Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands

Go down 
+16
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
the sentinel
Required Fields
metalinmyveins
Lari
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
anthrax_fan
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Boris2008
DallasBlack
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Empty
PostSubject: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 11:11 pm

What are some bands/artists that you regret never seeing, are no longer around, or are still gigging but are on your bucket list?

Have seen the Big 12 multiple times. But here are a few that still tour/gig [or at least have newer albums out] that I would throw large stacks at to see just once in my lifetime:

Outrage
United
Leatherwolf
Lillian Axe
The Lead
Rough Riot
Vicious Rumors [Will be seeing them in May]

No longer together/Dead, etc:

Piledriver
Thunderhead
Blue Murder
Ded Chaplin
Sex Pistols
Cinderella [Saw Keifer solo]
X Japan
Seikimatu
Pantera
Black Sabbath
Reverend
Sacred Blade
Badlands

Who knows what they are doing?

Sykes [solo - seen him with Thin Lizzy]
DOA
Andrew WK
Breaker

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 11:16 pm

Definitely Savatage. My favorite band ever (tied with Maiden) and I will never get to see them. The closest I'll get is TSO or Jon if he ever tours again.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 11:20 pm

My first show at First Ave was Rouge Male, Savatage, and something called "Illusions" headlining [???].  Sav was great, but never really got into them beyond Hall of the Mountain King.  Saw them again with Zach in the 90's they BLEW ME AWAY!!!  Fates Warning with Joey Vera, on the other hand, just simply blew.  Have been a Sava-fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 11:59 pm

Black Sabbath

Very nearly spent super stupid money for 2 tickets to their last ever show in Birmingham but pulled out after deciding that I could be nothing but disappointed after spending £1200

Seeing Priest was definitely another bucket list band crossed off. Kreator is another I have never seen but definitely want to.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 12:42 am

Regret not seeing:  Early 90s Pantera, Arise era Sepultura and Suicidal Tendencies with Rocky George.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 12:47 am

Overkill is the first band that comes to mind. Been a fan since I first bought Taking Over, but for some reason I've never gotten around to seeing them live. Had tickets, twice, but once I had to work, and the second time I was very sick and couldn't go. That second one hurt too, cause I even bought the meet and greet tickets, and just couldn't make it.

Twisted Sister is another band I wish I could have seen, but when they were still popular, I grew out of them and never really got back into them until way after th e y quit touring.

Candlemass is another major bucket list band I hope to still catch one day. Think that one will happen, along with Overkill.

Band called Sacrilege is another one I was hoping to see soon. They only released three albums, but there was some rumblings recently about possible reunion stuff, and then all was silent. Great female fronted band I still listen t o quite often from the 80's.

And my biggest, and still possible would be Mercyful Fate. Seen King twice, but my favorite stuff is Mercyful Fate. Still have a small sliver of hope that they'll do something down the line, and I will be going to at least one show no matter what if it happens.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 4:18 am

I´ll forever regret not seeing Slayer ... I could´ve checked them in 1994 and 1998 , but for some reason , I didn´t ... Now Jeff is dead and Lombardo is no longer on the band , I don´t know if It would be that great to see this present version of the band ...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 6:56 am

Never got to see Ronnie James Dio in person, either solo or a member of Sabbath/Heaven & Hell, which still bugs me.

The last time H&H toured thru my area my friend sez he was getting tickets and asked if I wanted "in," but I was too broke at the time so I said "Thanks but I'll have to catch them next time"... and of course there *was* no next time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 am

The top 3 that come to mind are:
Anthrax (only one of the "Big 4" that's eluded me)
Nevermore
Overkill

There's probably a few more that will come to me after my morning coffee kicks in.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 11:50 am

Skid Row came through here on their Subhuman Race tour (there was a different name for the tour) shortly before Baz was out. I still can't believe I missed it. Buddy of mine who went said it was an insane show. Baz was my hero at the time and I should've snuck out to catch it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Impellitteri for me. That's one band I am yet to see and would love to.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 pm

1. Ronnie James Dio/either solo or with Sabbath
2. Metallica w/Cliff
3. Tygers of Pan Tang
4. Thin Lizzy
5. UFO 70's style
6. Megadeth w/Gar and Chris
7. KISS 70's style
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Motorhead came to my province when I was 19. I was in the area just before they came, but I couldn't go due to family reasons.

