Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Empty
PostSubject: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm wondering if I could get some general opinions on these bands, if you're familiar with them. They're basically bands that I can get at least one CD by, but can't really find samples for, or would just like a second opinion. So I'm weary.

Some metal, some rock. Thanks!

Bakers Pink
Bayleaf (Pearl Jam member's side-project)
Brad (Pearl Jam member's side-project)
Cell Mates
Noisy Mama
Piece Dogs
Purged
Radio Active Cats
The Zeros
They Eat Their Own
Victory
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:29 pm

No clue.

Even the great MySpace turns up nothing for you?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:38 pm

I've got the Noisy Mama-Everybody Has One.Nothing great but not bad either.Kind of a sleazy hard rock/metal album.Reminds me of a mix of AC/DC meets hair metal.You want acopy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:09 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
No clue.

Even the great MySpace turns up nothing for you?
Only on a few, like Purged and Victory. But some I can't find anything on. The projects from the Pearl Jam dude have samples out there, but I'd definitely like some opinions on those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:09 am

thrasher73 wrote:
I've got the Noisy Mama-Everybody Has One.Nothing great but not bad either.Kind of a sleazy hard rock/metal album.Reminds me of a mix of AC/DC meets hair metal.You want acopy.
I'd make a trade for it, yeah.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:58 am

Baker's Pink are great, what the brilliant Front turned into. The Front imo produced one of the best hard rock/rock n' roll records of the late 80's with their s/t debut from 1989....And Baker's Pink continues in that vein only a bit different and updated as 1993 would dictate.

http://www.myspace.com/thefrontbakerspink

Baker's Pink - Watercolours promo

The Zero's are fab metallic bubblegum glam pop punk, LA legends that spawned a host of their own imitators in the form of that cities early 90's bubbleglam scene. Ask Shiney about them.

The Zero's - Loves Not Fair promo

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:15 am

Nice! I couldn't find Bakers Pink on MySpace, if you search Bakers Pink, nothing comes up. Never heard The Front, but they both sound great. Looks like I'll have to pick them up.

Not sure about The Zeros. I want to punch that singer in the face.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:26 am

Sometimes when you search bands do it in the general myspace search instead of the music search, sometimes for some reason the bands you search for don't show up in the music search.

....But i think the reason Baker's Pink didn't show up is because their page is with the Front's page. They were the same band only on the Front's second album they changed their name. But get the Front's debut, great record very Doorsy psychedelic hard rock with a bit of Zeppelin thrown in and Love era Cult. Great drummer as well, one of the best i've heard... And chicks love that record....well the one's i play it to.

The Front - Fire promo

....and how can you not love Sammy Serious Laughing. The Zero's are killer. Great songs, image, attitude etc. Those guys had it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:12 am

I saw Bakers Pink opening for Great White many, many years ago. Couldn't tell you a thing about them, other than we thought they sucked big, sweaty sack. But we were there to see Great White and fairly drunk, so any opening band was doomed from the start.

The Zeros had some sort of connection to Howard Stern back in the late 80's. I think they wrote/performed the theme song to his original channel 9 tv show and were on the show from time to time. I sorta remember them being in the same vein as Enuff Z'nuff.

Piece Dogs - Exes for Eyes. Mid-paced melodic thrash. I just listened to that cd not too long ago. Nothing ground breaking or all that exciting, but ok for what it is. If you can find it for a few sheckles, it might be worth spin or 2.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
I'd make a trade for it, yeah.

If this didn't work out, give me a call (pm), and I'll hook you up.

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)   Opinions On These Bands (If You Know) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions On These Bands (If You Know)
Page 1 of 1