Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 6:00 pm

...And of course I love it!!!!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 7:34 pm

...and continuing in the British humor vein, this afternoon I discovered that the 1981 BBC production of "The Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy" is streaming on Amazon Prime. I've read the books numerous times, I've seen the big budget 2005 film a few times but I've only seen a few random bits and parts of this version so I watched the first episode today and I'm looking forward to checking out the rest!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 9:18 pm

That BBC series is how I discovered HHGTTG. I only read the books after the fact. I think that series blows the big budget movie out of the water.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 8:12 am

Been watching 'The Punisher' on NexFlick and season 2 of 'House of Cards'
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 10:37 am

Pretty decent flick about the real life kidnapping of billionaire J. Paul Getty's grandson and his refusal to pay the ransom. However at the very end of the movie, they run a little "disclaimer" that some of the characters and situations were fabricated to add more drama.

Reading up on the actual story, it kinda takes away from the appeal of the movie itself. It's a good watch, but alot of the storyline is just bull they made up for the movie.

Also of note, this was the movie that had to re-shoot a bunch of scenes at the last minute, removing Kevin Spacey and replacing him with Christopher Plummer as JP Getty.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Blew through the last three episodes of the BBC's "Hitchhiker's Guide" last night. Lots of fun!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 8:27 pm

The Man Who Loves To Hurt Himself. A pretty decent documentary on Steve Austin from the band Today Is The Day.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 5:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Pretty decent flick about the real life kidnapping of billionaire J. Paul Getty's grandson and his refusal to pay the ransom. However at the very end of the movie, they run a little "disclaimer" that some of the characters and situations were fabricated to add more drama.

Reading up on the actual story, it kinda takes away from the appeal of the movie itself. It's a good watch, but alot of the storyline is just bull they made up for the movie.

Also of note, this was the movie that had to re-shoot a bunch of scenes at the last minute, removing Kevin Spacey and replacing him with Christopher Plummer as JP Getty.

I remember when it was playing at the local movie theater, they still had the poster with Kevin Spacey's name on it before his scenes were removed from it. Some people would probably pay good money for that one day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 pm

"Some Girls Do" (1969)

In the sequel to "Deadlier Than The Male," swinging investigator Hugh "Bulldog" Drummond is on the trail of a saboteur plotting to destroy Britain's newest supersonic aircraft. Eventually he arrives at the villain's secret island lair, which is protected by a private army of gorgeous female robots. Yeah, baby, YEAH!
Campier than the previous film but still a fun 007 knock off with some cool action sequences and lots of pretty girls. Shag-a-delic!

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 3:14 am

The Final Destination
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 6:05 am

11.22.63 (2016)

Based on the Stephen King novel, James Franco stars as a man shown a way to change history via time travel. A dying friend of Franco asks him to go back and stop the assassination of JFK, a job his friend had tried numerous times in vain. I've caught the first 7 episodes of this eight part mini series streaming on Hulu. A very good show.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 6:08 am

"Escape From New York" (1981)
In John Carpenter's dystopian vision of 1997, New York City has been walled off to create a massive federal prison. When Air Force One crashes inside its perimeter and the President is taken hostage, the government calls on snarling, one eyed bad-ass Snake Plissken (Kurt Russell) to pull off a rescue. An all around classic B-action movie that is still holding up pretty well all these years later.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 11:20 am

"Transmorphers" (2007)

In 2009, a race of giant alien robots takes over Earth and drives the remnants of humanity underground. 400 years later, a small group of survivors comes up with a last-ditch plan to take the planet back from the metallic menace.
...in case it's not totally obvious from the title, this is the Asylum's cheese-and-crackers budget knock off of a certain shape-shifting giant robot franchise, though the post-apocalyptic setting bears a closer resemblance to the bleak "future" world of the "Terminator" saga. The story is actually semi-competent (by Asylum standards at least), but the special effects, as usual, look like one of those cheesy Chinese shoot-em-up video games you find in the "free" section of the Google app store.
Sooo... yeah, not good at all, but I'd still rather watch this than any of the "real" Transformers movies...

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Laughing How has Asylum not gotten themselves sued into oblivion?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:40 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Laughing How has Asylum not gotten themselves sued into oblivion?

I've always wondered about that too.

I can only conclude that they must spend about 10x the amount on lawyers that they spend on movies.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 9:30 pm

You'd think that the Asylum would have moved away from their "Mockbuster" formula after the success of the "Sharknado" franchise, but they're still at it. They just released a knock-off of the new Predator flick, called "Alien Predator." Haha!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Wow. That looks like crap even for an Asylum production.

They usually use all the "decent" scenes in their promos and if those are the "good" ones then this flick sucks more than their usual crap.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 10:13 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  That looks like crap even for an Asylum production.

They usually use all the "decent" scenes in their promos and if those are the "good" ones then this flick sucks more than their usual crap.

I hear the new Predator flick is a total shit-show too, so who knows, the Asylum's version might actually be more entertaining! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 10:53 pm

"Inside Metal: The Rise of L.A. Thrash Metal part 2" (2017)

Members of Megadeth, Armored Saint, Hirax, Dark Angel, Cryptic Slaughter, Agent Steel and many more share memories of the golden age of thrash metal in Los Angeles. As I've said about previous entries in the "Inside Metal" docu-series, long time genre fans probably won't learn anything new from this flick, but the vintage photos, clips, and stories of days gone by told by people who lived through it make this a fun trip down metal memory lane anyway.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Family Feud
Funny You Should Ask
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 7:18 am

"Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone" (1983)

Cheesy sci-fi schlock with Peter Strauss as a Han Solo type who travels to a desert-wasteland planet to rescue some stranded Earth girls. Along the way he tangles with various "Mad Max" style road mutants and creatures, and befriends a space orphan played by a young Molly Ringwald. The Darth Vader-ish bad guy "Overdog" looks like something out of a GWAR video.
Originally released in 3-D, I would say that this early '80s cable staple hasn't aged well, but if memory serves it was never really all that great in the first place.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Gotham - Season 1, EP 4

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 8:39 pm

"Terrifier" (2017)

On Halloween night, a psycho in a clown outfit stalks and kills a pair of attractive but unlucky party-goers and anyone else that gets in the way. Yup, that's the entire plot.
This flick seems to be getting a lot of love from the horror-nerd community at the moment, but I'm not sure why, because it's dumb as a box of rocks. "Terrifier" has a lot of impressively gross, ultra-violent gore FX if that's your thing, and I get that they're trying to do an homage to '80s style slasher/splatter flicks, but there's nothing here that hasn't already been done in the (far superior) "Hatchet" series. So much for hype...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 4:53 pm

"The Midnight Man" (2017)

A young woman caring for her ill grandmother inadvertently unleashes a demonic force when she starts playing a supernatural "game" that Grandma started 50 years prior. Think "Jumanji," but with more throat slashing and disembowelments.
This is one of those horror flicks where the characters are so stupid that they deserve everything that happens to them, but it's done with lots of style and atmosphere. Special mention must be given to B-Movie legend Lin Shaye's creepy-as-hell performance as the disturbed Granny, and the effective cameo by Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund as a kindly doctor. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this one when I pressed "play," but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 6:05 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 27 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next