I remember I wanted to go, but missed the chance. I hoped I'd get to again. Well...I didn't, as Lemmy died a few years ago.

I never got to see Dio perform live in any capacity.

I also never got to see Death live, as Chuck died when I was 16.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 5:51 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
I´ll forever regret not seeing Slayer ... I could´ve checked them in 1994 and 1998 , but for some reason , I didn´t ... Now Jeff is dead and Lombardo is no longer on the band , I don´t know if It would be that great to see this present version of the band ...

I saw them live last year, and it was amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 8:57 pm

Motorhead.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 9:03 pm

Queen.  I'd have loved to have seen them sometime around the Night At The Opera-era or earlier; that's my favorite music from the band.  If course I was only a teenager or younger then so there was no way...

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 1:32 am

So glad I knocked Ronnie James Dio off the list a few years before he died...

Mortification - in their 90's heyday they were a couple hours away and I just didn't pull the trigger, figuring I'd get another chance.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 4:10 am

Wish I could’ve seen Dio before he passed.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:54 am

I have to chime in about Dio as well. And Queen.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 10:07 am

There are a few I wish I had seen, like Motorhead, Dio, Sabbath.

But one I was very close to going to, that a bunch of friends went to and I now really kick myself for not going to, was the Ramones in 1994.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 4:02 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Andrew WK

May I ask why? Not being a dick, I just know next to nothing about this guy. I saw him dj as the opening "act" to Black Sabbath a few years ago, and must admit I was pretty unimpressed and couldn't for the life of me figure out how he ended being the opener for the legendary Black Sabbath. Does he have a band also I'm unaware of that you're talking about? All he did when I saw him was put records on a turn table, can't see why that would make your list lol
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 4:07 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
2. Metallica w/Cliff

One of my biggest regrets in my concert going experiences is seeing Cliff Burton once before he died. I regret it, because I got so plastered that I was pretty much blacked out and remember very little about the show. If I had only known he would be dead in a couple months I would have gone stone cold sober and just watched him the entire night. Might sound funny, but I hope when I die, and they say you have a chance to review your life, I hope I can remember that night then. cheers
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Seen Warlock back in the 80's a few times (partial "True As Steel" show and two "Triumph and Agony" shows , but never seen Doro after she went solo. Had a few chances though, once for this album...
Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands 220px-Doro_doro

...and a few other club gigs in the early 2000's when she came through the Bay Area in Nor Cal. I don't recall what albums cause I've not paid too great attention to much of her output since the mid 90's.

I seen Skynyrd once before the crash and regret not seeing the Tribute Tour in 1987. Seen them after that with ZZ Top, while Hughie T (The Outlaws) was with them...awesome player (RIP)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Andrew WK

May I ask why?

The easy answer? Sentimental reasons. When Auntie Saxon was alive, she was a big fan of Jack Ass [completely antithetical to her personna, which is why I loved her]. Andrew WK was somehow associated with that show. So I got to know his albums fairly well and dug them. He had a very "party" vibe.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Andrew WK

May I ask why?

The easy answer?  Sentimental reasons.  When Auntie Saxon was alive, she was a big fan of Jack Ass [completely antithetical to her personna, which is why I loved her].  Andrew WK was somehow  associated with that show.  So I got to know his albums fairly well and dug them.  He had a very "party" vibe.

Ah okay that's cool then. Had no idea he put out albums, or had anything to do with jackass. Like I said, all I knew was he dj'd for the opening act to Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands   Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal/Hard Rock bands you regret not seeing/Bucket List Bands
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next