Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot - Road Rage

Go down 
+17
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
nevermore
glassprison
Fat Freddy
Hadley
candlemass
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
brokentulsa
manny
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
mikeinfla
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Videos removed? Didn't see a link but I may have overlooked them.

Link is right below my comment. lol!

Yeah, I can see them now that I am at home. Was blocked at work.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm

The drama rages on...

Quote :
Former Quiet Riot singer Seann Nicols has won a copyright dispute over Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banali and ex-Quiet Riot guitarist Neil Citron over the use of his version of the new song “Road Rage.”

The following message was posted on Nicols‘ Facebook page today:

“The Seann Nicols Road Rage lyric video on YouTube is live again. This is a well deserved victory after Frankie Banali and Neil Citron issued false DMCA copyright takedown notices on iTunes, YouTube, and Tunecore in an attempt to thwart my efforts to release my work without their involvement. Over the last two weeks, my attorney had words with their attorney regarding the copyrights of Road Rage, and Banali and Citron finally conceded that they never disputed the fact that I am the copyright owner of the songs I wrote for the Road Rage album. This written admission is evidence that Banali and Citron lied under penalty of perjury to have my original version of Road Rage wrongfully suspended and taken down on YouTube, iTunes, and Tunecore. Thankfully I am surrounded by a great team of legal and business professionals that are more than up to the task of helping me combat Banali and Citron‘s unethical business tactics. I also am thankful for my business education, which has been an invaluable tool for strategizing my approach to handling this situation. I would especially like to thank my family, friends, and fans that have supported me to move forward with my career. Please continue to show your support by viewing and sharing the Road Rage lyric video. Thank you!!

Seann Nicols

Want the short version?

Former QR singer releases his version of the song 'Road Rage' written while he was still in Quiet Riot. Frankie and his lawyers say "No way dude. That's my client's song". Seann and his lawyers say, "Nope. My client wrote it, it's his and he can release it".

Sean releases new single that noone cares about, a dejected Frankie relents for now and lawyers from both sides get a fat paycheck. The end?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 7:09 pm

This got me wondering when the Durbin fronted Road Rage would drop but I'm only finding its being stated as a summer release.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:07 am

So much money and time spent over one terrible song...
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 8:34 am

blah

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 10:49 am

I got five bucks that sez if and when Blotzer's Ratt (which is where this Nichols guy is currently hanging his hat) makes a new record, "Road Rage" will be the first single. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:40 am

Quiet Riot continues their historic journey in 2017 with their new album, “Road Rage”. Led by drummer Frankie Banali, who is joined by veteran bassist Chuck Wright (who has been in and out of the band since 1982), guitarist Alex Grossi (who has been in the band since 2004), and new vocalist James Durbin, the band continues to be an unstoppable force in the rock ‘n roll world.

“The recordings for the new “Road Rage” record have been an incredible musical journey in the storied history of Quiet Riot. I asked vocalist James Durbin to fill the very large shoes of the late great Kevin DuBrow because I knew he could. While no one can ever replace Kevin DuBrow, he has the same spirit and drive that Kevin had. James is an amazing live performer with insane vocal range, but he is also a very gifted songwriter and brought to the "Road Rage” record totally unique original lyrics and melodies. Not only do they fit perfectly to the music we wrote, but took the songs to a completely new level. All the work that we have put into this record has been well worth the wait! I am extremely proud of guitarist Alex Grossi, bassist Chuck Wright and especially James Durbin for the work we have created on this record. Quiet Riot continues to tour relentlessly and will be on the road throughout the year. Expect to hear your Quiet Riot favorites as well as new songs from “Road Rage” at our shows!” exclaims Frankie Banali.
The results are everything Quiet Riot fans could have hoped for! “Road Rage” is set for release August 4, 2017 via Frontiers Music Srl.

blah blah blah no one cares about the rest so I stopped reading myself.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 10:41 am

I dunno. Wish Frankie would call it something other than Quiet Riot, cuz it just ain't.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 5:17 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
I dunno.  Wish Frankie would call it something other than Quiet Riot, cuz it just ain't.

How 'bout "Frankie Banali's 'I Can't Believe It's Not Quiet Riot!' All Star Rock Revue And Donkey Show, Featuring The Vocal Stylin's Of James Durbin?"

