Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot - Road Rage

Go down 
+17
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
nevermore
glassprison
Fat Freddy
Hadley
candlemass
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
brokentulsa
manny
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
mikeinfla
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:22 pm

So I read that the new album will still come out but none of the songs will be performed on tour and there will be little promotion.. WTF are these guys thinking? Shocked
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 am

No idea, I am losing interest quickly with all these vocalist changes. Not that I was very interested anyway... Just crazy they can't keep a singer for a even a year. I'm sure this new kid will do fine but will he fit QR? Remains to be seen. And why release a new album and NOT promote it or play any new songs?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:04 am

Quote :
So I read that the new album will still come out but none of the songs will be performed on tour and there will be little promotion..

Maybe a bit extreme in this case, but I think that is basically the story for most bands of QR's era since at least the early 2000's. It's rare that a band plays more than 1 or 2 songs from a new album anymore.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 10:02 am

mikeinfla wrote:
And why release a new album and NOT promote it or play any new songs?

Make it a "rare collectible". "The QR album that never was!!" Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 10:29 am

Quote :
Make it a "rare collectible". "The QR album that never was!!"

They already did that with "10," the digital-only release with Jizzy Pearl on vox, which Frankie pulled from distribution shortly after its release. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Make it a "rare collectible". "The QR album that never was!!"

They already did that with "10," the digital-only release with Jizzy Pearl on vox, which Frankie pulled from distribution shortly after its release. Laughing very hard

Anyone know why he did that? I've read it was terrible and that's why, but I just listened to most of the songs on YouTube the other day and they're pretty good tunes. Poor production, though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Quote :
Anyone know why he did that?

This was in the the thread here from a couple of years ago about "10," the Jizzy Pearl fronted QR "virtual album" ... Frankie explains to Eddie Trunk why he pulled the release...

Quote :
The Jizzy Pearl-fronted QUIET RIOT did actually record six new songs for an album called "10", which was released digitally on iTunes and Amazon.com in June 2014, but Banali pulled the songs from both download stores shortly after putting the effort on sale and hasn't made them available again. He explained to Yahoo! Music: "I ran into two situations. First, people were illegally downloading it rampantly, and then I had some of the fans getting all upset because I didn't make physical copies. So, at the end of the day, there was zero hope of breaking even because the music was just being stolen. Forget making any profit. And after the money I had already spent to make the record and the time I spent writing, recording and mixing the material, I was not going to pour out more good money into it just to have the same outcome if I put out physical copies. So I pulled it instead."

Banali said that his decision to remove "10" from iTunes and Amazon.com was motivated in part by the fact that he couldn't find a record label that would properly promote the album. In addition, he said that the system that brought us classic rock music has been forever altered by the times and the promotional and marketing engine that is broken, no longer effectively exposing music from the labels through radio and to the masses.

"DJs today are not allowed to play anything at all," Banali said. "In the old days, we'd walk into a radio station with the new record and the DJ would play whatever he wanted. It didn't even have to be the perceived single. That's gone. So the idea of releasing a new record so you can say you're touring for a new album is an antiquated equation. It just doesn't make any sense anymore to make records. I feel badly for the real fans who want the music, but it's just not worth it."

in other words: Frankie got a harsh lesson in how the music business works nowadays, so he took his ball and went home.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Sounds like he's doing more or less the same thing with this new album. Maybe he's gonna sell them out of the trunk of his car after gigs. "Hey man, thanks for coming to the show. Can I interest you in a cd full of songs we didn't play and you'll never hear live, with a singer that's no longer with the band?" Brilliant!

Could there be some sort of legal reason he wouldn't promote or play the songs? Like if the singer has some song writing credits and Frankie doesn't want him to profit from the album sales?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Just when you thought this couldn't get any dumber....

I can't post the link cuz apparently Metal Sludge is blocked by my employer's Web filter (?), but they're reporting that former Quiet Riot vocalist Sean Nichols is now the new singer for Bobby Blotzer's Ratt, or whatever he's calling it this week....

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Here's the link:

http://metalsludge.tv/quiet-ratt-bobby-blotzer-adding-ex-quiet-riot-singer-seann-nicols-to-his-version-of-ratt-says-source/

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 5:58 pm

glassprison wrote:
Here's the link:

http://metalsludge.tv/quiet-ratt-bobby-blotzer-adding-ex-quiet-riot-singer-seann-nicols-to-his-version-of-ratt-says-source/

Laughing very hard You can't make this stuff up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:05 pm

glassprison wrote:
It's rare that a band plays more than 1 or 2 songs from a new album anymore.

"NO NEW CRAP! TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS!"

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:03 pm

007 wrote:
glassprison wrote:
Here's the link:

Laughing very hard   You can't make this stuff up.

they should team up with Jack Russell and Geoff Tate. Isnt White Wizzard looking for a new vocallst? Its been 15 minutes since the last one...

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:31 am

Quote :

in other words: Frankie got a harsh lesson in how the music business works nowadays, so he took his ball and went home.

You would think he would be smart and form his own label like Joan Jett did and Motley Crue did and do his own promotion...Quiet riot will wind up playing the holiday inn and backyard party's while artist like Joan Jett keep playing auditoriums and festivals...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:58 am

Blotzer makes it official.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 6:16 am

Well, here's further proof:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 9:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Blotzer made Seann Nichols a better offer.

Laughing very hard

Ladies and gentlemen of the court, let the record show that I called it 4 days prior to this news release.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 11:35 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Blotzer made Seann Nichols a better offer.

Laughing very hard

Ladies and gentlemen of the court, let the record show that I called it 4 days prior to this news release.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 11:35 am

This just in:

I am the new singer for Quiet Riot.

(brief pause)

...nevermind, Frankie fired me while I was typing this post. I shall now wait by my phone for the inevitable call from Bobby Blotzer. Carry on.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 11:56 am

And from the "Who the hell asked you anyway department", Frankie's wife Regina has chimed in:

Quote :
“I don’t weigh in on Frankie‘s band business often but I just have to say FINALLY after many false starts (post Kevin) with singers that were unprofessional, unjustifiably ego and power driven, think they know everything about the music biz even through they have done NOTHING, or just plain assholes, the band have James Durbin. He is not only talented but also a pro, that is motivated, positive, and grateful for the opportunity. He finished 4th place on American Idol and has his own following and made a name for himself. Yet he also knows his ROLE and doesn’t have a drop of “Lead Singer Disease”. They don’t make old school rock stars like they used to and it’s harder than ever to find a real front man in every sense of the word but James is it (He is also 28 and HOT, am I right ladies?) Quiet Riot shows are going to be FUN again! I am so happy for Frankie Banali and Chuck Wright and Alex Grossi. Congratulations boys!”

Quote :
it’s harder than ever to find a real front man in every sense of the word but James is it (He is also 28 and HOT, am I right ladies?)

Stand by for Frankie and Regina's imminent divorce. Laughing very hard

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Blotzer makes it official.

that was pretty meh...

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Now Sean what's his name is the lead singer of (B) Ratt, you really can't make this stuff can you?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 1:01 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

You would think he would be smart and form his own label like Joan Jett did and Motley Crue did and do his own promotion...Quiet riot will wind up playing the holiday inn and backyard party's while artist like Joan Jett keep playing auditoriums and festivals...

They're actually playing an Alive After 5 show in this small town nearby in June. So they're well on their way to your basement and barbecue soon.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Now they're going to re-record Road Rage with Durbin on vocals, new lyrics and melodies, etc. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot - Road Rage
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next