Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:17 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Ugh.  What's with this announce team on ESPN tonight?  Who are these people?  And call me sexist but I just don't like female announcers for baseball or football.

They should stay in the kitchen where they belong. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Or at least doing gymnastics, tennis or even basketball.  I just find women announcers in the booth for baseball or football annoying.

I think it's because they talk like they've played the game but we know that's impossible.  At best a woman played softball in college and there are no credible football leagues for women. Especially since this one tonight is doing color commentary.  By definition I think color commentators need to have at least played the game.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:42 pm

More on point, this game is going about like I figured it would.  I figured Lackey would keep STL close but Cole would probably get the better of him.  The Cards best hope is to get Cole out of the game before the 8th inning.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Geez.  Now it makes sense.  ESPN and the uber-PC mentality.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/espn-jessica-mendoza-curt-schilling/?rss=keywords

And actually Aaron Boone is pretty awful too.  Makes me long for the days of Jon Anderson and Joe Morgan  And I couldn't stand Joe Morgan either.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Wow! Did you guys see this dirty play at a H.S. game?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 11:01 pm

I heard something about a HS game where players targeted a ref but hadn't seen it before.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 11:02 pm

chewie wrote:
Wow! Did you guys see this dirty play at a H.S. game?

I did see that and I'm curious what will happen to those punks and coaches (if they were instructed to do so).

Last edited by 007 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 11:03 pm

That was pretty blatant.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Boy, Cole's gotten nastier as this game has gone on.  He started out somewhat lacking control but he sure is locked in now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 11:15 pm

This has been Cole's best outing since the All Star Break. Hopefully our bullpen can keep it up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 11:17 pm

And Ramirez kills us again.  They gave his career numbers against STL last night.  In something like 220 games he has 30+ homers and over 120 RBI.  He's also hitting well over .300.  Basically he has HOF numbers against us.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Ah...bedtime...

At least now I can stop listening to this terrible commentary.  The play by play guy is OK but the other two are horrible.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Well that series went about like I expected.  I knew Lackey wouldn't beat Cole if Cole was on his game.  And Martinez has been suspect ever since the All Star break.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Well, I have the Pirates vs Reds on right now. The Pirates were set up to fail today. Late night game on the road then travel to another day road game. Top that with Hurdle putting out a somewhat weak line up (4 errors on the day) and having Jeff Locke pitch. Ouch. 3-0 in the bottom of the 6th.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Well Lance Lynn is off to an awful start.  He's faced 14 Cubs so far and allowed 4 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks. 4-0 Cubs in the third.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:03 pm

It's good for the Pirates to see that the Cards are losing but it sucks that it's to the Cubs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:54 pm

A very lackluster performance by the Pirates. They looked totally uninterested in the game. The Reds bring in the "100" mph pitching Aroldis Chapman in the top of the 9th who promptly hits Rodriguez. He's then picked off at 1st. How does that even happen ? Oh well. Final was 3-1 Reds.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Cards are getting bombed 9-0.  They've cleared the bench of all the scrubs.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Wow, a 9-3 game Friday, a 7-1 drubbing last night and a 9-0 shellacking today.  I honestly am starting to wonder if the Cardinals are just sleepwalking through September figuring they're already in the playoffs.  That would be a BIG mistake.  MLB history is littered with the corpses of teams who just "assumed" they were in the post-season before actually clinching a spot.

The worst part  of today's loss for me was that most of the runs were off the starter.  Over the weekend, other than Jaime Garcia, the starters were pretty "meh" but the bullpen was atrocious.  Today, every pitcher sucked.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:49 pm

OK, no more giving Cardinal starters extra days off; from now on we should take our chances.

Carlos Martinez got 4 extra days and got lit up by the Pirates.  Lance Lynn got 10 days off and was blistered yesterday by the Cubs.  Now today, Wacha on 10 days rest has already given up 6 runs in 2 innings to the Cubs.

Screw it.  Throw the starting rotation on their normal days' rest from now on.  The hell with this crap; it can't get any worse. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:55 pm

I have the Pirates vs Reds on. Bottom of the 8th, Prates are winning 6-0. As long as the Cubs are winning, the Pirates have to keep pace with them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:15 pm

Pisses me off that we were cruising along and decided to give the starters extra rest. Just goes to show that starting pitchers are creatures of habit even if maintaining the "habit" is a stress on their arms. We see what happens with extra days off.

I think this is the same dilemma the Mets are facing regarding Harvey and some of their other young pitchers. Hopefully for their sake, they'll see what "extra rest" has bought STL and just stick with the regular rotation.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Well the Cards pulled one out of the fire today. They were down 3-1 in the 8th. Through 7 innings Jon Lester had only allowed 2 hits and fanned 7 but he'd thrown 105 pitches so Maddon pulled him for a pinch hitter in the bottom of the 7th. Cards got to the Cubs' pen for 3 in the 8th and Rosenthal closed it out in the 9th.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 11:18 pm

The Pirates took down the Reds tonight 5-4. It shouldn't have been that close. Kang hits a grand slam and Happ pitched great again, leaving the game with a 5-2 lead. Watson comes in and proceeds to give the Reds 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th. Luckily Melancon was able to finish them off.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 11:23 pm

Damn.  I was watching MLB Network and they were checking in on that game.  I saw the Reds were trying to mount a comeback but I switched over to local news.  Figures it fell short.  I hope the Reds continue to suck because that's where we play tomorrow.

BTW, that Cardinal game today is precisely why I enjoy the NL style of play more than the AL. If that had been an AL game, there's no way Maddon would have pulled Lester. But since it was an NL game where the pitcher has to bat, Maddon had to decide between letting his awful-hitting pitcher stay in the game even though he'd thrown 105 pitches or pinch hitting for him. He chose the latter and it backfired.

That's why I love the NL style with no DH. That strategic decision doesn't exist in the AL.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next