...nah, they'd never fit it all on a concert shirt. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 10:26 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Quiet Riot continues their historic journey in 2017 with their new album, “Road Rage”. Led by drummer Frankie Banali, who is joined by veteran bassist Chuck Wright (who has been in and out of the band since 1982), guitarist Alex Grossi (who has been in the band since 2004), and new vocalist James Durbin, the band continues to be an unstoppable force in the rock ‘n roll world.

“The recordings for the new “Road Rage” record have been an incredible musical journey in the storied history of Quiet Riot. I asked vocalist James Durbin to fill the very large shoes of the late great Kevin DuBrow because I knew he could. While no one can ever replace Kevin DuBrow, he has the same spirit and drive that Kevin had. James is an amazing live performer with insane vocal range, but he is also a very gifted songwriter and brought to the "Road Rage” record totally unique original lyrics and melodies. Not only do they fit perfectly to the music we wrote, but took the songs to a completely new level. All the work that we have put into this record has been well worth the wait! I am extremely proud of guitarist Alex Grossi, bassist Chuck Wright and especially James Durbin for the work we have created on this record. Quiet Riot continues to tour relentlessly and will be on the road throughout the year. Expect to hear your Quiet Riot favorites as well as new songs from “Road Rage” at our shows!” exclaims Frankie Banali.
The results are everything Quiet Riot fans could have hoped for! “Road Rage” is set for release August 4, 2017 via Frontiers Music Srl.

blah blah blah no one cares about the rest so I stopped reading myself.

Dozens of fans are on the edge of their seats.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 5:21 am

Here we go! Unfortunately, the first single isn't "Seeker" or "Road Rage". Was wanting to compare the two vocalists.

He is a very talented singer, as are the players. But this is generic as it gets.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 12:01 pm

I honestly thought it was a woman on vocals. He sounds like a girl.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Ummmm...wow, yeah. That is ... irritating.

A couple of the YouTube commenters compared the vox to Mark Slaughter, which I can sorta get... and while that might be OK for some folks, I personally have always abso-frickin-lutely HATED Mark Slaughter's girlish, high pitched "singing," it causes me physical pain.

So for me... no bueno.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm

And this song wasn't on the original Road Rage. Wonder if anything else has changed. Yeah, I saw the comments where a lot of people thought it was a chick singing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:27 pm

The Seann Nicols version of "Road Rage" that was posted up above suddenly sounds way better. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:02 pm

horrible... not interested in this album at all...
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:01 pm

It really doesn't matter who is singing, without Kevin it is time to hang it up. At least Scott Voukon had that gritty sound of Kevin and sounded decent on the live clips.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:35 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Here we go! Unfortunately, the first single isn't "Seeker" or "Road Rage". Was wanting to compare the two vocalists.

He is a very talented singer, as are the players. But this is generic as it gets.

I don't think the vocals are that bad after all. They seem to fit the song quite well.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Kirk Hammett was aksed many years ago by someone in the Metallica club, in one of the issues of So What magazine.

Would you rather play in Quiet Riot or go work at Burger King (which he did when he was a teen)?

His response: "Do you want fries with that"...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 12:37 am

mikeinfla wrote:

That song is awful, and Durbin sounds terrible. The mix is shit, too.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 7:34 am

mikeinfla wrote:

Holy smokes that is horrible Razz
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 pm

YEAH!!! ANOTHER NEW QUIET RIOT SONG!!!! said no one ever...

I also noticed that the new tracklisting doesn't have the "original" first single "The Seeker" or the title track "Road Rage". Maybe they thought the other version was superior hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 3:36 pm

That's slightly better than the last song they leaked but still, new guy's vox are too whiny/Mark Slaughter-y for me.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 3:37 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
YEAH!!! ANOTHER NEW QUIET RIOT SONG!!!! said no one ever...

I also noticed that the new tracklisting doesn't have the "original" first single "The Seeker" or the title track "Road Rage". Maybe they thought the other version was superior hahaha.

My favorite reaction to this new song is from a metal sludge poster who wrote: "Is this song about the money spent on the CD?"
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That's slightly better than the last song they leaked but still, new guy's vox are too whiny/Mark Slaughter-y for me.

Dude has a great voice, but he sounds awful on these songs. I don't get it at all. Hard to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot - Road Rage
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next