Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!

Go down 
+7
Orion Crystal Ice
Black Coffee
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 pm

I just read that Reed St. Mark is a former member already? Anyone know why he left?

Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
I've never heard Celtic Frost before, but is this really dark 'scary' music with crazy death metal vocals and lyrics about depression and darkness and stuff like that??

It's accurate to say that Celtic Frost's early works were principle influences for all of the dark 'scary' metal that came afterward.

So yes. TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Most people "looked" at Celtic Frost when they released Cold Lake instead of listening to them.

That is exactly the truth!!!

They may have adopted a glam 'image', but their music was NOT glam metal at all!!! It was straight up METAL!!!

I must disagree.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present to you Exhibit A: The song Seduce Me Tonight. Much like Hulk Hogan dancing ballet, this is what happens when Tom Warrior tries to play American glam.

Sweet mercy, what a trainwreck that track is.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:08 am

The samples sound good.
Reminds me of Entomed or Paramaecium.
I might have to get this...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I just read that Reed St. Mark is a former member already? Anyone know why he left?

Nevermind... I forgot that was old news. stupid me...

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:39 am

....I frigging love this record...great background music for the end of the world....

grim reaper
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:55 am

detuned wrote:
....I frigging love this record...great background music for the end of the world....

grim reaper

Based on what you said right there and knowing your taste ... I went ahead and put this one way way up towards the top of my list.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:47 am

this is the perfect blackened doom album. i love the guitar tone. sounds very menacing...just like Monotheist.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:40 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
detuned wrote:

grim reaper

Based on what you said right there and knowing your taste ... I went ahead and put this one way way up towards the top of my list.

you also need 'Monotheist' if you don't have it yet...yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:44 am

mc666 wrote:
this is the perfect blackened doom album. i love the guitar tone. sounds very menacing...just like Monotheist.

Great guitar tone and great production on this one. I loved Monotheist as well. They should take Yob with them on tour as an opening act, would fit perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:34 am

nevermore wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Wow, I'm surprised at how many fans like "Cold Lake". I remember back when it first came out my friends were all mocking it! I was the only one in my town who liked it LOL.

It's a good album. Most people "looked" at Celtic Frost when they released Cold Lake instead of listening to them.

The Triptykon track I heard , A Thousand Lies was impressive. It definitely has a Monotheist feel to it.

As I wasn't even born when Cold Lake was released, I didn't really have that problem, and I absolutely loathe that record. For some reason it makes me sick to my stomache. It's just so terrible. Ugh
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:38 am

Different strokes for different blokes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!   TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRIPTYKON - Celtic Frost Fans REJOICE!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2