Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot - Road Rage

Go down 
+17
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
nevermore
glassprison
Fat Freddy
Hadley
candlemass
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
brokentulsa
manny
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
mikeinfla
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 7:04 pm

This is the band that got me into metal to begin with so I am a lot more critical than I would be for other bands. This was the band that also made me want to be a musician.

I have the latest DVD of them about the reforming and different singers and whatnot. I get where Frankie is coming from because that same situation is in my face every day just as it is to him with his band. So I completely understand where his mindset is at.

I had to wait til they released another song before I commented on this. THIS SUCKS!!!!!! That 1st track is not good at all. I have tried to like it and it has failed. Then I listened to that 2nd song and it is even worse!!!!The singer does not fit this band!! Not one bit! That guy has no aggression to his voice at all! Where is the sense of danger they once had? This pisses me off honestly!!!!!

Once a great metal band... now a poor rock band.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Average hard rock song...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Ugh. That's just as irritating as the first two tracks they sneak-peeked.

That's three strikes, Frankie. Yerrrrrr OUT!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 8:15 pm

I guess the problem is that this is the only version of Quiet Riot we are going to see, so long as Carlos is involved full-time in Ratt. Unlike Blotzer's terrible version of Ratt, promoters keep booking QR, so there is constant incentive to keep the band going no matter how ridiculous the lineup gets. Personally, I don't plan on listening to anything else released under the QR name or seeing the band live under any circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 5:28 pm

I guess everyone has their opinion. I like the new song, that Durbin kid sounds good to me. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Its generic, but maybe the one distinguishing sound to Quiet Riot was Kevin DuBrow's voice and out sized personality. The songs are pleasant enough, just generic hard rock/metal tunes and the new kid can sing, but separated Quiet Riot from the rest of the pack was DuBrow's weird charisma. The songs and voice are missing personality, at least in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:20 pm

eh...i don't f*cking care. Quite Riot died a long time ago. this new stuff is mediocre.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 3:41 am

Maybe calling this Quiet Riot is what really throws me the most... if I heard this album under a completely different band name might be different... this album kind of reminds me of 80s era Bad Company...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 1:30 am

Might pick it up eventually.
Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 6:30 pm

LOL I like 'em. I'm not sure what I should or shouldn't look for out there. Sounds like metal to me ..... Some things are more original than others, but I see a baseline and they meet and pass it ....
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Got the album earlier today. Will give it a first spin tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Sorry to go off thread a little but.....
I didn't see a thread for QR's "Down to the Bone" album. I was wondering if anyone of you guys
ever heard the 2 bonus tracks from the Japan issue of this album? It's DuBrow, Cavazo, Banali, and Wright on bass. These 2 tracks are pretty different from the rest of the album.......

The CD for this must be pretty rare, Amazon and ebay have it but the prices on both sites are outrageous!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 2:48 am

Yeah, those songs are interesting. I wonder if they were left over from previous sessions. I heard the Down to the Bone album for the first time last autumn when I listened to the full QR discography straight through. I think they only did a handful of shows in support of the album, during which they opened with "Whatever It Takes" (which seems like an odd opening song to me). They also played "Dig" and "Pretty Pack o' Lies."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 6:50 am

^^ "Slam Dunk" is also on the "Alive and Well" album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 12:09 am

So road rage turned out to be a very good album. I am not sure what purists are complaining about, mainly because i was never a big QR fan so i have no idea what i should normally expect from their albums.

Give it a chance. It is as good as any other solid melodic rock album out there.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:55 am

Here's an interesting video I found yesterday.

As for Road Rage, I've heard a few songs and it just does nothing for me. However on Amazon you can get the CD for 7.99 which isn't a bad price at all. But for a few cents more (I think 8.88) I picked up Airborne Black Dog Barking. Listened to that this morning and I think I made a better choice by spending the extra dollar.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 12:43 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Here's an interesting video I found yesterday.

As for Road Rage, I've heard a few songs and it just does nothing for me. However on Amazon you can get the CD for 7.99 which isn't a bad price at all. But for a few cents more (I think 8.88) I picked up Airborne Black Dog Barking. Listened to that this morning and I think I made a better choice by spending the extra dollar.

I remember having mixed feelings about the Shortino album. It seemed weird without
DeBrow, but I remember liking the album a lot. Kinda reminded me of a Whitesnake
ripoff, but I listened to it and the more I did, the more I liked it.

As for Airbourne, honestly I liked those guys when they first came out, but IMO
each album they put out is worse than the previous one. My liking is "Airburnt"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Road Rage   Quiet Riot - Road Rage - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot - Road Rage
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5