Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about

Go down 
+23
DallasBlack
CRIMSONMASK
Lurideath
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
Shawn Of Fire
ZombieHavoc
brokentulsa
Thrasher73
A Handful of Wayne
exact33
tohostudios
Headbanger Man
ultmetal
krokus
DeathCult
glassprison
corplhicks
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:19 pm

[Mostly one-hit wonders] Like:

Cats in Boots
XYZ
Katmandu
Fastway
Zodiac Mindwarp
Rough Cutt
Tigertailz [one of my all-time fav bands]
Bullet LaVolta
Slave Raider
Gotthard
Thunderhead
Crossroads
Harem Scarem

If there was a station that just played old episodes from z-rock 1987-1993, I would have that crap on 24/7.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Would Danger Danger count?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:33 pm

The Z-Rock live shows are pretty cool. I have recordings of Child's Play, Danger Danger, Firehouse, Southgang, Vain, and Bang Tango Z-Rock broadcasts, and maybe a few others that I'm forgetting.

My favorites from your list are Cats in Boots, Katmandu, and Zodiac Mindwarp.

I've never heard of Bullet LaVolta, Slave Raider, Crossroads, or Thunderhead. I'll have to look into them.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:42 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

Cats in Boots
XYZ
Katmandu
Fastway
Zodiac Mindwarp
Rough Cutt
Bullet LaVolta
Slave Raider
Gotthard
Thunderhead
Crossroads
Harem Scarem

If there was a station that just played old episodes from z-rock 1987-1993, I would have that crap on 24/7.

Fastway & Slave Raider are two of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Shok Paris is one I was forgetting...
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:04 pm

Good one, GP. I have some live broadcast boots too. Including some that never made air. Slave Raider, Black n Blue, King's X, etc.

You should check out Slave Raider. Friends of mine. And they should have been way bigger.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:24 pm

I have records by
XYZ (good band, yeahh)
Katmandú (have one álbum -i think they only released one- on cd, not a killer álbum but some good songs imo)
Fastway (one of my favorite bands)
Zodiac Mindwarp (Good but again not one of my favorites)
Rough Cutt. Have two vinyl by them. Not bad but not one of my favorite from that era)
Tigertailz (together with WRATHCHILD UK my favorite glam metal band from the UK, i made a video on my YOU TUBE channel were i show everything i own by them on vinyl, vhs, cd´s etc..)
Slave Raider (i agree, underrated. Have two vinyls and some maxi promos on vinyls too)
Thunderhead (have only one cd by them, not a big fan of them at all, not a killer band imo)
Crossroads
I like BABYLON AD very much. An underrated band.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:35 pm

XYZ
Fastway

These are the bands I've heard out of that list. They all were pretty good bands,especially Fastway;my favorite from that list.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Too bad the Slave Raider stuff is so scarce and ridiculously priced.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:58 pm

I got a couple of copies of the first, pre-big label press of Take the World By Storm, Ult. Let me know what ya got.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 6:08 pm

WTF is Z-Rock ?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 6:23 pm

I used to love Gotthard; their albums "G", "Dial Hard" and "Lip Service" are great IMO.  But after the tragic death of their lead singer I think they've lost their edge; they just don't seem to have that "oomph" that I want from my hard rock AOR bands anymore.

For instance, I don't hear anything like this song from "G":

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Cats in Boots
XYZ
Katmandu
Fastway
Zodiac Mindwarp
Rough Cutt
Bullet LaVolta
Slave Raider
Gotthard
Thunderhead
Crossroads
Harem Scarem

I love Gotthard and Fastway is excellent.

glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Quote :
I used to love Gotthard; their albums "G", "Dial Hard" and "Lip Service" are great IMO. But after the tragic death of their lead singer I think they've lost their edge; they just don't seem to have that "oomph" that I want from my hard rock AOR bands anymore.

I agree. Their latest album is so bland. There are two songs that I think are OK, and the rest were some of the most forgettable songs they've ever recorded.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I used to love Gotthard; their albums "G", "Dial Hard" and "Lip Service" are great IMO.  But after the tragic death of their lead singer I think they've lost their edge; they just don't seem to have that "oomph" that I want from my hard rock AOR bands anymore.

For instance, I don't hear anything like this song from "G":

Yea, maybe they should have started up a new band. I haven't heard the new album yet tho but I'm not holding out for it to be really great.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:46 pm

A few others:

Sleeze Beez
Pretty Boy Floyd
Bonfire
D.A.D.
Blue Murder
Seduce
Dirty Looks
Femme Fatale
Salty Dog
Sea Hags
Mind Funk
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:56 am

Some good bands there.I really like Sea Hags,Tigertailz,and Child's Play.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:38 am

Cats in Boots
Fastway
Rough Cutt
Gotthard
Pretty Boy Floyd
Bonfire
D.A.D.
Blue Murder
Dirty Looks
Femme Fatale

I have records from all these bands
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 am

how about ..killer dwarfs and spread eagle..both very good bands
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 am

ultmetal wrote:

Seconded.

I discovered them by way of a song in a movie (I forget which movie now, one of the Elm Streets maybe?) and have always been bummed that I can't actually get any of their stuff.

I dig on most of the bands listed in this thread, and the couple I haven't heard I will be looking in to.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:37 am

ultmetal wrote:

Divebomb is working on that...  Wink 
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Divebomb is working on that...  Wink 

Excellent! (with some Bill & Ted air guitar)
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Bonfire is actually my all time favorite band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:
WTF is Z-Rock ?

Z-Rock was an American radio network that broadcasted hard rock and metal 24-7 during the late 80s/early 90s.

As for the list of bands Unc posted: I heard most of those bands in my travels, but the only one I ever owned anything by was Fastway (the Trick or Treat soundtrack album).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Headbanger Man wrote:
WTF is Z-Rock ?

Z-Rock was an American radio network that broadcasted hard rock and metal 24-7 during the late 80s/early 90s.

As for the list of bands Unc posted: I heard most of those bands in my travels, but the only one I ever owned anything by was Fastway (the Trick or Treat soundtrack album).

Z-Rock was awesome....sadly only lasted 9 months where I lived at the time..... then the station switched to salsa music......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about   Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Z-Rock bands that we never talk about
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next