Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 8:27 pm

Uh oh. The Cards a facing a rookie lefty they've never seen before. That's never good; we make those guys look like Cy Young. Good thing Jaime Garcia is starting for us.

I see the Pirates are already trailing the Brewers 3-0. What the heck is it with the Bucs and that team? It's unbelievable.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 8:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I see the Pirates are already trailing the Brewers 3-0.  What the heck is it with the Bucs and that team?  It's unbelievable.

They started AJ Burnett after his lengthy stint on the DL. He doesn't look very good so far (a double, a single then a 2 run homer that was absolutely crushed)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Figures.  Garcia is off tonight.  The Cards have been handed 6 walks and 3 hits and have yet to score.  Garcia has walked 4 and given up 5 hits.  It's currently 4-0 Reds in the 5th.

EDIT:  Correction, 5-0 and Garcia is done after 4 2/3 innings.  Geez, I knew the Cardinal pitching wouldn't keep going at the rate they had been all season but all of a sudden every starter sucks all at the same time.  And in September of all months.

And now Randy Choke is in. Matheny's obviously tossing this game away.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 10:58 pm

I see the Pirates have climbed back into a tie.

Meanwhile the Cardinals are waving the white flag; they've emptied the bench as it's 9-0 now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:01 pm

The Pirates have been able to tie their game up 3-3 in the bottom of the 8th on a McCutchen solo shot and get a gift run with a bases loaded walk.

I'm also watching the Steelers vs Cheatriots game and it's going about hoe I expected because the Steeler D is bad. 14-3 at halftime (and the Steelers have 2 missed field goals; kickers are the most useless players on the team)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Yeah, I flipped over to the football game too when the Cards started getting blown out. But since that game sucks too I think I'll switch to the local news now.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Ya know, as I flip back to the Cardinal game and hardly recognize the names of ANYONE playing, I'm starting to think Mike Matheny is employing the baseball version of the NFL's "prevent defense". As soon as the team is down by more than around 5 runs, he pulls all the starters and plugs in Memphis players. I mean, you should see this game. NONE of the regular starters or relievers are playing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:31 am

The Steelers Patriots game got a little better in the 2nd half. Still, you have to cover Meathead Gronkowski (how could you not?) or Tom Terrific will pick you apart.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Cards are finally getting a decent starting pitching performance and of course it's from Lackey. I really hope STL re-signs him but I think his pitching has priced him out of their range even though he is older.

2-2 in the 7th.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Wow, it's really getting bad. The Cards lost the suspended game 4-2, then got beat again 5-1. Both the starting and bullpen pitching has sucked, the offense has gone into an even deeper slumber than it's been in all season and even the defense has sucked.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 7:50 pm

And that's excellent news for the Pirates. However, Locke is pitching tonight so I'm a bit leery about their chances. And we're getting a lot of rain today so I'm not even sure the game will get played.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 9:04 pm

Every team has "swoons" like this but the Cardinals sure picked a bad time to have theirs'. We've now lost 8 of 10 in September and gone from having a 6 game lead a week ago to a 3 game lead now. The really mystifying part is that out of nowhere the Cardinals started to suck at everything.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 11:19 pm

The Pirates were able to put the boots to the Brewers , 10-2. Locke pitched exceptionally well for a nice change and the Pirates were able to back him up offensively. They're now 2 and a half back from the Cards. I never expected that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 12:49 pm

I expected the Pirates to keep it close but I thought it would be nip and tuck most of the year, not the Cards going into choke mode the last month of the season.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Seahawks vs Rams

Looks like this is headed to OT.  31-31 with 18 seconds left.  The Rams have sacked Wilson 6 times today. Nice to have a QB finally too. Foles is 17-25 for 275 yds and a TD.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Just flipped over to the Cardinals' game while OT was starting. The Cards' bats finally woke up. 9-2 in the 9th.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 5:32 pm

HAHAHAHA!!! Once again Seattle just needs to gain a yard and once again they fail. Final 34-31 Rams.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Just saw an interesting stat. Russell Wilson has been sacked 116 times in his career, 25 (or 21.5%) of them have been by the Rams.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Just finished watching the Pirates vs Brewers. The Brewers had a 5 run lead but the Pirates were able to claw their way back to tie. Josh Harrison's walk off single gives them the win 7-6 in the bottom of the 11th.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:05 pm

Dammit!  Oh well, at least both teams picked up a game on the Shlubs. The Pirates sure are peaking at the right time.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:10 pm

The Pirates have an important 4 game series against the Cubs this week starting Tuesday with a double header. I have tickets to Wednesday's game. Booya ! Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 9:29 pm

I watched NFL Redzone all day, so I guess I watched all the good parts from every NFL game.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Watched the Cowboys and Giants game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 5:30 pm

I couldn't bring myself to watch that game since I don't like either team at all.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Eagles vs Falcons

I see a lot of the same "deer in the headlights" play from Bradford that we saw when he was a Ram but I also see a lot of potential now that he has some of the offensive weapons he lacked here.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next