Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot

Go down 
+8
Required Fields
Leatherface
Gilbert
assault_attack
glassprison
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Frankie Banali's battle with pancreatic cancer has ended:

R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Frankiebanalioct2019_638

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/quiet-riots-frankie-banali-dead-at-68/

Quote :
QUIET RIOT's Frankie Banali has died after a battle with pancreatic cancer. The drummer passed away last night (Thursday, August 20) at the age of 68.

Frankie was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer on April 17, 2019 and given six months to live. He put up an inspiringly brave and courageous 16-month battle to the end and continued playing live as long as he could. Standard chemotherapy stopped working and a series of strokes made the continuation on a clinical trial impossible. He ultimately lost the fight at 7:18 p.m. on August 20 in Los Angeles surrounded by his wife and daughter.

Frankie is survived by his devoted wife Regina, loving daughter Ashley, many dear friends, dedicated fans, and a menagerie of rescue animals, all of whom are family. He was a longtime advocate for animal rescue, a spokesperson for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, and a sponsor of Children International. Donations in his name are encouraged for Fixnation.org, Aspca.org, Pancan.org, or Children.org. His wish for everyone is that you be your own health advocate for early detection so you may live long and rescue many animals.

Funeral plans will be announced at a later date.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 3:47 pm

He fought a good fight...

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 5:32 pm

This is not surprising news, but still very sad to hear. Pancreatic cancer is horrible.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Very sad. Without knowing this, I just posted a bootleg of one of Kevin Dubrow's last performances with Quiet Riot on the guitars101 forums this morning. I also listened to Quiet Riot's Rehab album today and was really impressed with how well it holds up now. It's full of classic Zeppelin/Purple attitude, and Glenn Hughes' appearance on the final track really puts a bow on it.

Given his diagnosis, it's amazing he made it as long as he did. I have tickets to an indefinitely postponed Quiet Riot "Tribute to Frankie Banali" show that was originally scheduled for the spring. Everyone knew what was coming for some time, and it seems this will be the next phase of Quiet Riot--basically a tribute to the members no longer with us featuring some who played with them for varying tenures.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Now only Rudy Sarzo and Carlos Cavazo are left from the classic lineup. And Kelly Garni and Drew Forsythe from the original band...

I wonder if the Jizzy Pearl version will continue with a new drummer? Frankie did it without Kevin Dubrow.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 am

Had a nice talk with Frankie at Glenn Hughes video shoot in 2004. Nice Guy!

Another band about a year to late.

Gary Hoey guitar.

My brother and I saw Gary Hoey band with Banali on drums and Tony Franklin on bass open for Satch probably same year as this band, They tore it up..
Powerful drummer.  
RIP
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 1:55 am

Sad news. R.I.P Sad.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 9:59 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 1:45 pm

R.I.P.; very sad news.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 1:46 pm

One of the first cassettes I ever got was Metal Health. I wore that tape out! Such sad news. He put up a hard, brave fight.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 7:31 pm

Sad to hear.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 8:30 pm

Love all the heartwarming comments from all the people who have been trashing the guy for ages. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2022 10:28 am

This a good song ! Just noticed it on YouTube.
Brought a tear to my eye - the footage of Frankie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot   R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot
Page 1 of 1