Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot Metal Health 38

Go down 
+7
James B.
Lari
Gilbert
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
brokentulsa
11 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Empty
PostSubject: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 8:58 pm

38 years ago today this album came out...
It was the first metal album to go to number 1 on the charts.. I consider this album a masterpiece.. I still listen to this album weekly and enjoy it now as much as when it came out.... any other fans of this record?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 9:01 pm

Not me. Used to love it, but last few times I put it on, I just couldn't get into it. Basically only like about half of it, the rest is not to my liking.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 9:22 pm

A classic album. Really catchy like early Ratt and Def Leppard.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9877

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 10:52 pm

I was just spinning this album a few days ago, and it's quite entertaining. Never been a huge Quiet Riot fan though.

I did order Condition Critical cd from Amazon a few days ago, because it was selling at less than 7$.

Didn't hear any sample first. So i have no clue how good or bad it is.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 3:49 am

Weekly? Really?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 6:09 am

Man that takes me back. Hard to believe I was just in 8th grade when it came out. We all loved it. It still holds up today.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 7:06 am

I remember going to the mall as a kid and seeing the trademark QR mask (like the album cover) among the Halloween costume stuff. Way before I was into Metal...
I think I was about 8.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 7:56 am

A bit after we got this album, "Headhunter" by Krokus was released, if memory serves me correctly? A much better album (IMHDO)

The preppies and jocks gravitated towards this from the crap they jammed in their Cal Bugs & Rabbits. So there is that.

Gonna have to dig out the vinyl, can only remember a few tunes on it.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 10:37 am

Condition Critical showed up in my mail earlier this afternoon. Will spin it tomorrow on my way to work.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 10:38 am

James B. wrote:
A bit after we got this album, "Headhunter" by Krokus was released, if memory serves me correctly? A much better album (IMHDO)

The preppies and jocks gravitated towards this from the crap they jammed in their Cal Bugs &  Rabbits. So there is that.

Gonna have to dig out the vinyl, can only remember a few tunes on it.

Headhunter is much better imo.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 2:17 pm

In high school and after - if you could play Battle Axe -
It was not like Eruption - everyone knew that - but still damn cool riffing !
Rudy Sarzo leaving OZZY - was also a big topic. OZZY was huge !
Then finding out they did an awesome tribute song to Randy Rhoads -
It was heartfelt and tough for sure.
Also being in a band - playing METAL HEALTH - song always went over.
It was an instant anthem song that year.
And the cover song they did. Fun. Dubrow didn’t want to do it. Did lousy takes of it.
Carlos threatened to sing it. Kevin then sang it correctly ha ha !
I love “ Loves a Bitch “ The drum sound was big on the recordings too.
Not as loud as Creatures of the Night with CARR - but damn fine.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 2:26 pm

I was 17 and a senior in high school when this album came out.. it was huge in my high school.. I saw this tour.. One of the best periods of my life..
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Classic for sure!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 2:48 am

I like that last QR album that Kevin did before he died. I think it’s called “Rehab”. I didn’t buy it, but I remember the songs I heard were good!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 7:29 am

Troublezone wrote:
I like that last QR album that Kevin did before he died. I think it’s called “Rehab”. I didn’t buy it, but I remember the songs I heard were good!

It's worth picking up. Great album.

I have it on cd.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 7:50 am

A great album and Quiet Riot made some decent albums after this but never this good again
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 11:22 am

Metal Health was a huge album for 13 year old me. At the time I was listening to stuff like Def Leppard and Asia, and had only recetly started to explore the "metal" end of the spectrum.

Quiet Riot was the first band I'd heard of that identified themselves as "Heavy Metal," and the first time I heard the term "Bang Your Head."

I had Metal Health on cassette and I wore that damn thing out.

...eventually, of course, I heard Metallica's "Kill'Em All" for the first time, and suddenly Quiet Riot didn't cut it anymore. Laughing very hard ("Holy sh*t, there's a new sheriff in town!")

Metal Health is still a sentimental fave though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot Metal Health 38   Quiet Riot Metal Health 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot Metal Health 38
Page 1 of 1