dead and sets him off on a new killing spree. Can he figure out how to send his great-great-great grandpappy back to hell?
Mario "Black Sabbath" Bava directed this Gothic Euro-horror entry which started out promising but turned into a slog by the halfway point. It's got some nice scenery and set design but everyone in the cast over-acts to the point of pure ham. Thankfully, '60s/'70s Euro-hottie Elke Sommer provides ample eye candy in a variety of tight sweaters and short skirts.

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 7:28 pm

My son and I went on the weekend to see:

Deadpool 2

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Last night I watched Austin City Limits with Sturgill Simpson
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Trying to finish Hatchet 2 but the damn cats keep fighting.

Finally finished it after I split the cats up.

This movie isn't as comical as I remembered it; it's actually kinda boring and the acting is terrible (except for Tony Todd, he's always great).  And what's with Danielle Harris' right eyebrow?  She perpetually has that raised eyebrow look Spock always got whenever he was confronted with humans being "illogical".   The gore is pretty good (and comical in an "over the top Stooges" kind of way) but overall this was a lot duller than I remembered.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:04 am

My local historical theater, as a tribute to Margot Kidder, threw their door open for free ( The Tampa Theater, check it out, its a beautiful historical theatrical building, go online and take a look) for a free screening of 'Superman: The Movie', took my son Liam with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 17 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next