Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on these NWOBHM bands

Go down 
+7
TrogDawn
krokus
nevermore
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
ultmetal
Required Fields
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Blade Runner
Jaguar
Desolation Angels
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:07 am

I am unfamiliar with all of them, although I may have heard a song or two in the past. The name Jaguar seems somewhat familiar. I'll have to go back and check some NWOBHM comps I have.

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 10:53 am

I like Jaguar a lot. My favourite song can be Back Street Woman.

Other two, I am not quite familiar with.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:01 am

MoonChild wrote:
I like Jaguar a lot. My favourite song can be Back Street Woman.

Other two, I am not quite familiar with.

I have that song on a NWOBHM comp cd and I like it. I've always meant to check Jaguar out, but never got around to it.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:08 pm

I came across Jaguar from the NWOBHM Compilation as well, and managed to get more of their songs.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:46 pm

I have Power Games by Jaguar. It's a very good disc. Metal Blade may have re-issued this a few years ago but I'm not 100% certain on that.

The other two bands I haven't heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:34 am

I like Jaguar and Desolation Angels a lot. Haven't heard Blade Runner (yet, that is)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:51 am

Tokyo Blade blows the crap outta all three. Is that an opinion? Sorry, if it is not.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:24 pm

My fave of the 3 would be BLADE RUNNER. They released two increible heavy metal albums. JAGUAR debut is a classic too one i always compare with the first SAVAGE album, dont know why.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:25 pm

I concur with nevermore - Power Games by JAGUAR is an excellent disc.

Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Power%20Games
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:47 pm

give me desolation angels every time...i still remember when i used their artwork of the lp for my fanzine.... i don't care 'bout the others....yeah, tokyo blade's first and second cut 7's (actually the ep of genghis khan) rules supreme...of course with alan marsh on vox....who later sung on the first and great lp of shogun...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Opinions on these NWOBHM bands 51VVFCJR0QL._SL500_AA240_

Great NWOBHM collectors CD. Jaguar is on here with Axe Crazy. My brother purchased this for me as a B-Day gift a couple of years ago. It's a 3 CD set, and does a pretty good job of covering the most important bands of the NWOBHM.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Ive never heard of Desolation Angels, but I like a few of Jaguar's and Blade Runner's songs that I've heard.

I agree with Sax on Tokyo Blade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Desolation Angels and Blade Runner no idea what they sound like and I have only heard one Jaguar song " Back Street Woman" from the compliation album Lars Ulrich put together several years ago. Not a bad tune, but one song isn't enough to base a fair opinion on.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:09 pm

The album Trog suggested is pretty good Manny, I suggest checking it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestion so it is now added to my never ending list.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:26 am

I've been adding a bunch of NWOBHM bands to my collection lately, some on vinyl, some on CD. I'll have to start adding some of the vinyl to my site.

However, last update I added a band called GASKIN. Good stuff. Kind of reminds me of early Def Leppard or the second Tokyo Blade stuff. Anyone heard of them?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:34 am

TrogDawn wrote:
I concur with nevermore - Power Games by JAGUAR is an excellent disc.

Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Power%20Games

I've been outbid a few times trying to snag this disc. If only I weren't so dang cheap.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:38 am

I was able to find some Desolation Angels on YouTube:
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Blade Runner are reissuing their studio albums; I pre-ordered them earlier this month.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 1:43 pm

I also own the self titled album from Desolation Angels now, it was reissued a couple of years ago. I discuss it in a YouTube video I made a couple of years ago.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 am

Yes...I have one of their  albums on vinyl ...  I am a huge fan of this genre and have quite a few albums on CD and vinyl including the three listed above ...  some of my favorites are jaguar,  heavy pettin, tygers of pan tang, saxon,  Witchfinder General  And savage....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these NWOBHM bands   Opinions on these NWOBHM bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on these NWOBHM bands
Page 1 of 1