Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 6:05 am

Bob's Burgers
The Simpson's
Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 10:09 am

Who the F**K is That Guy?

Interesting documentary on Netflix about this metal fan and the early days of the music scene in 80's NYC. Lots of cool archival footage and cool stories from lots of folks in the metal/rock world.

Bonus: A very well-known guitarist in the metal world talks about being gay. It doesn't change my opinion of him, but I do admit to being a bit shocked when he announced it. I had no idea. And no, I won't say who it is. Watch the doc yourself.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 10:19 am

3 Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri

Good flick. Lots of unexpected twists. Some dark humor, but mostly a downer. I can see why it won so many awards though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 10:58 pm

Last week, I saw Rampage. Fun movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 6:43 am

Ash Vs Evil Dead
The Terror
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
John Wick 2

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 10:00 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Rrqnf6

I went to see it in the theater earlier today. I thought it was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7609

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 10:03 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1M2LbuT4Nge0kUXY1fi7M6-HKUcN6UkVbJOTdDM4Mbk6IV940
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 2:04 am

REC(2007)-a news reporter and a camera man are filming a story on a local fire department when a call comes in about a situation at an apartment building. When the firemen and news team arrive at the scene, they soon find out that a demonic virus is spreading through out the building turning the residence into zombies as the news team films and documents the horror as it happens. This was a very enjoyable spanish film that had some cool effects, some creepy moments and some dreadful atmosphere . The film was remade in America in 2008 under the title Quarantine. I liked both films, but REC I think is the better of the two. I give it 3.5 out of 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Jeopardy
Family Feud
Murphy Brown
Becker
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 9:43 am

Gotham

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Peaky Blinders season 4 on Netflix
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm

"Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" (2000)

The Batman of the future faces an apparently resurrected Joker, who's bent on creating a whole new 21st century of mayhem, in this cool sci-fi infused, action packed animated flick, featuring the great Mark Hamill as the Joker. Fun stuff for Bat-Fanboys.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 5:55 pm

I found a whole new respect for Mark Hamill after seeing "Sushi Girl".  He's great at playing intelligent but psychotic bad guys.  I bet he voices a great Joker in that flick.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 6:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I found a whole new respect for Mark Hamill after seeing "Sushi Girl".  He's great at playing intelligent but psychotic bad guys.  I bet he voices a great Joker in that flick.

He's my second favorite Joker (after Cesar Romero, who is of course the O.G.) Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

He's my second favorite Joker (after Cesar Romero, who is of course the O.G.) Smile

Have you seen the guy who plays the Joker on Gotham?  He's great!  To me, the actors who play The Joker, The Penguin and The Riddler on that show have become THE embodiment of their respective characters.  They're all SO good at being evil but it's a "nuanced" evil.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 10:57 pm

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

Second time I've watched this and it was better this time around.  It's quite different from the original; much darker and more sinister.  It's also slightly more gory but for something with a title like it has, it's just like the original in that you THINK it's gorier than it actually is. 

I don't think this "remake" tops the original but it's not inferior either; it's just a different animal.

One of the reasons I watched this again was in memory of R. Lee Ermey.  RIP

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 9:43 am

tohostudios wrote:

Have you seen the guy who plays the Joker on Gotham?  He's great!  To me, the actors who play The Joker, The Penguin and The Riddler on that show have become THE embodiment of their respective characters.  They're all SO good at being evil but it's a "nuanced" evil.

Nah, I lost track of "Gotham" ages ago (somewhere in the middle of the first season) and I don't think Joker had been introduced yet. That's one of those shows I keep meaning to get back into via Netflix cuz I really enjoyed the few episodes I did see, but I can never find the time. Shoot, my plan to start watching "Twilight Zone" in order has already fallen by the wayside cuz apparently I have the attention span of a fruit fly Laughing very hard

On topic:
"Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell" (2018)

The Graboids are back and so is ace monster-hunter Burt Gummer (Michael "Family Ties" Gross), who is summoned to the Canadian Arctic when a research station comes under attack by the subterranean critters.
The "Tremors" series has been pumping out direct-to-video installments for a long time now and they keep getting cheaper looking as they go along -- this one (which is #6 in case you're keeping score) is not quite SyFy Channel/Asylum cheap, but they're getting close. Still, it's always fun to watch Gross chew the scenery as the gun-happy "Burt" and there's enough slimy monster mayhem to keep fans happy.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers (1956)

Standard 50s movie dealing with an alien invasion. The redeeming value are the special effects by the late great Ray Harryhausen.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 5:02 pm

"Final Exam" (1981)

A below average slasher about a nutjob with a knife running around a college campus, carving up students. Yup, that's the whole plot.  Like most '80s body count movies, this flick obviously wishes it was "Halloween" - a good hunk of the plaintive-piano musical score is a pretty blatant steal from Carpenter's classic.
The bodies don't really start dropping till this movie is 3/4 of the way over, and the killer isn't particularly scary or even visually interesting like a "Michael" or a "Jason" -- he's just some random a**hole in street clothes. He apparently has no connection to his co-ed victims, since he's never identified and no reason is ever given for his killing spree.
"Final Exam" has a couple of pretty girls in it and one or two good gory kills but otherwise it's dreadfully dull. You can skip it unless you absolutely have to see every slasher film made in the '80s.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 5:27 pm

ABCs Of Death 2

I'm still not sure how I feel about this one.  It's definitely more even than the first one which means it doesn't have any real clunkers like the first one had but it also means it doesn't have anything that really stands out like "D Is For Dogfight" did on the first one.   It's an entertaining flick but just seems to be missing the edginess of the original.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Family Guy

OMG!  LOL!  "Millenial CPR!  One (whatever), Two (whatever), Three (whatever)...eh, I'll let my parents take care of this."

Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Bob's Burgers
The Simpsons
Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 4:32 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 PCUSN5RoI2k
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 4:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Family Guy

OMG!  LOL!  "Millenial CPR!  One (whatever), Two (whatever), Three (whatever)...eh, I'll let my parents take care of this."

Laughing very hard

Funny episode, but the previous episode was funnier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 15 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next