Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album

Go down 
+22
brokentulsa
Vexer6
bass63
Lurideath
mlotek
Boris2008
Eyesore
mikeinfla
BillRoxx
DeathCult
corplhicks
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
glassprison
Glower
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Empty
PostSubject: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:09 am

A sneaky peek of the new album from The Frankie Banali Quiet Riot Experience Featuring Jizzy Pearl, "Quiet Riot 10," is making the YouTube rounds...

I wonder if the "10" means it's the 10th studio album, or the 10th new singer since Kevin died... OK, that was cruel. Very Happy

Apparently it'll have 6 new studio tracks and four vintage live cuts w/DuBrow on vox.

What sayest thou fellow mettle nerds?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:13 am

No interest. Pass.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:16 am

By the way, tho this video sez the album will be "available at iTunes and Amazon June 27," I just looked for it on Amazon and couldn't even find a listing for it. Make of that what you will, I guess. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 am

Yawn..... sounds like they recorded it on Frankie B's PC in his garage, probably why it can't be found on itunes yet - lol!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 am

This was a good match-up - song !
Frankie should have changed the name of the band -
Poor QR is being dragged - hard - through time -
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:49 am

The new song doesn't sound very good, although it is definitely better than Jizzy's EP from earlier this year. There's going to be a pretty stark contrast between the 6 new tracks and the vintage live material.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 11:18 am

Now that I think about it, maybe the "10" signifies the number of copies they expect it to sell. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 11:32 am

This song isn't bad. I dig his voice. Sound quality is low, but it is YouTube so who knows what it really sounds like.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:06 pm

already heard hlaf of the tracks and stop listen.
sounds like demos unfinished busines.
yes it is typical QR sound but wout energy and trying to copy themselves in every singe track.
not very happy probably will listen once or twice and give it up.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Quiet Riot is one of those bands that,to me, without Dubrow,they're not Quiet Riot. Doesn't mean they aren't any good,they just leave me uninterested.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
By the way, tho this video sez the album will be "available at iTunes and Amazon June 27," I just looked for it on Amazon and couldn't even find a listing for it. Make of that what you will, I guess. Very Happy

Was going to say this. The first I ever heard about this album was June 26 through Sleaze Roxx and on June 27 I can't find it where they said I could find it. Maybe they meant July 27.

The music sounds okay. I feel really bad for Quiet Riot. They seem really disorganized, even when DuBrow was around. Actually disappointed that all they have are six new tracks. Hopefully it'll make it's way to Spotify (if it's ever released at all!), because I have a feeling it won't be worth purchasing.

I'm guessing '10' comes from the number of tracks. Kinda lame (just like when Sabbath had '13' because it was released in 2013). Razz

EDIT:

Okay, there is an iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/quiet-riot-10/id889073761

Still can't find it on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 1:12 pm

007 wrote:
Quiet Riot is one of those bands that,to me, without Dubrow,they're not Quiet Riot. Doesn't mean they aren't any good,they just leave me uninterested.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

Yep.  My thoughts exactly.  

Yea, same here. I'm barely a casual fan of the Kevin years, so I'd probably pass on this one unless I found it dirt cheap or something. The songs ok though.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Pass
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:48 pm

I used to love Metal Health as a kid, bought the album and was surprised by how sub-par the music was. Never invested any more time in them.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 1:01 pm

The songs are not as bad as I was expecting. Jizzy sounds alright, and there are some decent riffs. The production is not great though. The new songs sound more like well recorded demos than a finished product.

The live tracks are:
Put Up or Shut Up
Free
South of Heaven
Red Light Mama Red Hot/ Rock 'n' Roll Medley

While I appreciate the inclusion of Rehab tracks, it doesn't seem like much thought went into what live material to include. Kevin's voice cracks really bad on "Put Up" and the sound quality is not great on any of them--I have bootlegs from the same tour that sound better.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:32 am

Eh, without Dubrow, I don't really see the point. Falls right into the same category as a new Thin Lizzy album for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Sounds ok, I'm gonna give em a shot live and go check them out af the Saban theater in a couple weeks with Faster P*ssycat, Bullet Boys and Gilbey Clark!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 5:16 pm

That sounds like a good show. Bulletboys are usually great live, and I like seeing FP even if Taime's banter and attitude are annoying.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:44 pm

It is now on iTunes. I listened to a few samples and it sounded better than I expected but nothing I would ever buy. Didnt listen to every sample but I didn't recognize any titles that might feature Kevin on vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 1:09 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
It is now on iTunes. I listened to a few samples and it sounded better than I expected but nothing I would ever buy. Didnt listen to every sample but I didn't recognize any titles that might feature Kevin on vocals.

From what I understand, the vocals with Kevin are from one of his last live performances before his untimely demise. Who knows if they were ever intended to see the light of day. 'Red Light Mama Red Hot' is a Humble Pie cover from Kevin's solo album In For The Kill. The other tunes are from later day QR albums.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 1:29 pm

"Put Up or Shut Up" is from QR III, and "South of Heaven" and "Free" are from Rehab. Kind of an odd selection, even though these were all regular songs in their set in 2007.

I remember they sounded great at Rocklahoma that year. These recordings are a bit rough though.

It would be cool if they had a full recording of his last concert. The setlist was much more expansive than most of the other shows they had been doing that year:

10/13/2007, Shrimp Fest, Orange Beach, AL

Put Up or Shut Up
Slick Black Cadillac
Free
South of Heaven
Mama Weer All Crazee Now (Slade cover)
Red Light Mama, Red Hot
(Humble Pie cover)
Let Me Love You / Spoonful / All Shook Up / Dr. Love / Whole Lotta Love
Drum Solo (W/ Moby Dick Snippets)
Run for Cover
Old Habits Die Hard
Sign of the Times
The Wild and the Young
Let's Get Crazy
Battle Axe
Cum on Feel the Noize (Slade cover)
Metal Health (Bang Your Head)
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Just downloaded the first track. What the heck, what's 99 cents. Will play it and crank it in my truck on the way home then post about the production and sound of it on a good system. Rock In Peace is much better than I expected. Not a huge QR fan, I have the first 2 releases and haven't been interested in anything since. I really liked the last vocalist Mark Vodkun. Wonder what happened to him? I thought he did a good job at M3.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:22 pm

I have a number of Quiet Riot albums and I've never really understood what the big deal is. They have some fantastic songs, but overall...meh.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 7:04 am

Wow, all I have to say is WOW. I can't believe they are selling this. it is really bad, and I mean bad. The songs are OK (the samples I heard, I only bought track 1) but the production is terrible, probably the worst I have ever heard. The bass is way to loud. To get it to a decent sound I had to turn the bass competely OFF and turn the volume 15 digits louder than a typical new release. In comparison, the new GX Project played after I listened to my 99 cent song and because of the bass being turned off the transition was ear bleeding (not to mention it was turned up to 35, where I normally keep them at 20).

I don't mind the 99 cents, but that's 4 minutes I'll never get back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next